L'Oreal Refreshing Eye Make Up Remover

2.4

Water, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Allantoin, Magnesium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Magnesium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Oleth Sulfate, Magnesium Oleth Sulfate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance, FIL

This is a pretty good eye makeup remover. It says it's oil-free, but it still feels oily on my skin. I will probably continue to use it, but just because it lasts a long time and it's cheap.

on 4/29/2005 4:20:00 PM

My favorite eye-makeup remover! Being that this is oil-free, it is not the best at removing all types of makeup, but this is how I use it: wash my whole face including eyes with my cleanser to get almost all eye makeup off, then follow up around my eyelids with the remover on a q-tip. That way I'm not pulling at my eyes and I only need a little bit to get the residue and it comes off so easily. And speaking of residue, this does not leave any!

on 4/11/2005 12:01:00 PM

I needed an eye mu remover so I bought this. It didn't really remove my mu completely even after using it 5 times I still had eyeliner and mascara on. My mascara is waterproof so maybe thats it but my eyeliner isn't. It did remove my eye shadow. It was only $5 so it wasn't expensive but it was a waste of money.

on 3/12/2005 6:22:00 PM

This is so far the best drugstore eye makeup remover I've found. It only stings if I drown my eyes with it. It works well at removing eye makeup, although it sometimes doesn't get every last bit. It lasts a long time, and I will continue to use unless I find something better. Update: Rimmel oil free eye makeup remover is way better!!! Another Update: Rimmel does remove everything, but I think it was drying out my lashes (they started falling out). I'm back to L'oreal.

on 2/4/2005 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really can't think of a single thing I like about this product. For starters, the overpowering scent (and it's not pleasant) should have been my tip-off that this stuff would be harsh. And it is: my eyes burn after I use it, and the skin surrounding my eyes feels dry and stretched.

Plus, it doesn't even do all that good a job of removing eye makeup in the first place. I wear a standard, run-of-the-mill mascara, and the eye makeup remover (applied with cotton pad) failed to remove all the mascara. In fact, it didn't even take all my eyeshadow off.

I really discourage this product. It's not only ineffective; it's also painful to use.

on 1/25/2005 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

Me no like-y! It has been a week and I've gone through 1/2 a bottle and still don't feel like I get it all off!!

on 1/17/2005 11:35:00 PM

I had to use so much of this cleanser to remove my mascara (and I was not wearing that much!). Also, it made the skin around my eyes very dry and irritated. The next day I looked like I had chicken skin around my eyes. Gross! I'll never use this again!

on 1/8/2005 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I can't fault this. It is like the only eye make-up remover that is a lotion I can use - and it takes everything off. Cheap, effective.

on 9/27/2004 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

One of the few products I have ever actually repurchased. It's a good eyemaker remover that does its job without irritation. In addition, I like its rosey scent.

on 8/24/2004 3:49:00 PM

My HG makeup remover(ex-aequo with JnJ Head to toe baby wash). I use it all over my face applied on a cotton pad (in general, 2 cotton pads are needed for the whole face), then I wash my face with Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser because I need water cleansing to feel clean. It's very effective.