Cover Girl CG Smoothers Concealer

3.7

Squalane, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Trimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Ozokerite, Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, C10 18 Triglycerides, Propylparaben, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain ( /-): Mica 6/2/09

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Not a horrible concealer, but really not good enough. Not very highly pigmented, so it doesnt really cover up much. It also gets pretty cakey when put on your dark circles,

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I had never bought this before and had always passed by it thinking it wouldn't do anything for me. But I've been in the market for a new and better preferably more affordable concealer and thought why not I'll give it a shot ( before this I was using Maybelline 24hr Superstay concealer in deep beige which was okay but the sponge-like wand applicator got on my nerves after a while-the coverage and consistency were good but the price was a bit steep considering you can't even get all the product out of the stupid container they put it in). Well I'm glad I did because its perfect (and I don't use that word lightly) for me. I got this in medium and the consistency is creamy smooth and application is so easy.I do use this over a primer and staying power is surprisingly good. I just love the coverage it gives over my flaws. Truly love the way it makes my skin look. Over this I use CG tinted moisturizer. I highly recommend both of these.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is an okay concealer. But the packaging is annoying, stick concealers are a pain to use. Liquids are much easier and look more even and blend better!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got this in "Neutralizer" and LOVE it. So smooth. I have very dry flaky skin and this really helps conceal & keep moist and smooth. Will def. purchase again. Cheap for such a good concealer.

I am so surprised at all the good reviews I'm seeing for this product. In my opinion, you get what you pay for. I was pleased when I so easily found a match for my fair skin, until I got home, tried it on, a attempted to blend it. Disastor struck. I was so disappointed, and am ashamed of the $7.00 that I will never get back. When I tried to blend it, it practically rolled off. It was like my finger just erased it off, even with the slightest pressure. I will not be buying this again.

this is a good concealer :)
it's easy to blend, and comes in good colors
but, like w/ all concealers make sure you do this in good light :D

I've been using this for years and I can't believe I never reviewed this. I have used this through many liquid foundations, MMU's, TM's and even a "no foundation" phase. This stuff is awesome. It's the only concealer that I can use under my eyes. It's smooth, doesn't drag my skin. I can use either my finger to dab, the actual stick, or even a brush should I choose to apply it this way.

My only complaint is that once you get half way down the stick (where it meets the tube) you cannot get the last bit out without digging it out. I have like 3 of these around the house for if I run out. I considered digging them all out and putting the leftovers in a tin or pot or something. But the price is right so it's not too big a deal. For reference, I use the "neutralizer" shade which covers my rosacea and spots wonderfully. Then I use CG smoothers foundation. Love this stuff!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I first heard about this product after watching a review from YouTube guru "Ginabinawina99" (link to her video review below)

I have gone through tons of different concealers...but I have to say that this is my absolute favorite! I have already repurchased this product.
************************************************************************
It's very hydrating to the skin and glides on smoothly (hence the name "smoothers"). One of my concerns of concealers is the consistency of the product and how it would glide onto the skin. I didn't want anything that was so thick that it would cause tugging on the skin, causing premature wrinkles. You won't have any of those problems with this concealer.
************************************************************************
The coverage of this product is amazing. It does the job well...and for the inexpensive price, I have absolutely no complaints about it.
Here's a tip:
If you have deep dark circles or blue-ish under eye color...and it seems that no matter what concealer you use, you still get a gray-ish tone showing through the concealer....then I would try this tip. I would suggest dabbing on a tint of orange concealer on the blue under eye circles first, then apply the Covergirl Smoothers ontop of the orange. The combination of the orange along with the Covergirl Smoothers concealer counteracts the blue tones.

My face is naturally red but after i found this product my skin looks all one color! I like to put the concealer on all of my red spots, under my eyes, and on any other imperfections. I let it set for about a minute or two and then i put on my foundation over it. The concealer stays on almost all day and it keeps my skin looking great even after my physical conditioning period! I am not a fan of Cover Girl's foundations but this was definitely worth a try.

I love this product. I have dry skin so its hard to find makeup. This is my second concealer I tried, and it hydrates my skin all day long. It doesn't blend right away so wait for about one - two mins for results. Never going to buy a different concealar again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials