July 26, 2014 | 1115 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by pinkylyc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great concealer stick. I have used Neutrogena and maybelline concealer sticks, and I think CG smoothers is the best among all. It is moisturizing, not like the others which dry on me and create fine lines around my eye area. It is smooth as the name states. The coverage is good, staying power is great too! (Compared to other concealer sticks)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

This is the best drugstore concealer I've used, ever! After much failure with almay and revlon, I totally gave up on drugstore concealers, and only used dept store concealers for a few years..... well... until I find this little gem. It's not only good for undereyes but also good on blemishes/acne scars as well. It's VERY creamy under the eyes, and it does stay on well as spot covering on blemishes. The coverage is amazing. It covers almost everything. The only downsize to the product is the packaging which is rather unattractive and looks like a dollar lipstick. Also, you can see the "bubble" on the concealer which made me wonder what kind of cheap ingredients they put in here. Regardless, its a super easy-to-use concealer. I won't stop using my HG dept concealers (lancome, prescriptives, and nars) but this CG one is highly comparable and I will be using this for quick applications on my lazy days since it's in stick form. LOVE!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Cassak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This concealer is as creamy as the bobbi brown concealer, I love it and it is so cheap. It gives a smooth application and Its so shinny I just love it, and it's a drugstore product

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 7:28:00 AM More reviews by LetsMakeMeUp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm gonna have to jump on the bandwagon for this product. I have been looking for a good under eye concealer and I keep getting disappointed. Granted, I have never tried the Bobbi Brown (and I hear that it's awesome), so I can't compare it to that. But I have tried lots of other "high-end" and drugstore products and nothing worked well for me. That has changed! This stuff is creamy, it stays put and it's CHEAP. My only knock is that it does nothing for my other blimishes (although that's not why I bought it, so...). Anyway, I think it's fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by pelirroja77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with the previous reviewer, this works just as fine as my Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer :) how nice is that? I use the Fair shade and covers any darkness I may have in my undereye area -- please note that I dont have terrible dark circles but with two baby boys (twins) to take care of sometimes I dont get enough rest at nights -- I really like how it spreads on my skin, I use my ring finger and a patting motion to distribute the product and then set it with powder, I like Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder. It doesnt last all day long, but I would say it can last looking good for about 7-8 hours on my combo/oily skin, which is great. After all, I always touch up my makeup by 4 or 5 pm. Give it a try! Take advantage on the next drugstore sale that includes CoverGirl.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 11:08:00 AM More reviews by okin

I was very surprised and excited to see that this concealer works great on my dark circles. I was using Bobbi Brown concealer and this is way cheaper and works just as well. Yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by nell_daisy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very good under-eye concealer! I've been using high end concealers but nothing, including Benefit's erase paste, made them go away as well as this. I dotted this under my eyes a few times, blended, and wow. I could tell a major difference. The dark circles disappeared.

The shade I got, fair, is much lighter than my skin tone but it blended in flawlessly.

I don't think I would use this on blemishes, it's very creamy and would probably encourage breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by jamie11210

Seriously, one of the best undereye concealers. Will repurchase again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by ryco

Well, I'm almost to the very bottom of this concealer stick, and I didn't even realize I had used this product that much!

As a cover-up, I think that this is a very adequate concealer. The consistency is in stick form, so it is creamy. Mind you, anything that comes in stick form can sometimes become a little dry, so I find it best to warm up the product a little bit with my finger, and apply it that way, rather than applying it to my face directly from the stick. [It is also more sanitary to apply it this way]. I feel comfortable saying that this concealer is very opaque, and that it will do the job on concealing imperfections. The only problem I have with it, is its lack of color selection. If my skin were a little more beige, or had undertones of pink, then I'm sure this concealer would suffice. I purchased the stick in "medium" I believe, and although I think it does a great job for the amount you pay, I definitely find myself having to do some extra blending and covering of the actual concealer, to prevent me from looking like I have the chicken pox.

If you have a good skin texture to begin with, and find that one of the colors available matches your skin tone, I would definitely think about purchasing the product. Actually, I would just purchase it regardless, because for the price you pay, it's worth finding out, especially if you can afford to spend a little extra cash. You're not shoving out $40.00 for this concealer, and a little bit goes a long way.

A note for those who would like to use it as an under-eye concealer, this product does crease if you tend to have more lines under your eyes.

The staying powder is good, but if you have oily skin, I think you should opt for setting it with some powder if you plan on only wearing concealer for the day. The product can feel a bit oily itself, and it will most likely wear off sooner than without a powder.

Overall, I would still buy this product again, just to see if I can manage to match any of their other colors to my skin tone. I would hate to miss out on such a good and not to mention, money saving concealer, if I happen to find one that works!

My advice, try it. It might work out, and it won't burn a hole through your wallet.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2009 9:56:00 AM More reviews by sebb

I love cg smoothers. I have this concealer stick in light and it's the best I've used so far. I've tried mac, clinique, other drugstore brands.. nothing works as well as this or blends into my complexion as well as this. I wear pur minerals foundation over top and my very dark circles almost completely disappear.

* EDIT * I no longer use this concealer. I found it to be quite drying and flakey after using it for a while. the coverage is still very good if you have very dark, genetic circles. I now use an olay corrector instead but would still recommend this one, especially if you're on a budget.