Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 8/18/2010 12:53:00 PM

Best stuff ever for my skin head to toe. I rub this stuff on myself after I shower & pat dry & I'm left with beautiful soft skin & a lovely smell :)

on 8/8/2010 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a bathroom staple. I like it as a body moisturizer applied right out of the shower and as makeup remover. I usually soak some up with a cotton pad and hold over my eyes to dissolve, then a few swipes. Then follow with Clinique 3 step routine. I wouldn't risk using it as a face moisturizer.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I actually use this differently than most people - I use mine to shave with. I take a shower and always let my body get steamed enough so it is easy to shave. I drizzle a little in my hand and then I just rub it into my skin. It locks in moisture and gives a nice smooth surface to shave on. I can use it on my arms and legs and I never get a cut. It does such a good job of keeping my skin smooth and soft that I never have to apply lotion afterward. It might be different in the winter, but through most of the year I do not need too. Because I apply it when I am still wet it locks in the moisture without leaving me with a greasy feeling. It is also much cheaper and take the place of two products : shave cream and body lotion. Such a great product and I always have it in the house.

on 8/5/2010 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Make up remove on a budget. One bottle of this will effectively remove even the toughest eye make up for months and months. I typically prefer Clinique make up remover because it's equally as effective and less oily, but it doesn't last nearly as long and it is triple the price. Like I already said, the only con is that it is (obviously), oily, and if you wear contact lenses, it can get on them and that can be annoying :(

on 7/28/2010 6:08:00 AM

I use this to remove my eye makeup prior to using my face wash and sometime after if there is some makeup left. Works better than ANY eye makeup remover I have ever tried, and is cheaper, and does not sting if it gets in your eyes.

on 7/7/2010 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I use this between showering and toweling, and it works! I have really soft skin and it's dirt cheap! I use the non-scented one (so that it doesn't clash with my fragrance).
EDIT: oops! I use Natusan baby oil, not J&J... Well it's probably about the same...

on 6/21/2010 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This stuff is a super effective makeup/sunscreen remover. I wouldn't be able to wear Japanese waterproof sunscreen without it! It dissolves everything. Currently my routine is to massage a little on to my face and tissue it off. Then I take a cotton pad, put a few drops of baby oil on it, and wipe my face again. I use a baby wipe to help get most of the oil off before I use my cleanser.

It melts everything off so effectively that I can't imagine using anything else. It's my greasy godsend.

on 5/28/2010 2:28:00 AM

Before I read the reviews, I used the oil like I would with any other lotion. It didn't absorb, it was greasy and it got everywhere. For a minute, I thought the product was overrated. Then I read the reviews and realized that I made a mistake and that it should be used after shower, before toweling. I used that method on my face just to test it out and my face was incredibly smooth after I wiped the oil off with a hot towel. I applied Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel to secure the moisture and my face felt great! I paid $7 CAD for 414ml. I'm going to be using this after shower everyday from now on.

on 5/17/2010 9:31:00 AM

I had been using jojoba oil to remove my make-up but it's a little pricey. I read the reviews here on MUA and decided to try this baby oil as a cheaper alternative. I had been using it for about a week and noticed a rash-like break-out over my entire face. My sister-in-law kept asking if I was using a new detergent or something but it didn't even register that it might be this baby oil...until I went home and was going to clean off my make-up with it. I then realized it must be the baby oil making me break-out.

It took about four days of not using it and my face is almost back to normal with the rash pretty much all gone! I actually realized I don't need any oil to remove my make-up and just make sure I cleanse thoroughly with my regular face wash! Annoying lesson to learn but it appears to work really well for some...

on 5/13/2010 4:03:00 PM

I use this every day - except I buy the generic mineral oil so I don't get that baby oil scent.

I mix about two quarters worth with my daily moisturizer and slather it on while my skin is still damp and it gives me soft velvety skin - plus it prolongs the life of my moisturizer because I don't need to use as much.

Popular Body Skincare Products