April 19, 2014 | 1733 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by camilink

everything seem to be be good is not good for you at all i grew up using baby all it the cheapest and one of the best thing to add moisture to your skin so i thought but this product has mineral oil which is not good for your skin ar your hair. this ingredient is difficult to absorb and clogs the pores which doesnt allow your skin to elimate toxin the skin. not because the fda approve of this product does not make it good one of the main reason how i discover that mineral oil is bad because i kept using it on my skin and hair and my skin and hair kept getting worst.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love using baby oil to remove eye makeup. It is gentle and super cheap. When my face is skin and sensitive I lather baby oil on it at night and let it soak in. My skin is so hydrated by morning time. I like to mix baby oil and sugar for a natural exfoliate. It is cheap and works well. Leaves my skin super soft and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by BlackPinStripes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

baby oil is a lifesaver!
-i dampen a tissue and add about 3 drops of oil to remove my eye makeup easily. the only thing i dont like is that sometimes the oil gets in my eye and makes them blurry but then i just wash my eyes afterwords anyways.
-use wherever i have dry skin for soft velvety skin. the mistake i made at first was using this on dry skin and it was much too rough and greasy so make sure you use this with water!
-im suprised it works really well on my face! i have combination skin, sometimes flaky cheeks and a pretty oily t-zone, and this helps really moisturize my dry spots and balance out my skin. it doesnt make my oily areas more oily. it also doesnt break me out, and i'm acne prone.
-not too crazy about the powdery sweet fragrance..its not really noticeable but next time im getting a different scent
-the dispenser is kinda fail, the oil drips out, but no big.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by GUMBYY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

works good for everything esp for taking off eye makeup. always can rely on it if u can use baby products on urself or skin its a GOOD BUY.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by bangton

Unless your skin reacts badly to mineral oil, I'd be surprised to find anyone who doesn't like this product! Everyone I know uses it on damp skin after a shower to moisturise...and me, being a lazy girl when it comes to beauty...love to do this because it takes about 10 seconds to moisturise my whole body. I also chuck loads in the bath to keep me soft.
A while ago though, I accidently discovered that this was great at removing make-up. I'd been using my normal cold cream cleanser on my skin and knocked my flannel into my bath full of baby oil. Being the only flannel not in the wash basket, I proceeded to wipe it over my face...when I rinsed the flannel loads of make up came off round the sink and my skin felt amazingly soft and well cleansed. I didnt moisturise that night and woke up with the silkiest face I have had in ages. Now I use 3 drops every morning and night on my face after cleansing, massage lightly on my face, warm a flannel, hold it on my face for 10 seconds and wipe. I don't bother moisturising with anything else. Been doing this for about 3 months and my skin is better than ever. Yes this does leave an oily residue if you just rub it in, hence why using the warm flannel removes most of it but still leaves a very fine layer on. Even when I do wear foundation the baby oil doesnt impact it. I have also noticed facial oils are popping up, here, there and everywhere for glowy skin - this works just as well so long as you apply just 2 drops and pat your face lightly with the pads of the fingers. Nice for cuticles too!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by mmmelissa

I use baby oil to moisturize mainly. Sometimes I rub this into my cuticles so they're not dry and I use this after the shower. It's extremely helpful during winter but during the summer it can be too slimy feeling and shiny which isn't good if you're in the sun or sweating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by lushieluver

This stuff is really cheap, and nice for pouring a little in your bath if you want a moisturizing bath. My favorite use for it is to put it on my legs and then shave, I'm not sure why but I get the closest shave and softest legs when I use baby oil. The smell is okay, it is a powdery "baby" smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by grrrrrr

I bought 2 full-sized bottles of this from Costco because I liked the baby lotion... when I was a kid. That should've told me something right away, but I just loved the scent so much I bought it, as a 24-year-old woman. I used it after showering as a body oil, on damp skin. My whole body would itch like crazy every time I used it! It was crazy. I would scratch myself until I had welts and scabs all over my legs. It would block pores on my body I didn't know I even had (do ankles have pores? that can be clogged? Well I guess they do because I got little zits there!) And yet I told myself it was just a phase, to keep using it, because dammit I bought two industrial sized bottles of it and I wasn't going to throw it away! So I laboriously massaged the oil into my skin for weeks and weeks, until scabby and exhausted, I finally admitted to myself it wasn't working. What I discovered afterwards was that Hawaiian Tropics tanning oil was great for my skin, doing everything I thought this baby oil would do. So bottom line, mineral oil may work for some, but not all skin types, even if you are dry-normal. If you react to it badly, try coconut oils or other plant oils like jojoba.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Ali1865

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wonderful at moisturizing my dry, cracked skin in the winter. Absorbs quickly and leaves my skin (even my ragged cuticles) nice and soft. I wish the packaging wasn't child-proof, though. It can be a pain to open.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2009 10:41:00 AM More reviews by MakeupGirl500

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this at my local CVS because I was attracted by the inexpensive price. I thought, I can afford to give this oil a try!
I apply it on my body as soon as I get out of the shower or bath and then pat myself dry. What I like about this product is not there is only a hint of a smell, so there is no annoying scent. The packaging is cute and the bottle is clear. It absorbs well and left my skin soft at the end of a day.

What you should know is that the main ingredient is mineral oil, so if you are looking for a more of a herbal oil like coconut or olive oil this is not the right product for you.

I would buy this again because it performs well for soft skin, is cheap, and available at your local drugstore.