August 21, 2014 | 966 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These are brilliant. I can't imagine anything working any better to soften and exfoliate skin. The first time I used this I didn't expect immediate results, but my skin was instantly smoother and felt velvety.

I also use this on my face about once a week. I just rub VERY gently and my face is smooth and glowy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by lynne9999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

brilliant, much better than anything else i have tried

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by amydo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first, I only bought one because I want to find out is it as good as everyone said. During the first several uses, I thought it is a little coarse but you can adjust how hard you want to rub against your skin. Glad to say that after a week, I went back and bought 3 more for everyone in my family. I got them from a Japanese Market for less than $3. They work so well and my body feels so smooth. No more searching for the perfect bath towel/sponge for me. This is my HG. Strongly recommend, it is cheap and last for a long time, I have the first one for more than six months and it is still in good shape. Occasionally, I put them in the washer and they come out so clean almost like new. Go get some and try them out and you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by MissLori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use it every day in the shower, and I think I am most impressed with how wonderful this product is for face washing. I rub a bit more gently than the rest of my body, and my skin looks so young and fresh and glowing all the time now. No more blackheads or icky pores. All those years of expensive, messy exfoliating products and all I really needed was this amazing cloth to have a peaches and cream complexion at age 47. Crazy. Love this thing. Best 4 bucks I ever spent.

Btw...make sure you get the real deal, made in Japan. There are some phony ones out there, and they just aren't the same.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Can't live without this! Got a brand new one in a swap with an awesome USAer and I haven't looked back since, I will never be without it! I elipate and this is CRUCIAL in keeping away the ingrown hairs and does a fantastic job of it. Traditional body scrubs or body brushes just don't cut the cake. I don't have to mess with annoying tubs of sea salt or sugar scrubs and the hassle of exfoliating for ages to get the desired effect. I don't have to wish I was a contortionist in order to exfoliate my back. I used to dry brush my body in an attempt to get the softest skin because even the most harsh exfoliators wouldn't give me the same effect. Dry brushing was time consuming and exhausting but the salux is so quick and easy to use! I feel so soft and clean after I use it. I love how I can EASILY exfoliate my back with this because it's long enough! It cleared up acne on my back and even got rid of some of the hyper-pigmentation from old acne scars. I am softer than I've ever been in my life lol. I don't feel clean without this. It lathers beautifully, does a fantastic job of exfoliating and dries quickly. It's so cheap too, it's worth a shot!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by emily_k

After discovering this product last July(thanks to the reviews on MUA!), I don't consider it a real shower if I don't have my Salux bath towel with me. It does such a great job exfoliating. I always had a lot of trouble with exfoliation of the skin on my back, but with the Salux bath towel I can reach everywhere and range from scrubbing hard to light exfoliation. It is great on all parts of the body, and overtime you will realize a big difference in your knees and elbows. I also like to use it between my fingers and toes, leaving the shower feeling sparkling clean :) I use it with either a bar of Dove soap or shower gel.
As others have mentioned, it is quite cheap. I really like the 'new towel feeling' also, so I have bought them several times, once through the Amazon website and twice through the product website. On the Amazon website, there seems to be something going on where the Salux towel will be knocked off by a cheap Chinese replacement. Check out that reviews. For that reason I went to the Salux website and received wonderful service including a personalized note.
Buy a bigger pack and then you can give extras out to family/friends who you think might like it. They'll be obsessed!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

Had never heard of Salux cloths till I came across the rave reviews when browsing MUA. (Thank you, MUAers!!!) These simple 60% nylon 40% polyester cloths are so cheap that I thought they'd certainly be worth a shot. I don't have dry skin or even dry patches - so I was shocked at how much silkier my skin felt after just the first use. Honestly, even if you think you have the world's smoothest skin, a hearty scrub with one of these will be an eye-opener. I use my Salux every morning now in the shower with a dab of shower gel/cream, and I come out with tingly-feeling, glowy and soft skin. They seem to work just as effectively even with water alone.
An added skin bonus I've found is that I can even lower the temperature of my shower water because of the warm tingle I get whilst scrubbing with my Salux - no more moisture-stripping scorching showers 'needed' despite the below-zero winter temperatures we've been getting here lately.
Importantly for me, now even parts of my body previously (and shamefully!!) neglected get a good scrubbing because the cloths are so long (35x11 inches) and easy to manoeuvre. It should go without saying that my collection of loofahs, body brushes and cotton cloths have been consigned to the bin. And never again would I contemplate wrestling with messy and awkward handfuls of sea salt/sugar/other gritty substances in the shower! Salux cloths are a must-have!!!
(BTW I bought off the saluxuk.co.uk website - 3 cloths for about 10 with 2 p&p. The wesbite doesn't look very professional/glossy, but I was really pleased with the swift, hassle-free service. The cloths I received have the Salux label, and the site warns against Chinese copies that are sold under the name 'Leyjie'.)

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Yashuragi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to bathe with cheap cotton wash cloths. Not anymore, after I bought this Salux wash cloth. It scrubs and exfoliates so well. It smoothed out the rough patches around my elbows, knees and derriere(haha), that my old cheap wash cloths could never get rid of no matter how hard I scrubbed. This washcloth lathers so well, it only took a few swipes of soap to get it ready for bathing. Unlike my old cheap washcloths, which I had to buff the soap on to get a good lather. I am never going to use any old cheap wash cloth ever! I bought my Salux wash cloth from Joie Collins' online shop (saluxshop.com). I'm very pleased with her service. She ships very fast and her merchandise is the exact original Salux wash cloth (with the tag).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by uponbluemoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for years! I can't imagine going back to loofahs now that I've tried Salux. One cloth lasts me a couple of years and I always hang it dry after shower so it doesn't grow moldy. I have a backup one ready but at the rate I'm going, I don't know when I'll actually get to use it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by JuJu05

staple in my bathroom. This is all we use back home :)