November 26, 2014 | 907 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by JudithSpencer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Salux cloths for almost 30 years...ever since I lived in Japan, a place where the women have the most beautiful skin. I use the cloth on my body and on my face, daily...my doctor commented the other day that my skin is much "younger" looking than my age (68) would indicate.

I can highly recommend this product..not only does it do a great job of exfoliating but it is much more hygienic than regular terry cloth.

The Slaux cloths last forever...they DO get softer with age and for those who find them too harsh to use on the face when they are new, the older, softer ones are great for that. I've given these cloths to all my friends. People comment on my complexion a lot and I always give credit to good genes first but to my Salux cloth next!

18 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I guess I'm one of the few people who dislikes this. I find it too harsh and unpleasant - both during use and afterwards, when my skin tingles and not in a good way.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First time I used it, it felt like running cut glass over my skin, but good in a weird way. I love how my after shower cream goes on. Now I don't want to take a shower without it. I went on vacation for a week and forgot it at home. Showers were just not the same.

For you Ontario girls you can get them at your nearest TSN store (Asian grocery store). I went back and bought more and gave them out to friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by princeandpuss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this after seeing all these rave reviews. Unfortunately, I live in a remote isolated community outside of the US so it was annoying to track down, had to order one on ebay and it took over a month to arrive.
Back to the point, this is great. It's durable and effective. I use it every few days and every time I plan to tan or fake bake, it gives me more even and longer lasting results.
I tried it on my after reading a review from a member who said she loved it on her face. OUCH and gross, not only did it hurt, even with very gentle pressure, it also made my skin flare up with both irritation and impurities. No fun.
This is a great product, I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by torirendon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would buy this product a million times over!!!!! I bought this product from Joie at saluxshop.com like many others did.I ordered them on a Sunday,so they were shipped out on Monday and I got them on Wednesday. I ordered four of them for $16 (two for my fiance and two for me) which included shipping. It was the best investment I have ever made! My flakey skin on my nose is gone,my skin is baby soft! Thank you MUA because I would have never found this product on my own. The scrubbies and loofahs I have are going into the trash. I will recommend these to anyone and everyone who wants to get more use of soap,amazing skin,ect.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by H20girl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Think I must be the only person in the MUA universe who did not like the Salux cloth. Found this to be way too harsh and scratchy for my skin. Tried using with no presure and with a thick moisture packed shower gel but this cloth just grated up my skin leaving it red, blotchy and anything but smooth. Was not good for my sensitive skin. Found it is good for scrubbing shower tiles so my $5 did not go to waste.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this on eBay for about $6 and am generally please with it. I previously use a sort of loofah/washcloth I bought at Wal-Mart. While the loofah/washcloth thingamagig worked well for a while, I really wanted something that would exfoliate my skin in the shower and last.

I finally decided to get this after all the great reviews here and I agree with nearly everyone here - this is great! Not only is it huge, it's also very scratchy (for lack of a better word) and really gets the dead skin off. Pair this with a good body scrub and you're set. Even if you don't choose to use a scrub, this will work well with just about any soap or shower gel you choose because it actually lathers very well. I've had this for about five months now and it shows no signs of "dulling" or wearing out.

I don't say this often, but this is definitely an HG product for me. Cheap, effective and long lasting...simply awesome.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by lilmi

I think it's pretty good. The strip of fabric which makes it easier to scrub hard to reach areas like you're back.

It does lather up soaps/gels quite well.

I wouldn't use it on my face because I have sensitive skin.

Leaves skin feeling thoroughly clean and feeling quite exfoliated like any other shower puff.

Price is reasonable and it eliminates the need to purchase a body scrub.

All in all, it does it's job. It's basically like any other shower puff. Nothing amazing, just makes showering a bit more conveniant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using these for years. It is a large rectangle shape which allows me to reach my back/shoulders. I use this is as scrunched up as a poof on a daily basis and have had no need to buy a body scrub because of it. This turns any body wash into an exfoliating treatment. When I apply body oil afterwards; it sinks right :)

These can be found in NYC for $3-4 and last ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I normally like to wait awhile before I write a review. Gives me time to fully test the product. I knew after the first use that I was in love with Salux.

I was able to find it at an Asian grocery store ($5.18 Canadian) and have been using it for a week.

The main reason I wanted the Salux was to help with ingrown hair on my legs that occured recently after trying an epilator. After one week the ingrowns have significantly improved

My body is a bit of a mess. I have super oily, acne prone skin (this means all over... back, chest, face). After a week of using Salux, my skin is super smooth and the acne is improving. The subborn blackheads that have been on my nose forever have almost dissappeared after only one week. I've never found a product that has been able to clear it up.

My skin is oily and acne prone (this means full body.. back, chest, shoulders, face). After the first use my skin was super smooth. Best exfoliator I have ever used hands down. It's helped with the texture of my skin as well as the acne which is starting to clear up.

Many have said in reviews that they would not use this on their face. I say that they are missing out! The best part of my experience with the Salux is that the blackheads on my nose are almost completely gone. I've had nose blackheads for years and have never found something that would get rid of it... so because of that I'm pretty amazed. Just be sure to use a gentle touch when using it on the face. Otherwise for the rest of my body I go to town and am pretty rough.

For those of you who do not yet have a Salux don't wait any longer. This will be one of the best purchase you will make.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No