November 27, 2014 | 1337 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by mmbabies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had my eyebrows waxed last year and the lady ripped off the last half of my eyebrow on the right side. It was a terrible experience and thank goodness my brow has now grown back. I had never really drawn on my eyebrows before but I had to do something because walking around with half an eyebrow was not an option. I found this pencil at Walmart for $5 so I picked it up in medium brown and I loved it! The tip is soo small it made it really easy to mimic actual hairs so it doesn't look obviously drawn on and it stayed put too!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this. It is SO THIN, so you maintain awesome control of where the colour goes. It lasts for ages, a little goes a long way. I've used a lot of brow pencils before delving into the world of brow powders or using a TEEEENY amount of Loreal Hip (brown) gel liner on my brows, but I still reach for this pencil,and mostly just this pencil. It's fantastic.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by sunshine628

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried this brow pencil several times and I do like the shade in dark blonde. My dislikes are the pencil breaks easily when applying and
the pencil doesn't last to long.It's definitely worth trying out.Try applying with a light hand that's what I'm going to do next time I buy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 4:56:00 AM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate to say it, but I am writing this review with quite a heavy heart. No, itís certainly not because I dislike Maybellineís Define-A-Brow pencils and feel as though they are a waste. In fact, I believe that they are without a doubt the best and most natural looking pencils that Iíve tried to date. My sadness only stems from the fact that my color, Soft Black, has been discontinued. Yes, right after I tried them and fell in love.
Iíd hunted for that particular shade in stores for a long while, after hearing a lot of hype about these pencils and discovering through Maybellineís site that they made one of these in ďSoft BlackĒ. It wasnít until I gave up, bought two of them off of eBay and discovered that they were perfect when I check back with the Maybelline site only to find that the shade was missing from the Define-A-Brow page. Crap.
If youíve got pitch black hair like I do, Soft Black would be perfect. Itís an amazingly natural and unbelievably flattering shade of dark charcoal grey. Thatís right- No awkward blue or purple undertones! Itís just a pure, neutral dark grey/soft black. If youíve got black hair and actual muted black eyebrows like I do, surely you realize what a gem these are for that exact reason alone.
For the longest time I had been using a black Nyx pencil, despite being absolutely unhappy with it. When the pencil came in contact with my skin (which happened often as my brows are quite sparse in some places), not only did the pencil sort of cake up but the blue undertones in it became incredibly obvious. Blending it out or attempting to brush the color through only made the blue color more apparent as well as made the pencil go everywhere. The only reason why I didnít switch sooner was because I completely despise and have had really tragic experiences with manual brow pencils. Also, many companies donít seem to make black pencils at all, which narrowed the field greatly when I finished off my other pencil and started shopping around.
The aside from the perfect color, the main reason why I love Maybelline's Define-A-Brow is because the tip is so fine and narrow. Itís easy to create soft, hair-like strokes with and Iíve never had any issues with it caking up. Youíve REALLY got to have a heavy hand to wind up looking like Groucho Marx with these pencils. They perform amazingly well and give soft, natural results both alone and in conjunction with powder, so theyíre great for days when I donít want to spend much time on my eyebrows too. I canít complain about the tips snapping off because I only twist mine up little by little. Yes, itís true that these donít twist back down should you twist up too much (I was forewarned- thanks MUA!) and that IS annoying, but I do love these none the less.
I canít speak for how long these last. My only hope is that the two I purchased on eBay carry me through most of the year at least. If they donít, I certainly love these enough to hoard all of the ones I can buy off of eBay and Amazon. The color and design are truly superb! Now that Iíve discovered them, I canít imagine doing my brows without them!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 4:28:00 AM More reviews by sofiej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the brow pen I keep buying over and over again. I like how it's a little bit harder than some of the other pens that tend to look unnatural and harsh. The "comb"-thing or whatever on the end of the pen doesn't really make sense to me as I tend to use a spoolie type brush to even out the color.. I have black hair and use this is "Dark Blonde" which is a taupe color that looks the most natural on me. I started using this color after having my eyebrows done by an expert who suggested this shade for me. It looks way better than any true brown color I've ever used before. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by JamaicanWhitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first eyebrow pencil ever, so I can't judge this based on other ones but I think that this is a really good pencil! I bought it in the dark blonde and it matches me perfectly, but its really easy to get carried away with how much you apply. But I feel that this really defines them and helps to frame my face. I will definitely be repurchasing this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this is my HG brow product! This in conjunction with MAC clear brow gel is so natural and fantastic! It works just as well as more expensive brow waxes like Revlon Colorstay and Tarte EmphasEYES Brow. The only downside is that the comb on the other end is completely useless and cheap looking. I used it once and ripped it out and threw it away. Make sure to only twist up how much you need bc once you twist it up it won't go back down again. If you do that, you'll be fine :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I revised my original review to bump this up a notch after trying a few others and coming back to this. It's still the best drugstore brow pencil I've tried, mostly because it lasts most of the day -provided I don't rub or rest my hand on my brow area too long which can cause it to smudge due to the soft texture. This is great for application but I noticed it can fade and/or smear a little bit if I don't use a setting spray (or hairspray sprayed on a toothbrush) to help it last longer AND keeps my wily brows in place. Iit's quick and easy to apply, looks quite natural once I run a spoolie or brush over to blend, and gets me through the day. Medium Brown is my shade; a neutral ash brown without the red tones so many medium browns seem to have. The comb on the end of this is cute but basically useless but I do like it because when it pokes out among the rest of my pencils in my holder, I can quickly identify it in the morning even when half asleep :p I still wish it had a spoolie but those are easy enough to come by so not a deal breaker.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product, long lasting and very fine tip. Only problem is that I find the shades to be a little too warm toned.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by jconfer

Great product, stays all day.. love that it is so thin and is automatic.. no sharpening! But the medium brown is too red for me and the Dark Brown and Soft Black is pretty much impossible to find anymore.. I think the colors I need are discontinued :( back on the prowl for a new eyeliner pencil.