L'Oreal Infallible Lip Gloss

3.5

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl dimethicone, octyldodecanol, isododecane, acrylic acid/isobutyl, acrylate/isobornyl acrylate copolymer, squalane, polybutene, silica dimethyl sililate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, arginine pca, tocopheryl acetate, pentaeryththrityl tetraisostearate, calcium sodium borosilicate, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, synthetic fluorphlogopite, polyehtylene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate, tin oxide, sodium chondroitin sulfate, atelocollagen, parfum.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Ugh, I tested the tester when we first got it at my job (I usually don't buy L'Oreal because they experiment on animals, unlike Revlon, Almay, Physician's Formula...) and it is one of those glosses that have almost everything I hate in a gloss. I din't like the consistency, not quite fluid or thick, but super sticky. It feels heavy on my lips and it dries them out after a while. The scent is unpleasant too IMHO... It did last longer than the usual gloss, but not much more... maybe because it is so sticky. So I gave one point for that, and another point because the color selection is good. Not great, but good

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I tried shade number 815, Barely Nude. Definitely does not last 6 hours, but lasts longer than most glosses. I was hesitant about the shade because i am not a fan of warm nudes, but it was surprisingly flattering. Also 815 does not have any sparkles, which is a plus. For Whatever reason there is a mirror on the opposite end from the applicator, which makes it impossible to use when actually applying.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

It has a funny brush, kind of a toilet-brush shape, but the gloss does go on easily. The gold "sparkles" you can see in the tube do not show up as glitter, thank goodness, and the color selection is fairly decent and sophisticated - this is a good gloss for those over 25. The texture is comfortable and lasts for a decent amount of time. The only part I really didn't like was the strange fruit-like flavor/scent. It wasn't quite fruity, and for some reason it was stronger in Raisin than in the other color I got. Definitely worth it at BOGO, not sure if I would pay full price (about $10).

This stuff is terrible. It's sticky, you get an ugly film on your teeth and it chapped my lips. What a waste of money. In the trash after 1 day. Huge disappointment

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have mixed emotions about this product. I bought Suede and although it's not bad, it's definitely fallible. Then again, I've yet to come across a lip gloss that isn't. It goes on like a gloss but the texture turns more cream-like once it sets in. I love the clever brush/applicator with semi pointed tip for easier application on all parts of the lip. What I dislike is how the product "gathers" or clumps mid lip after 20-35 minutes, leaving a distinct line. I do prep my lips by ex foliating and applying a wax based balm before applying gloss, and the problem occurs with and without lip liner. It's a shame because the Suede color is really nice. I wanted to give the product a 4 but can't do so with a clean conscious.

I am usually a high-end snob and I usually do not enjoy any long-wearing product but as I just purchased my 3rd and 4th of these glosses, I felt the need to chime in with a review.
I have Sangria and Raisin and just bought Truffle and Fiery.
I have very dry lips and all lip products wear off VERY fast on me. These glosses do not dry me out NEARLY as much as any other long-wearing lip product I have ever tried. The color lasts longer than the shine, but it sure does last. I can put it on in a hurry at work and if I glance at myself in a mirror hours later, I still look like I have some color on my lips and they aren't chapped. Works for me! I only wish they were packaged a little smaller and there were more pigmented colors.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I bought 2 colors (Sangria and Raisin) and both colors are very nice with subtle shimmer. The smell/taste is much improved from the last time I bought a L'Oreal lip product. I love the applicator, it is way more accurate when doing my top lip and it covers my whole bottom lip in one stroke.

All those good things aside, it's definitely not a 6-hour lip gloss. It lasts longer than most lip glosses but it's not 6 hours. When it wears off it doesn't leave a lip line like most long-wearing lipsticks do so that was a plus. I layer it over lipsense and the 2 together can get me through AM through lunch without touchups.

I would definitely buy this product again, especially when theyre on sale at CVS. I have spent way more on a lipgloss and not liked them nearly as much.

One thing that baffles me is that the top of the cap is a mirror. Yet you have to use the top to apply it so you can't look in the mirror and use the product at the same time. No biggie, I always have another mirror with me but when there's a little label saying "Mirror on cap" it seems like they would make it useable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was in need of a new lip gloss and this was on sale so I decided to give it a try. I got Raisin & Barely Nude. I didn't notice at the store that the glosses weren't even sealed so when I got home I was a bit shocked. On the 1st day I didn't really have any problems with it. I would say it lasted for about maybe 3 hours tops( I usually reapply after my lunch). On the 2nd day I began to notice it was sticky which annoyed me and I learned if you don't wait until it does dry on yours lips it does come off. I probably did wait a few minutes before I got thirsty and I saw I had lip marks on my cup. Then on the 3rd day I noticed my lips were started to get chapped. Which usually doesn't happen to me. I tend to get chapped lips when it's cold in the fall & winter not in the spring or summer. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and still dislike the stickiness. Honestly I'm debating about tossing the glosses all together because I hate the feel of it on my lips.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this product from the recommendation of my BF who is a make-up artist. I told her I was at the drugstore and looking for a good neutral gloss – she recommend I try Infallible in 815-Barely Nude. She said this gloss photographs well and looks good on most skin tones.

I’m glad I picked it up - I am very pleased with this gloss. I’m a matte girl myself, and this gloss is something I normally can not tolerate. I hate the slippery, wet glosses that bleed all over my face – and this surely isn’t one of those types of glosses. Yes, it is a bit sticky when compared to most sheer glosses, but it must be heavier in order to have some staying power.

This gloss will last me through my morning coffee and my gym workout. I do not have any caking issues, but I do suggest removing it completely before reapplying. It also does not last through eating and will feel gross until you remove it, so I recommended clean reapplication after eating. The oils in foods and some drinks will make it feel separated and very sticky so be cautious of food and drink when wearing this gloss. But since I do water with a straw – it does great for me!

I would recommend this project to anyone who prefers matte lipsticks.

Of course the lip gloss is sticky and sticks to your hair if the wind blows, they all do that to me.

That said, this is a pretty good gloss. It lasted about 4 hours on me with fading to a lighter color. I think the applicator is easy as it covers my entire lips with a swoop on each one. I wish it did have SPF in it since it does last a long time on my lips.

Update: Just tried new "8 hour"--doesn't last any longer but what a great color selection! Cherry Crush can be a hint of red or a bright slightly rusty juicy red! LOVE IT!!

Recommended for Medium Skin