October 25, 2014 | 948 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by aneezy

I purchased C3 summer 2012 and it was perfect for my Asian tanned skin. Fast forward to present day, i can honestly say you really get your money's worth! I'm not a big fan of layering my skin with a lot of products so a little bit of this goes a long way. The water based consistency is what i love the most because my skin is super dry and sometimes when i'm too lazy to put moisturizer first, this foundation works just fine (plus concealer for my under eyes, of course). The coverage is very light so if you're looking for a heavy duty make up, this is not for you.
Right now my skin isn't as tanned as i was in the summer, so i mix a little bit of this with my L'occitane bb cream in light (good for beige and pink undertone, both of which im not) to achieve the yellow-ness in my skin

However, I don't recommend this for those with oily skin and/or if you prefer a matte finish. I also don't recommend layering Face and Body with a setting powder, especially for dry skin, it just ends up looking flaky. Leave it as it is!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by cssalgueiro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation but don't find it to be to everyone. Firstly you have to have decent skin to wear it as it doesn't cover blemishes or dark circles very well. You can layer it and it does cover more (I always appply two layers) but I find there's a limit to doing this. I would say this had light to medium coverage. So this is a foundation I only wear when I feel good about my skin.
The other thing is that this it is very dewy so if you don't powder it a little bit you'll be oily in no time, specially if the weather is humid. I have normal to combination skin and usually powder it with Mac prep and prime powder and I still get a little bit oily at the end of the day. It's nothing major but I would imagine it being a lot worse on oily skin. Having said this, if you apply a stronger matifying powder like mac blot powder, it should hold much better and someone with oily skin could probably get away with this.

The pro is that even with a bit of powder my skin looks like satin and you get this really beautiful glow. I think it's a special product, really good for the summer, VERY invisible and looks really natural, but not for everyone.
The only way you could know for sure is to try it and wear it for a day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by saylorsoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a foundation dramatically different to any other you will try-- the consistency is something you will have to get used to. Face & Body is water-based and therefore is the runniest foundation I have ever used in my life. When I squirt out the product onto my hand prior to application, if my hand is at a tilt, it will run down my hand and drip on my clothes/the floor.

If the consistency doesn't bother you, it is a wonderful, natural foundation. This foundation doesn't cover much at all, but it is perfect for evening out your skin tone without looking like you have pounds of makeup on.

For reference, I wear this with concealer and MAC's Mineralized Skinfinish Natural on top to conceal further and make it appear less oily. Yes, without a setting powder, this foundation does tend to look a little oily. In fact, even with the setting powder, my skin still has a very "glowing" look to it. This doesn't bother me, but oily skin tones, beware!

In my opinion, the only foundations worth it from mac are this one and the Skinfinish Natural; both of them I use on a daily basis. These are my own opinions as I do not care for heavy foundation in any respects. If you do care for a more full coverage look, I would ask the MAC Makeup Artists or look at another brand.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Jamieflan1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok there are a few things I really like and dislike about the product:Pros: Good value for the price, its about $30, but the bottle is really huge! Buildable coverage, wide variety of colors. It gives off a sheer and dewy, natural looking finish. Kind of like a tinted moisturizer. It didn't clog my pores or cause a breakout. Cons: texture is a little bit runny, but thats probably why it never feels cakey. The bottle has a crap design. The plastic looks cheap and design is poor.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Pseudonormic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've tried so many foundations and bb creams, it's not funny. I've been in search of a foundation that doesn't look like I have any make up on. After reading the reviews, I was pretty skeptical but I went down to the mac counter and bought one anyway. A$50 for a 50ml, why not? The results were fantastic!!! The mac SA applied it with a brush and it ended up looking cakey and thick, I must say I was disappointed. However, upon returning home. I wiped it all off and used lioele bb dollish in green as a makeup base (tiny dot applied all over my face), then 3x pearl sized drops of mac f&b (forehead and both cheeks). I apply each section of my face with my fingers and blend until it becomes tacky. Then I spot conceal, apply blush and I'm done. People at work think I have good skin. I don't. My skin tone is so uneven it's not funny. This evens out my skin tone and it looks perfect! I also have allergies so mid day, my makeup around my nose, cheeks and chin have all but left my face. Mac f&b doesn't lift the makeup off my face and onto the tissue. I love it!!!! I will repurchase again. Oh, because it's non-transferable, using regular face wash won't remove it. I use ponds cold cream to clean it off then wash with facial cleanser. It's the trick NOT to end up with breakouts. This stuff isn't easy to clean off hence some girls end up with pimples & clogged pores. I'm 35 but using this, people still think I'm in my early twenties because it makes my skin look young and fresh!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Beyzzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is a marvelous product for dry skins. I wanted to use some light coverage product to use with my oily face and tried this one. It was my mistake, it just slowly slides of from my face after half an hour but I am currently trying to find a primer to use with and a powder to set it. I will update this if I find a match.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by skinjazz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This contains orange essential oil, a known photo-sensitizer. This has wreaked havoc with my pigmentation and freckles! It may be a lovely natural looking foundation, but if you have pigmentation of any kind, I'd give this a wide berth.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by wysiwyg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation.

For reference, I'm fair/cool (N2 in this foundation), VERY dry skin, allergic to all those promise-making broad spectrum sunscreens many manufacturers want to put in foundation these days. We're talking a serious, itchy red rash (avobenzone, octinoxate, oxybenzone, . . .).

What I look for -- pretty sheer, very natural, dewy, staying power. I've been cycling through many brands and products -- hair, face, cosmetics, body - for the past year to adapt to the curve balls that aging is throwing my way. I've been using MAC Face and Body Foundation for nearly a year now and can confidently tell you that it delivers.

My routine is to cleanse, moisturize, apply eye cream, then apply this. As I said, pretty sheer, very natural, dewy finish, lasts all say. It's VERY runny, so the eyedropper bottle on MAC's part was genius. I've got a little (1/2 oz?) eyedropper bottle full for travel.

Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

If I'm lookin for a very light foundation this is what I reach for. It doesn't cover up old blemish marks but it does lightly even out my skintone. I think this foundation is perfect for those who have near to flawless skin.

I'm an NC25- NC30 and this is about a C3 in mac face and body.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Fiache

I got this in C6 and I'm a NC37-NC42. I got dry/normal skin and live in a humid environment.
I don't really bother to much about this foundation on my makeup counter. I feel like it lacks the pigmentation that I like in foundations. It feels more like a tinted moisturizer.
The shade is great for me though, it works from when I'm NC37 to a NC42, and I adjust it with the help of my bronzer. It gives a dewy-satin finish and offers sheer-medium coverage. I'm not the kind of person who would put 2 layers of foundation on my face, so I can't tell you if the coverage is buildable or not. I will try it, just to find out for you guys.
It is very natural looking and doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I last me for a couple of hours but I do need a powder on hand to take away the shine that eventually peeks through.
I would not recommend this to anyone who needs to cover scars, acne or dark spots etc. It's just to sheer for that. The texture is really runny and I apply it with my Elf flat top brush. It needs to be worked into the skin and you really need to buff it in properly. The liquid thickens the more you work with it. It has sort of a "goopy" feeling to it, hard to explain.
On a "go send a letter, lazy day off day" or "I don't feel like wearing a lot of makeup today" I would slatter this on, but it's def not my go to foundation.

It comes in a plastic bottle with screw top pointy lid which makes it very hygienic.
It will last me a lifetime cause I got the big bottle which made it so much more affordable, 120 ml for 35 $.

I would not repurchase if I finished it up. I think there are better foundations out there to be found!