Moroccanoil Morrocan Oil Treatment

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 5/18/2013 5:07:00 AM

Morroccanoil is definitely not the worth the hype that surrounds it, it isn't worth the price that is is retailed for, and more over my hair saw little improvement over the course of 6 months. I have used many better hair oils better than this, and this one for me came in the lower percentile. Check my full review with pictures on my blog here: http://samanthaaoki.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/moroccanoil-treatment-light.html

on 5/9/2013 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am in love with this product. The smell, the feel of my hair after using it, the multiple uses (frizz control, shine, quick drying, heat protection, etc). WELL worth the money. I have fine, frizzy, wavy hair and use two pumps before blowdrying and another after flat ironing and my hair has never looked more healthy, smooth and shiny. And it smells like heaven. BEST. PRODUCT. EVER.

on 5/5/2013 6:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I can't believe I used to use other products before I discovered the wonder that is Moroccanoil. I had a very thick, coarse hair that I blowout every couple of days. Moroccanoil keeps the frizz at bay, and makes the styling process a whole lot easier. After drying my hair, I apply about 2 to 3 pumps to my hair, which is just past my shoulders. I thoroughly rub it between my hands and run my fingers through my hair. After I'm finished blowing out my hair, I rub one pump between my hands and run it through my hair again for added shine and frizz protection. It's also a great idea to use a little bit more if you plan on using a flat iron after blowing out your hair. It helps to create a sleeker, more polished look. It smells great, and my boyfriend always compliments the scent of my hair.

on 4/30/2013 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Moroccan Oil has been touted as a miracle product for the past few years. When it finally became available in Hong Kong, I hesitated because of the crazy price of over HK $400 (US $50) a bottle. Finally, on a really bad hair day, I weakened.

Well, I have to say Iím kind of underwhelmed. It makes my hair shiny, soft and easy to comb through, but it doesn't stop it from waving up in the humidity or help it to keep a style longer. I'm not wild about the scent either, although everyone else raves about it. It's not a strong smell, kind of nutty, but there's just some unpleasant undertone that I can't quite put my finger on. It definitely smells very different from the pure argan oil Iíve used before.

If you do want to use this, one trick I've found is to decant it from the large pump bottle into a small tinted dropper bottle, like the ones for facial serum, to better control the amount you dispense and not waste any product. It also keeps the entire bathroom from smelling of Moroccan Oil. Used this way, I think I will have enough oil to last for at least a year (sigh). I have however found a secondary use for this product Ė itís great for dry cuticles and adding extra gloss on top of a manicure. Iíve heard it can also be used to pre-oil hair to prevent dryness during a colour treatment.

As others have commented, this is not a natural product but a silicone serum with argan oil added as a hero ingredient. However, the natural oils Iíve tried such as camellia and pure argan oil are not as effective in adding shine or controlling flyaways, although they do help a lot with dryness and poufy hair. It all depends on what youíre after.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Does Moroccan oil smell good? Yes!
Does it make my hair feel good? YES!!

...So then why would I not buy it again? Well, as a girl who's increasingly turning to natural and organic (food & hair/skincare) - think green tea, blueberries and grasswheat each AM, I can't justify using this with the amount of 'feel-good' silicones in here (the main 3 ingredients). In the long run 'cones are bad for your hair as they seal the cuticles and prevent moisture from entering. So maybe the Argan oil in this will help, right? Nooo unfortunately, there isn't enough of it in here to make a difference (5th ingredient down).

Better buying your own Argan oil (making sure it from a reputable supplier - 'Essence of Morocco' is my fave online) or using M.oil just on the odd special occasion (as admittedly I will do!). Or better still use something that'll actually make a difference to your hair in the long run so that 'hair cosmetics' aren't required any longer! My pick would be Divine Herbal hair oil - simultaneously stopped my hair loss and naturally conditioned/repaired my hair, without any 'cones or chemicals. Pricey (when you include shipping to the states) but worth it!

Love the cute M.Oil bottle. Just a shame about the not-so-natural ingredients. Won't be a repurchase for me..

For those who haven't seen the ingredients list, here you go:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone

on 4/17/2013 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is a great light oil. I find it gives the best results if you apply it before heat styling. It gives your hair shine and body. I have damaged, twice-chemically-straightened hair that used to be curly, bouncy and thick. Now its straight but very dry. I would recommend this product in a small quantity. I find it can make dry/damaged hair appear greasy the following day. Experiment and see what works for you.

on 4/16/2013 10:31:00 AM

Love this hair oil! I have fine/medium dyed blonde hair and it can get very dry. This oil makes it feel soft and healthy. It is expensive but it does lasts ages, I have also tried the light version and that one is great to for fine hair

on 4/14/2013 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Best hair oil ever used. Leaves hair silky and smelling great. Controls my frizziness.

on 4/12/2013 1:47:00 PM

This makes my hair so soft, smells so nice, and makes blow drying faster. I use two pumps (I love the pump!) and it tames frizz and adds such incredible softness, I just love the feel of it. It's light, so I don't have to worry about over doing it and ending up with greasy looking hair. It is a bit expensive, and because it's light, I go through it quicker than other serums I've tried, but this is a wonderful product.

on 4/10/2013 2:03:00 PM

This product (Moroccan Oil Treatment) was a huge disappointment for me..Considering all the great reviews & $40.00 price tag. It did nothing for my hair after blow drying..Still had lots of frizz, weared my hair down, and even felt sticky after a while...I washed it out that same night to get the "gunk" feel off my hair..Argan Oil mixed with Silicones does not agree with my hair at all..Next day, after shampooing and conditioning, I used an all natural Jojoba Oil (dirt cheap at Vitamin Shoppe) before blow drying, and had wayyy better results..Hair felt softer and shinier..Unfortunately, this product is going straight into the garbage after only ONE use...never again!..too expensive, and wayyy too over hyped!

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products