September 22, 2014 | 2180 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Derianna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i am on my 3rd bottle of my FTE, somehow it gave me clearer and more radiant skin. although this is very pricey, but i think it is worth every peny, as it gives me clear skin, control my break out, and i dont know another replacement product which less pricey but could do its job for clear and radiant skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by alezcia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Started using this essence last year October and somehow help to soothe my skin and control pimples breakout around my T-zone area. I would pour the essence on my hand and spread it onto my face then pat it dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Inyoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the beginning of December 2011.

I didn't start using it until middle-late December.

A brief overview about my skin....I have combination dry skin. My T-Zone was oily (not super oily, but oily enough) and my cheeks were beginning to become super dry. My cheeks were never dry but due to all the products that I've tried and damaged my skin, it had become super dehydrated, no matter what my diet consisted of....and all the liters of water I drank!

When I was a teenager, I had the bad habit of popping my zits or simply touching my face. Now I have a bunch of acne scars on my cheeks, especially my left side. I don't break out very often anymore, except for hormonal acne around my chin, but now I'm more concerned about getting rid of my hyper pigmentation.

Some of the products I have tried: ProActiv, Clinique Acne Solutions 3 Step, regular Clinique 3 Step, MAC skincare, MAC Lightful line (Asia exclusive), Shiseido Brightening Line, DiorSnow (Asia), a bunch of Korean skincare (Etude, innisfree, Skinfood, Laneige, etc), drugstore skin care (Neutrogena, Clean&Clear, Olay...etc). I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of more. Clinique products really messed up my skin, their products made my skin SUPER oily and have dry patches!

SK-II is the most "luxury" brand in Japan. When I went back to Japan for Winter Break, and my brother had forgotten my bag with my skincare (DiorSnow), I had to get skincare! I went to the nearby shopping center and headed to SK-II, as I was always curious about it.

....and I'm SO glad I did.

I was beginning to lose hope that there was any line that would actually work for me. I went to the dermatologist and she set me on Cetaphil and Retinol cream....which did nothing for me. It didn't even make me PEEL or feel even more dry than I was! I even went on antibiotics, and that probably just lowered the efficiency of my immune systems....

Anyways, onto the product! The smell might be annoying for some people, but I like the smell! You get used to it once you use it. After you cleanse and use your toner, get a dime size amount on your palm and rub it between your hands then gently pat it onto your face, slapping it gently to get the skin going to absorb it. After the first time I had used the product, my face had never looked so bright (THE FIRST TIME!) and felt so soft.

I can ramble on about this product for AGES, but I definitely think that if you can afford it (even if it is the travel size) then try it. The worst that can happen is that it won't work for you and you can return it and get your money back. I'm a student and I know this can be super expensive, especially with this economy, but again....I've been looking for something that can clear up my skin...slowly but surely! I've been using it for two months, and I really do see results!!! More than any of the other products I have used.
I definitely recommend this.......despite the price tag!

I will update when more time passes. Also! I recommend when you go to the store/SK-II counter, try out the computer that takes out a picture of your face so that the SA can tell you about your face! It's amazing!

Edit: I forgot to mention that my face is not as oily as it once was. That is one of the benefits of using this product out too! (: It controls your sebum....IT REALLY DOES!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by helethea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have mixed reviews about this product. When i first tried this, i was in my early twenties and i supposed it was too rich and my face broke out with tiny red bumps. Now that im in my early thirties and my skin is alot drier, it helps to keep it moisturised. Whilst ive seen many of my friends using this and indeed their skin became amazingly smooth and clear like that of a peeled boiled egg, I'm already on my third bottle and i still dont have any of those results. Am i using it the wrong way?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 6:23:00 AM More reviews by t0m29

after im read all review, i was decide to buy this product 2day ago.. the result after use the FTE my skin feel more clear, luminous and soft. and keeping my skin not to oily, i dont know these can reduce my acne. lets see after 2 week, i will give the latest news

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by ptolemit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best toner I've ever tried. I use this along with clear toner and a serum and works perfectly fine. I'm on a look out of a moisturizer, got Timezone samples, and been using it but not perfectly satisfied though. Overall, this makes my skin clear and soft, no more dullness!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by mariaNj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not worth the price or the name! It hasn't done anything for my very oily, acne prone skin. I just use it as a light moisturizer at night now. I also have started to get white heads on my chin and lower cheeks which I am wondering is due to this product. I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by APD

My news years resolution this year was to improve my skin – I purchased a range of SKII products and have committed to using them daily for a few months. See my thoughts so far below.

First some background, my skin type is normal to combination, generally it's pretty good. My concerns are – constant redness on my cheeks, many visible pores (black heads) on my nose which I have never been able to shift, every few weeks I get some white heads coming through on my forehead and chin area and general skin tone unevenness. In the past I have used all sorts of products most recently Clarins and Algologie but I have been thinking about SKII for some time now and decided it was time to give it a go!

I purchased the following products which I have now been using daily since Jan 1 – Facial Treatment Essence, Skin Signature (day) moisturiser, Facial Treatment Clear Lotion, Facial Treatment Gentle Cleaner (tube) and the Facial Cleansing Gel (pot).

I bought the two cleaners as the sales assistant suggested I should use the Gel at night to remove make up and the Gentle cleaner in the morning as it's more gentle (and it smells really nice and rosey). However, I have not been using the tube cleaner recently as I don’t like the way it feels on my skin – my skin feels to 'squeaky clean' and a bit dry after using it (which is strange as its supposed to be the more gentle of the two). On the other hand I LOVE the Gel cleanser, which does not leave my skin with this feeling, it feels beautiful and silky on my skin so I've been using this day and night.

All other products have been great so far – While I still have the same pores on my nose, my skin looked really great during week 2.

Now its week 3 and we've had a few really hot days in a row and I had some pimples come through on my forehead and chin.

Overall, I'm very happy with the range so far but am looking forward to continuing to monitor my skins progress over the next few weeks with the products. It is very expensive and I want to see some serious results if I'm going to purchase again.

I love searching this site for others thoughts and reviews – if anyone is interested, I'll continue to post my progress with the range over the next few months!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by angelababyT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i put 2 for my review product when i know i would not purchase it again but i don't hate it. I wanted to try this product as advert and reviews were all around about how wonderful SKII was. I have used it for 6 weeks, day and night after cleansing. I don't mind the gentle smell but besides that I did not see any effects to my skin. I felt it was like another toner , nothing obviously special but saying so, personally I never noticed anything good about toner, sometimes I could leave it out without noticing any differences. May be its just me, so good that it work for others.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by karina54

I regret using this product. After using it for 2 months, my skin became very sensitive. I got breakout and I stopped this product. After that, whatever products I tried made my skin breakout. Now I'm using acne treatment from my doctor :(