August 31, 2014 | 1043 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Erase paste

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by melliemelmel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Too thick and pasty. Way too hard to blend. I felt like I was giving myself more wrinkles when I'd try to apply it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by TwirlyGirly1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received Erase Paste in the "Finding Mr. Bright" BeneFit value kit. I wanted to try some of BeneFit's products, but not have to invest a lot of money.

I didn't think I'd be able to use the Erase Paste sample for anything other than testing out its consistency and to see whether it cakes, because the sample included in the kit is "medium," and usually in concealers I buy the lightest shade. Who knew I was doing it all wrong? The medium is the perfect shade, but I was used to buying beige-y concealers, not salmon-y tinted products like this.

Several years ago, I was involved in a bad car accident, and my face took the brunt of the impact on the steering wheel. The plastic surgeon who reconstructed my face decided to do me a "favor" and performed an under-eye life (which I didn't need) and removed the fat pads from under my eyes. Eight months later, when the swelling had completely subsided, I was left with deep hollows under both eyes. Nice.

Nothing I have found will completely conceal these dark hollows. But the Erase Paste does a better job than anything else I've tried. I think the salmon color combined with the slight iridescence minimizes the appearance of these dark hollows quite well. However, because of the light-reflecting properties of the Erase Paste it shouldn't be used for anything but under-eye concealing (such as blemishes), unless you want to call attention to the area.

Those who say the product cakes are probably using far too much. The jar I received in the value kit is TINY....yet, after two weeks of almost daily use, I've barely made a dent in it. I use a very small concealer brush, dip in just the tip of the bristles, and apply the product down the center of those dark hollows. I then use a fingertip to gently tap it in, which spreads it out so that the entire indentation is covered. When applied minimally, to just the area needing to be concealed, Erase Paste doesn't cake and does a very good job.

When I use up my trial-sized jar (which may be awhile!, I do plan to purchase the full size product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by foofyfoof

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my favorite concealers! I have dark circles under my eyes sometimes and I need a great concealer to cover them. This one does the trick. It doesn't crack or dry out or anything. It lasts until I wash my face and it definitely works to cover small unwanted blemishes that pop out of nowhere on my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great for undereye circles - doesnt crease and is moisturizing which prevents that under eye dryness from showing off lines!

This stuff is amazing and will cover anything! Does not irritate my super sensitive skin either.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by pritha

UPDATE: I still like this concealer but it kinda dissipates and disappears by the end of the day..I'm going to have to downgrade my rating (sadface).

Just picked this concealer up at Sephora because my under eyes can no longer handle the dryness of the MAC pro longwear concealer. The MAC one really doesn't correct any of my dark circles anyway. I've been experimenting with different ways to apply this Benefit concealer and I've discovered the MAC 224 brush or the MAC 188 brush are the best ways. You really use a small amount of product but buffing it in definitely helps maximize the usage of the product.

I like that its moisturizing and is correcting the darkness under my eyes and brightens my skin. I apply Laura Mercier's secret brightening powder underneath and voila..I look well rested! If you're having trouble with this product, try using a fluffy brush like the ones I mentioned above - it really does help. As always, wear eye cream and let it absorb, that goes a long way too. Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Lumiele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i'm nw10 with a very dark darkcircle.. so i need to be so dark peachy color to cover my dark circle.. i dont mind if its going too dark for my skin.. i use it under my mac studio finish concealer in nw20 mix with hard candy camouflage in fair.. and it's just going so good.. it's cover up my dark circle, do not crease and match also brighten my under eye area..

i use urban decay eyeshadow primer potion before start using this corrector..

and set it with my powder.. (local brand on my country)

love it..
but the cons its the packaging, i wish benefit would give a bigger mouth of the jar lol

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by neeshaluvsmakeup212

i love this concealer! i use it for my undereye circles. I'm only 16, and i have these purplish blue under eye circles from lack of sleep. While no concealer can make them invisible, these concealer can make it close to invisible. In other words, unless you are less than 5 inches away from my face, you can't see them! I will definetely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by TheBrokenShadowsOfMySoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ew. Thick, sticky, pink, creases, cakey and didn't even cover anything. Dont' buy this, please. I returned it after 3 days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this concealer! Especially for my under eye area, I don't have much bags or darkness under my eyes but I love wearing this on days I want to achieve a more awake look and it works great, I have no problems with it creasing or caking on me, I always do set it with a setting powder to avoid any possible creasing and it works fine for me, I have this in the sample size and it has lasted me quite a while, the price for the full size is a bit pricey but I think I would purchase this in full size once I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by kathhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

After trying other concealers the Erase Paste does not stand out in comparison. It is a heavy coverage concealer and is thick and creamy in consistency. When used as an undereye concealer it creases on me quickly, not just at the end of the day. I feel the consistency is too thick and can look cakey, especially as it needs to be set with a powder to try and prevent creasing. I have it in no.2 medium which is too dark for my NW20 skin tone so this works better when I have more colour in the warmer months. As it is more warm in tone, it doesn't work well to cover up blemishes due to the colour tone. The no.1 would be better suited for me, but overall the colour range is poor with only 3 shades. I wouldn't repurchase it and there are definitely better concealers out there.