September 30, 2014 | 1354 users online

Fragrances - Calvin Klein - Obsession

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2006 4:51:00 PM More reviews by DollyDagger

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wore Obsession about when it first came out, about 17 years ago. It was very pretty & had alot of positive feedback, especially from men. Now the trend has moved towards sugary, fruity, or foody smells. To me, I don't want to smell like a bakery or candy store. I still like the fragrances from the past better than today's scents. I don't care if they're called "outdated" or whatever labels some women attach to them. I like to smell like an adult female, not a little girl, that doesn't mean I like an "old lady" scent. Grow up people!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2006 8:42:00 PM More reviews by djgirl1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to love this stuff, so I would be bad to say I gave it a low rating, but I have not had this in at least 15 or 16 years. Got rid of it in highschool when BBW started flooding our noses with cheap alcohol scented body sprays. Which is more evil. Who knows. If forced, I would pick this is the winter, BBW in the summer. Thankfully, there are other people who sell fragrances now:) (oh yeah, and I am out of jr high/highschool, so I decide for myself what to wear...or maybe the salespeople decide for me...)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2006 2:31:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was 3 years old when this came out in spring of 1985, so of course I never wore it or caught on to the craze. I heard it was very popular and now that no one is wearing it, I got a little bottle in a free gift with purchase of obsession night. Night, I'm in love with that perfume. I'm not giving up on the original though, and will wear it as a nighttime scent or in the fall/winter.
The only thing is, there are so many of those cheap body sprays that imitate obsession, that I will be weary of someone thinking I'm wearing one! I'd be sure to correct them though, but I don't think I'd buy it again unless it was free. NOTE-I have to comment on the reviewer below who said it was "as tacky as wearing panty hose with open toe sandals". Well, I know tons of women who's grandma's still do that, and I don't think you should insult them. Also, I've seen plenty of high fashion designers doing that look down the runway and in magazines(example-prada). You just have to know how to rock it! Leggings were out of style a long time, and now all the celebs are wearing them. lol

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2006 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Pumpkin25

Had enjoyed the scent for a while, but getting tired of it. Something that you can wear in the winter months - but prefer vanilla frangrances now for winter. Wore this one time to work, and co-worker got an immediate headache. Have almost a full bottle in the closet, may give this to my friend since she loves it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2005 10:10:00 PM More reviews by polarpooch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm with the reviewers who STILL love this scent. I avoided wearing it in the 80s (even though it smelled awesome on me), because so many girls were wearing it. Now, in my late 30s, I've found it again. And since NO one is wearing it anymore, I get tons and tons of compliments on it! Am in agreement this is a cool/cold weather scent. I only wear it in the winter and alternate between this, and another favorite of mine, Casmir (which also nets me beaucoup compliments:)). Light hand is a must with this, as most who have tried it know. It's an oriental that can be overpowering. It's certainly not a scent you have to "layer" like some others that fade so fast. And for those of you who think "it's so 80s"...and blast this beautiful, intoxicatingly sexy fragrance, please continue! Better you don't wear it, and let me enjoy the attention:)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2005 8:06:00 AM More reviews by Wustings

I love this perfume. The drydown is warm and musky and very comforting to wear in winter. I get loads of compliments from men when I wear this perfume. I used to wear it in the 80s and only rediscovered it a couple of years ago. Back in the 80s the only problem with it was that so many people wore it and it is definitely not a perfume that suits everyone. It also needs to be applied with a light hand. Not one to wear in summer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2005 3:13:00 PM More reviews by mehnasroom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved this years ago. It is not for me. However it smells fantastic on my aunt. She one of those attractive mature women who really make a statement. She needs a fragrance as strong as she is.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2005 3:52:00 PM More reviews by violite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Obsession has been on the market for a long and I had not yet purchased it, however since I love strong perfumes, I thought I would give it a go. The packaging less and impressive, it looks like those rip-off perfumes that you get in pound shops with names like “Poizon” and “Possession.” The first thing that hits you about the scent is this kind of harsh slightly acidic tang which if you done a few sprays can grate the back of your throat. It does settle down and I found that with my warm body chemistry and very oily skin it fades to a pleasing if overtly musky base scent. However I would not wear it …rather overlay it with something bright and sweet once the tang has worn off. One thing though it does last, I put it on the morning and when I undress at night I can still catch traces. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2005 4:56:00 PM More reviews by LoveAngelMusicBaby

I don't really like strong fragrances but I acctually like this one in really small portions!! Like a tiny drop on the wrist and then rub it in... that way its not so strong but still spicy and nice, especially for winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2005 5:20:00 AM More reviews by mastifluv1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was a hit in its day and a real attention grabber! I loved it back in the late 80's. I think this scent is passe. It's like a song you like and repeat over and over again. Then oneday, you just can't stand the notes. CK Eternity, along with its limited editions, will be around much longer just because it doesn't make such a strong statement.