Cover Girl CG Smoothers Concealer

3.7

Squalane, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Trimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Ozokerite, Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, C10 18 Triglycerides, Propylparaben, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain ( /-): Mica 6/2/09

on 12/23/2009 2:33:00 PM

I've been using this for years and I can't believe I never reviewed this. I have used this through many liquid foundations, MMU's, TM's and even a "no foundation" phase. This stuff is awesome. It's the only concealer that I can use under my eyes. It's smooth, doesn't drag my skin. I can use either my finger to dab, the actual stick, or even a brush should I choose to apply it this way.

My only complaint is that once you get half way down the stick (where it meets the tube) you cannot get the last bit out without digging it out. I have like 3 of these around the house for if I run out. I considered digging them all out and putting the leftovers in a tin or pot or something. But the price is right so it's not too big a deal. For reference, I use the "neutralizer" shade which covers my rosacea and spots wonderfully. Then I use CG smoothers foundation. Love this stuff!

on 12/19/2009 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I first heard about this product after watching a review from YouTube guru "Ginabinawina99" (link to her video review below)

I have gone through tons of different concealers...but I have to say that this is my absolute favorite! I have already repurchased this product.
************************************************************************
It's very hydrating to the skin and glides on smoothly (hence the name "smoothers"). One of my concerns of concealers is the consistency of the product and how it would glide onto the skin. I didn't want anything that was so thick that it would cause tugging on the skin, causing premature wrinkles. You won't have any of those problems with this concealer.
************************************************************************
The coverage of this product is amazing. It does the job well...and for the inexpensive price, I have absolutely no complaints about it.
Here's a tip:
If you have deep dark circles or blue-ish under eye color...and it seems that no matter what concealer you use, you still get a gray-ish tone showing through the concealer....then I would try this tip. I would suggest dabbing on a tint of orange concealer on the blue under eye circles first, then apply the Covergirl Smoothers ontop of the orange. The combination of the orange along with the Covergirl Smoothers concealer counteracts the blue tones.

on 12/5/2009 2:21:00 AM

My face is naturally red but after i found this product my skin looks all one color! I like to put the concealer on all of my red spots, under my eyes, and on any other imperfections. I let it set for about a minute or two and then i put on my foundation over it. The concealer stays on almost all day and it keeps my skin looking great even after my physical conditioning period! I am not a fan of Cover Girl's foundations but this was definitely worth a try.

on 11/26/2009 10:56:00 AM

I love this product. I have dry skin so its hard to find makeup. This is my second concealer I tried, and it hydrates my skin all day long. It doesn't blend right away so wait for about one - two mins for results. Never going to buy a different concealar again.

on 11/19/2009 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Great concealer stick. I have used Neutrogena and maybelline concealer sticks, and I think CG smoothers is the best among all. It is moisturizing, not like the others which dry on me and create fine lines around my eye area. It is smooth as the name states. The coverage is good, staying power is great too! (Compared to other concealer sticks)

on 11/18/2009 11:43:00 AM

This is the best drugstore concealer I've used, ever! After much failure with almay and revlon, I totally gave up on drugstore concealers, and only used dept store concealers for a few years..... well... until I find this little gem. It's not only good for undereyes but also good on blemishes/acne scars as well. It's VERY creamy under the eyes, and it does stay on well as spot covering on blemishes. The coverage is amazing. It covers almost everything. The only downsize to the product is the packaging which is rather unattractive and looks like a dollar lipstick. Also, you can see the "bubble" on the concealer which made me wonder what kind of cheap ingredients they put in here. Regardless, its a super easy-to-use concealer. I won't stop using my HG dept concealers (lancome, prescriptives, and nars) but this CG one is highly comparable and I will be using this for quick applications on my lazy days since it's in stick form. LOVE!!!

on 11/5/2009 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This concealer is as creamy as the bobbi brown concealer, I love it and it is so cheap. It gives a smooth application and Its so shinny I just love it, and it's a drugstore product

on 11/3/2009 7:28:00 AM

I'm gonna have to jump on the bandwagon for this product. I have been looking for a good under eye concealer and I keep getting disappointed. Granted, I have never tried the Bobbi Brown (and I hear that it's awesome), so I can't compare it to that. But I have tried lots of other "high-end" and drugstore products and nothing worked well for me. That has changed! This stuff is creamy, it stays put and it's CHEAP. My only knock is that it does nothing for my other blimishes (although that's not why I bought it, so...). Anyway, I think it's fantastic.

on 11/2/2009 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I agree with the previous reviewer, this works just as fine as my Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer :) how nice is that? I use the Fair shade and covers any darkness I may have in my undereye area -- please note that I dont have terrible dark circles but with two baby boys (twins) to take care of sometimes I dont get enough rest at nights -- I really like how it spreads on my skin, I use my ring finger and a patting motion to distribute the product and then set it with powder, I like Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder. It doesnt last all day long, but I would say it can last looking good for about 7-8 hours on my combo/oily skin, which is great. After all, I always touch up my makeup by 4 or 5 pm. Give it a try! Take advantage on the next drugstore sale that includes CoverGirl.

on 11/2/2009 11:08:00 AM

I was very surprised and excited to see that this concealer works great on my dark circles. I was using Bobbi Brown concealer and this is way cheaper and works just as well. Yay!

Video Reviews & Tutorials