September 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by lleux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this paint pot. I got it because I have used the MAC paints for five years, but they either tear at the edges or release too much product without warning (I cannot tell you how many times I've had paint ooze from the tube at its own leisure, leaving me with wasted product). I'll still use my beloved paints, but I suppose I'll have to use them gingerly.

Soft ochre is a great color because it has no shimmer, is similar to my skintone, and offers full coverage over my eyelids for an even base tone. It's incredibly versatile and I just love how it seems to brighten your eyes up.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by WesleysMom25

I like this. I bought this to wear under my eyeshadow as a bse. It makes my shadow last all day. It does not crease.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Emmi87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Good stuff!
I bought this for my wedding (Winter '09) when I got my makeup done at MAC and I haven't even come close to hitting the bottom! I use it everyday to prime my eyes for eyeshadow and its great. Doesn't crease or fade my eyeshadow at all. I'm definitely buying again but maybe try different shades, seeing as I'll have Soft Ochre for a while :) Packaging is classy and clean, too bad price is a bit much. But since it lasts this long, its worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

This is the only paint pot I own from mac. It's great as an eyshadow base, love the colour, the lasting power etc. I'm not really a fan of the packaging, because I like to apply it with my finger over my lid as I feel I have better control over, but by doing that I end up with a load of product under my nails, which is so disgusting! But I find that that is the best way to apply it..

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by aaashley

this is so great as an eye primer for me! i had a nrodstrom giftcard, and wanted to get toofaced shadow insurance. they don't carry toofaced at my nordstrom, so i got this instead. it works great! my eyeshadow never creases unless it is over 90 degress, but i hardly wear shadow if it's that hot anyways. this worked much better for me than ever UDPP, which everyone raves about(: great buy, plus ive had the same one for over a year and still have a TON left! i'm definitely gonna keep buying this product xx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Soft Ochre works wonderfully as a base for keeping eye shadows in place and looking fresh and crease free all day long. And like its cousin, Painterly, it is excellent for blanking out discolourations or blueness in the lids, so that the shadows applied look perfect. The texture of this is just terrific - it glides on smoothly but blots out any imperfections. It's just not as good a colour for me as Painterly (which is why I said I wouldn't buy it again) but it works really well and looks great under brown or bronze coloured shadows. If your skin is a bit less pink/more olive toned, this would be a must have product for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE it. So versatile as I use it as an eye primer AND a lip primer. I use it daily. I find the best way to use it is with my ring finger, the warmth from your finger helps it to blend nicely although you don't have that long as it does dry quickly. Sometimes I just use this as an eyeshadow on work days when I can't be bothered, it just brightens up my eyes and makes me look more awake. As for the lips, again I use my finger and swipe it over before applying any of my bright or dark lipsticks and liners. Really helps to keep my lippy in place. It is a little drying but I don't wear it daily on my lips so it's fine IMO. Keeps my eyeshadow in place all day too. Deffo recommend! X

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2010 3:57:00 AM More reviews by lmbernabe

I really wanted to like this product but sadly I did not. I have oily lids and I thought that the creaminess of the paint pot would counteract that oiliness but it really didn't. It left my eyelid chalky and very unappealing. It also dries really fast, which makes it almost unblendable the longer it sits. I don't know if its just this one (I got a bad batch) because I love my Reubenesque paint pot. The textures of the two are both completely different.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by dragonfly77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really wanted to love this product because it seemed to be so versatile but... it was so hard to blend on my eyelids!! i have pretty oily skin and my eyelids are pretty oily as well so i don't know why i would have a problem with this. i have tried using my fingers and a fluffy blending brush but nothing seems to work. BUT!! it does seem so go on a lot more smoothly with a makeup primer under it so if you put on foundation and primer everyday this shouldn't be much of a hassle for you but i tend to like to just put a little powder on my face so taking out my primer just for this is a bit ridiculous since this is supposed to be a "primer" in a way. the staying power was decent but didn't last more than 4-5 hours.

one thing this is fabulous for is my waterline. WARNING i am not sure if this is waterline safe but my eyes are not that sensitive so i would be careful. since this is a bit drying it has pretty good stay power on my waterline. i was going to buy a nude eyeliner to make my eyes look more awake but this does the trick! this will probably only work if your skin tone is pretty similar to this shade.

overall... for me it was a bit difficult to blend and looked chalky but it was much smoother with primer and lasted a decent amount of time but wasn't amazing. BUT it also looked really good in the waterline to brighten your eyes. *tip! if you cried and your eyes are red, put in a couple drops of eye drop to whiten them and put some of this or a nude eyeliner in your water line and a little on the bottom lash line and your eyes should look much better*

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry eyelids and if I don't moisturize my eye area well before applying, this looks very flaky on me so please make sure you moisturize if your eyelids are dry. A little goes a very long way and you get a ton of product in one pot. A pot should last you a very long time even with daily use..assuming it does not dry out on you. I've had mine for about 3 months now and it has not dried out. I like how it evens out my eye area sort of like a concealer but it does not "pop" colors. I was told that it's sticky and will help pop colors but I don't get that effect like everyone else seems to. One thing it's great for is lightening up colors that appear muddy on my NC40-42 skin though. For example...I can't wear some browns because they just clash with my tanned skin but with soft ochre, the colors just look prettier on me. I would not rebuy this..mainly because it does not pop colors the way Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Urban Decay Primer Potion do.