September 15, 2014 | 1822 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by creamdeviolet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best foundation, I tried over 60, and this is the one I never get bored of, finish has the nicest. Look good in fall and summer time, some people think it's expensive but actually this foundation is usd$60 in most countries

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by riceboxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a HG foundation for me! I wore it to my graduation and it looked absolutely flawless in pictures!! I like the natural finish and the fact that it's extremely buildable and not cakey whatsoever! I wear shade 123 and I'm nc30-35!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by tthao

When I first got a sample of this, Sephora's Skin IQ 'matched' me at a lighter color, 127, so I ended up throwing it away and never got to see this foundation at work.

I decided to give this another shot since it's raved about so much, so I got a sample of the 128. This matched me perfectly. I set it with my Smashbox Halo powder (LOVE), and saw the results. The coverage was a nice medium while it didn't feel heavy on my face. It didn't settle into my lines and it didn't cake either. I have a few dry spots and they went unnoticed. I'm glad I gave it another shot. A few people have compared this to Smashbox's Studio Skin 15 Hour wear, which I just bought, but the coverage is a little too light for me.

I'm a Smashbox believer but they discontinued their HD foundation which was my HG when I had super clear skin. I'm talking compliments at raves when I'm in hot and sweaty crowds. I will probably buy a bottle after I finish my sample, hopefully my search for a great foundation has ended.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by ericajaneee

I ordered a sample of this the other day and after wearing it all day today I have to say that I'm really quite impressed :) For a while now I've been searching for a good foundation that covers redness and pimples but also has a natural finish and stays on my oily skin, and this is looking like the one!
This foundation is really easy to work with and blended into my skin easily without becoming cakey. It also had a very natural finish and covered up my pimples and redness very well. On its own it did feel quite heavy and sticky on my skin but with a little setting and mattifying powder on top I felt like I wasn't wearing any foundation at all!
The other good thing about this foundation is that it didn't seem to aggravate my skin at all. My skin has suddenly become very sensitive in the last couple of weeks, so much so that even sensitive face and cosmetic products seem to sting it, so logically I was hesitant to put any make-up on but this foundation gave me no problems at all!
The only downsides I found were that it didn't stay in place very long, even with a primer underneath and did tend to settle into my lines and pores if I didn't set it with a powder straight after I'd applied it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Stephykinss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There's really nothing HD about it. I have normal skin with the occasional break outs but if I wear this foundation for more than 8 hours there will most definitely be a few white heads or a pimple on my face the next morning. It only happens with this foundation, though. I'm not sure if it's because the foundation is heavy and clogs my pores too much. The price is ridiculous and I get the same finish with a drug store foundation. I bought one to try it last year and it did last quite a bit since I would only use 2 small pumps of it, sometimes even 1. I'm kind of stuck with another bottle of it because I got it for my birthday. It's not a bad foundation, but I always feel like I'm taking a risk when I'm wearing it. I now only wear it for special occasions and you best believe I make sure to clean my face well when I'm removing it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

This product looked great on my skin, had great staying power and coverage.
But it made me break out horribly into little tiny pimples all over as if I was in high school again and going through my awkward phase.

I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by KarmaEls

I bough this for my mom. Only dry/normal skin should try it. If you have combination like me or oily skin, never think of it. It makes you looks like a bottle of oil. It looks perfect on my mom, and suitable for event when you need to take a lot of pictures. After all, it's an OK product

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by diLovesblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard so much hype about this product. Being acne prone and with combination skin I always look for a matte medium to full coverage. I saw a video where the girl applying the foundation had redness due to acne and it cover beautifully. Since I had ran out of foundation I went to sephora to purchase this item. I'm not that concern about prices unless the product doesn't stand up for what I payed. Forty something dollars is not worth getting this foundation. In the morning it looked really nice. However, I went to the lady's room less than three hours after application and I looked like a disco ball! I know I'm oily in the usual t zone but this was to the extreme! I tried it for a week using different primers, setting sprays, powders, methods of applying and it still did not work! Not only that, my face has finally been clear for more than a month, well now I have a couple of nasty pimples!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by snochic469

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this foundation! My only regret is that I took so long to try it out! I have oily, acne-prone skin, and was made to think that this would only make me more shiny and that the coverage wouldn't be enough for my spots. NOT true! I would say this is a medium-coverage foundation... It really evened out my skin nicely, without having to cake it on. Most importantly, it didn't cause more breakouts, which is a miracle in itself for me. I got so many compliments the first week I wore it. I love that it looks like my skin, but actually has decent coverage. The range of shades is absolutely amazing too! I highly recommend this one, even to oily-skinned ladies. I dusted some NARS loose powder over it and it stays all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by xijan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an absolutely amazing product. It covers quite well, gives a natural glow to your skin and I don't know how to explain it, but - my skin really looks like it has something expensive on it :) It is a bit too pricey in my opinion, I would absolutely love it if it was in the Clarins range of prices, and just because of that I didn't buy this product again after I ran out. When I dont use that, I am switching on to Clarins Skin Illusion - also a great product, but considerably cheaper. All in all, if I didn't put the price into consideration, I would buy this product over and over again, the best on the market in my opinion. I am comparing with Clarins Skin Illusion, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Clinique Anti Blemish, YSL Perfect Touch and Kanebo Liquid Finish.