April 20, 2014 | 1349 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by 10012039

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this foundation in C1. I read plenty of reviews before my bottle came in and it exceeded every expectation I had! It did even out my skin tone and even if I had a lot of patchy areas (I'd just removed my makeup for the day) it still went on like a dream. My skin felt hydrated when I wore it and it dried down to a dewy finish, which did look like bare skin. It also looked good powdered down.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by tkbdk

The best foundation ever!
I used to be that type of girl who bought a new foundation at least once a month and often foundations with too much of a coverage because... I don't know why.
But then I began using the Mac Face and Body and trying out tinted moisturizers because I wanted something less 'heavy'. I find tinted moisturizer a bit annoying because they're, obviously, already a moisturizer and as i prep my skin before applying makeup, my skin is already moisturized which means that my skins gets very... over-moisturized, if you know what I mean.
So, I switched and tried out the MAC foundation and now I do not use any other. This is a light coverage foundation yes. This means that if you need a very high coverage this will not do the trick. However, the coverage is build-able so by applying with fingers (less product is wasted, better for preventing streaks) you can layer the foundation but it will not begin to look caky. This means that you can use it during holiday for just a light wash of something or layer it a bit and set it with powder for a night out. Also, the foundation has no SPF in it. Some might say that is a bad thing because we learn that SPF is good for your skin and all but personally I like to be able myself to decide whether or not I should wear SPF on my skin (basically every foundation out there has SPF in it). Why you ask? SPF causes flashback or at least it makes the face not match the rest of the body on a photo taken with flash which I personally find very unattractive as I do not wish for other people to know that I am wearing makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by RaenaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation. If you are a fan of BB creams or tinted moisturizers you will as well. It's water-based, so less cakey than other foundations since it absorbs into the skin. I would only recommend this product to individuals who need less coverage from a foundation. If you have promblem skin, this isn't for you.

For me, it evens out my skin tone for a natural look without being heavy. Great for summer. Would def repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I know my rating is kind of contridicting to if I would buy this again, but I have a reason. On myself, I do not care for this foundation. For my skin texture, my rosacea, and being combination skinned, face and body just does not work. It does not cover my redness enough, and I feel like it never sets on my skin, I also get extremely oily throughout the day.

But!

Being a makeup artist, I find this foundation works beautiful in photography and on film. Whenever I have used this on a model and client their skin ends up looking flawless, natural, and beautiful. So i would say if you are a person who has fairly good skin, that normal to dry this is the foundation for you. It really is amazing, just not if you dont have the right skin for it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I like this foundation sometimes. It is great for a sheer to medium coverage. Looks very natural when applied with a beauty blender. However, it can get oily on me throughout the day. Depends on how my skin care and primers react to the foundation. Also, the season of the year can affect whether or not I reach for this foundation. All in all, this is a decent foundation depending on your skin type and what you are looking for.

N2 - not quite right, looks dark and orange on me
C2 - definitely matches when I am wearing self tanner
C3 - looks very yellow and dark on me

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by laurasteph24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

okay so i usually buy drugstore foundations but i felt like i needed something better so i finally came around and went to my local MAC. As soon as i went in i was helped by a MUA and got matched for a foundation. I tried a cream in a compact but it was way too cakey so i asked to try on a liquid foundation. I asked for something natural with medium coverage that works well on dry skin so she gave me the Face and Body to try out. She applied it with a stippling brush and at first its very watery but once you work it into your skin it gets very soft and it has a nice velvety feeling to it, it is super light and you can build it up to get a nice medium coverage without looking cakey. i loved it so i bought it and i kept what she did on all day and honestly by the end of the night it looked just as good as it did when i first applied it. The area around my nose tends to get flakey but it held up very well and my redness did not show through the foundation so that was a plus! i definitely recommend this especially if you are more on the dry side but its perfect for all types because it does not make you oily either considering its water based also if your face is pretty normal with not many blemishes or severe scars it will be perfect because it will cover up just what you need with a natural finish!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by ForeverRed90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My skin: combination (oily t-zone, normal cheeks, dry around chin and mouth) NW 25

What I was looking for: Sheer coverage that covers redness and uneven skin tone while giving a dewy/nataural look.

What I got: N3. It covers my redness and uneveness and gives a dewy look. However, it doesn't last long at all. I had it on for about 6 hours and I couldn't tell any difference from my nataural skin. My redness was obvious again and the clean/dewy look was gone. I wasn't any more oily than I usually am but my face just looked different. I applied it with my fingers because I was too cheap to buy the brush the Mac Artist used. (He used the small round stippling brush. Not sure which number it was. The cost was $35.) When he applied it I loved it.

My sister and I were shopping and while she was looking at clothes in Macys I was distracted by the colorful Mac counter. The artist applied the foundation to half my face and I found my sister. (Before he applied the foundation I was already wearing the oil control lotion and prep + prime nataural radiance primer). I asked her if she could tell a difference in the sides of my face. She said the side with the foundation just looked a little cleaner and fresher but nothing too drastic. I was immediately sold because that's exactly what I was looking for.

I'm going to go buy the Mac brush and see if it makes a difference. If not I'm going to still keep it. I don't hate it but don't think I would waste my money again. I'll save my money for the lotion and primer from Mac that I can't survive without!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Shihr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I JUST bought this foundation today and I am obsessed!
I am in love with the gorgeous dewey finish that it brings.
I feel like it is a little sticky when you first put it on. If you're planning on putting more than one layer on, I suggest letting the product dry first, and then reapplying it.
I am a huge foundation junkie and i only purchase the best kinds. This a perfect foundation for those days that you want to feel natural but also stunning.
I wouldn't recommend this foundation for anyone who has exceptionally oily skin. I have combination/dry skin and even I had to set my foundation with a translucent powder. I could also see this foundation as something more suitable in the summer time and I'd probably go with something full coverage and heavier in the winter.
I would generally say it lasts about 5-8 hours.
I thought that the price was very fair seeing as how most foundations only have 1 oz and this one comes with 1.7 oz for 27 dollars. The large size was tempting. You could get 4 oz for only 33 dollars!
If you've got decent skin and are looking for a light/medium foundation with a gorgeous finish, this is it for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Eleanormary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loooooove this foundation amazing if you want a dewy look. My only problem with it is its very light coverage as its a water based foundation so I have to wear it on top of another foundation. But if you warm it up in your hands it does become thicker. Overall I would rate this a 5/5!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by jcollorafi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everyone was so excited when this hit the counters so I just had to get a sample to try. I have to say, I'm not impressed at all. In fact, I'm disappointed. I applied this with my fingers as instructed. I tried rubbing it into my skin, pressing it into my skin, I even tried stippling it with a synthetic brush. It gave me no coverage at all I was told that the coverage is build-able. Even after a couple of layers, I just felt that the product was thick and sticky but still a sheer coverage. I set it with a Mineralized Skin Finish hoping this would remove the sticky feel but instead made the product look textured on my skin. I tried Fix+ to calm this down. In the end I just removed the product all together. I still have the sample left and will research some tips and/or tricks to make it work. But as of right now, I wouldn't recommend this product.