July 24, 2014 | 1600 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by faithybee

This is perfect for summer makeup or when you want a nice dewy light coverage. I was wary of trying this as water based but so glad I tried it! I brought larger size for £22 as seemed better value really. I have oily t-zone but to my surprise even on hotter days this foundation stays put. I wouldn't say that it's particularly buildable so if you're looking to cover anything severe up this isn't for you. My main pro of this product is the dewyness and how breathable and light it feels on skin. Main con is the transfer! I find this problem with all my mac foundations but this one in particular is the worst! Even with transparent finishing powder, still a problem. Also even with a primer I found that it doesn't stay put all day. I'm not one for reapplying or touching up throughout the day though and my skin is mildly oily but with a primer I get about 6-8 hours of reasonable wear which I'm happy with. I apply with stippling brush, as quite a wet product, and wait around 5 minutes before continuing with the rest of my makeup. I have this in shade C6 which is a perfect match for me normally NW45-ish. I'm interested to see how it fares in colder weather too...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation. I feel like this looks like my skin but glowy and even. I'm around NC30 and I use c3. Great match! Staying power is pretty good. I must note that I typically have oily skin but I'm on accutane so my skin is on dry side. I still moisturize and use a primer before I apply the foundation. Also, I like how this photographs. Makes my skin look fresh and dewy.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by LuluHatesMilk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this foundation in C4. i had to write a review because i think people buy this foundation not being fully aware of what its meant for. i have oily/combo skin, not acne prone and need little coverage. since this foundation is water based it does separate a bit, so shake before applying. It was create for light AND build able coverage. for light coverage shake bottle then apply to the face with a brush (sponge will absorb water based foundations.) for heavier coverage take the foundation and warm it up between your fingers and it will thicken , the longer you warm it up, the more it will thicken. stay away from this product if you want a heavy coverage. it does leave a dewy finish but powder before applying blush/bronzer after 5-10 mins to avoid cakey-ness. if you have dry skin and usually use a heavy moisturizer try a lighter one under this product because its dewy effect.
i love this foundation even though i have oily skin because it lasts all day with powder and is the perfect shade. it DOES NOT separate around my nose eithier , which i havent found another foundation that doesn't.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by kels1190

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I see where people say that Mac is thick and everything, but I like that out of foundation. I guess it is all in what you preffer. This foundation seems to last most of the day, and I really like it. Little pricey, but Mac just is expensive anyway. I don't mind paying more for something I actually like though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

I find this foundation to be pretty sheer and I'm ok with that. I don't have completely clear skin but I also don't like cakey/mask like foundation especially in the summer. This is a great light foundationand it blends so easlity. On days where I need extra coverage, I add 1 pump of MAC Pro Longwear concealer to 1 drop of face and body and make myself a medium to full coverage foundation. On great skin days I use the foundation alone and spot conceal. I always set my foundation with a powder especially in the summer. For Reference I am a C3 in FNB in all other MAC foundations I am an NC35. When tan (hotter months) I use C5 which is like NC37-NC40.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by KylaMiller

I have tried all different kinda of foundations, both MAC brand and other brand. Most people's complaint for MAC foundations is that it is too thick and 'cakey' I found that MAC's face and body is a GREAT option for people looking for medium coverage. It comes in a bottle and Is usually applied with a brush. I think it's a great deal for $20 dollars and how much product you get (much cheaper than other MAC foundations) I would and have repurchased this many times! Also great for the summer when it's hot out and you only want light coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Erikahasani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

MAC has been one of my favorite make up brands for years, and this foundation was the first thing I ever purchased from MAC. It doesn't provide much coverage, since it's not meant to, but it gives the skin a fresh glow. I used it for a long time with my MAC mineralize skinfinish natural powder, for full coverage and it looks great, but even if used alone it has a slight tightening effect and it stays on all day.
I don't recommend it to anyone with acne-prone, or oily skin since it's very light and might leave the skin shiny and oily.
The price is not bad for a MAC product, and since it's light and doesn't age the skin, I think you should give it a try. It's a foolproof foundation. If you choose the right shade, and if it doesn't work on the face, it will definitely work on the body ;)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by lillyrowan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

In the winter I usually wear a cream foundation that tones down my age spots and ruddiness. In the summer, when I do not want to wear a lot of makeup, I use the MAC Face and Body. It has a light coverage and no it doesn't cover up a lot, even if you layer it. However, it does minimize a good deal of the redness in my face. I use a sun screen and this and am very happy with the end result. It lasts all day and I don't feel like I have a full face of makeup on.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by jaylee78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this foundation, I don't love it though. Pros: non-working, lightweight Cons: doesn't last all day and I don't find it all that buildable

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by xtamaar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i read online that this foundation is good for dry skin who dont need much coverage. so i thought i would give it a try. but i was disapointed. when you first put it on it looks nice but in a few hours it makes my skin dry and it looks like it not there anymore. i tried applying it in a few different ways but it never seems to last.