September 18, 2014 | 1769 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by dreanicoley

I have tried two face primers in my life and this was one of them... Both broke me out horribly! Its such a shame too bc it honestly feels so silky and smooth going on. My face felt and looked like baby skin! However, I had a horrid reaction. I'm sure its fantastic for some but my stupid sensitive skin hated it. I love smashbox tinted moisture, so it must be some ingredient in the primer :(

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by bambigirl0512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't really like this primer despite all the good reviews. I felt like it just sat on my skin and did nothing. My foundation slid off my face, even after allowing the primer dry. I tried powder foundation over it too, and it didn't blend into my skin at all. This might have worked for others, but definitely not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by jennaxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a nice light primer. I used a sample which lasted me two days. I used it after Clinique DDML and before Pur Minerals 4-in-1.
Pros: It went on nice and smooth, felt light, and mattified my skin instantly and controlled shine throughout the day. It made my foundation apply more evenly. No blemishes resulted.
Cons: It made my skin look a bit dull and pale. I don't think it's very compatible with mineral makeup. I also got a minor eczema-like rash on my temple.
If I were to switch to a liquid foundation or one that was not mineral-based, I would be open to trying this primer again. But I'm a very avid mineral user so this primer doesn't fit in with my routine! The rash also concerned me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by KelliaC

Unfortunately, this broke me out on my forehead really badly. The first times it I used it, it was fine, but the longer I used this product, the more my skin started reacting to it. It started off with a light rash like reaction, then I got 2 huge pimples on my forehead. It's such a great product, it pains me to see it doesn't work with my skin. It contains Vitamin C, antioxidants, is water based, and tons of other beneficial ingredients. I originally would have given this a 5 lippie, but since I broke out, I'm giving it a 2 lippie. I didn't downgrade it to 1, since it contains such amazing ingredients. What a shame. This could have been my HG primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by MellieTwinkleToes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this might be expensive BUT omg you do not use alot and i have been using it for a month and you cant even tell its gone down.

it makes your skin so smooth, evens out everything and its the perfect base for foundation.
i love this stuff,it does go on maybe oily but leave it couple mins and its fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by beccanecka

I LOVE this primer! I've tried other ones and they just don't compare. When you apply this it makes your face feel so silky and smooth. I love how lightweight it is! The fact that it doesn't feel like i'm caking a bunch of stuff on my face, is wonderful. I normally use 2-3 pumps on my face/neck. It seriously makes your makeup last all day. I use liquid foundation and then set it with a pressed powder. It works wonders. If you apply some moisturizer about 3 minutes before you apply the primer it helps your face feel very fresh. All in all, I am VERY pleased with this product. I'd recommend to anyone. Got it for Christmas & I still have half left. 3 months later. A++!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by TheMostCake

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried a lot of different primers and I do occasionally use others because I like to experiment with skincare and makeup, however- Smashbox Photo Finish Light is my favorite primer. It does not feel heavy on my skin. It makes makeup application faster, easier, and smoother. It allows me to use far less foundation than without it. It works well with both powder and liquid foundations. It makes my makeup last and last- very little touching up is neccessary throughout the day. It controls oil- not completely, but it reduces oily breakthrough greatly. I have applied the light primer to one side of my face, and the regular Photo Finish to the other, as an experiment to decide which is better. The results performance wise were identical. However, the regular primer feels heavier and is harder to apply. My vote is for Photo Finish LIGHT.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by drbenzene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using a primer because I realized I was touching up my make up every afternoon. After reading the rave reviews on Smashbox's Photofinish Primer, I headed to my local Ulta only to find it sold out. I instead purchased the "Light" version and I'm really glad I did! It works wonders underneath my Bare Minerals foundation and I don't have to reapply my make up anymore!! I love the matte feeling, not to mention its really lightweight. I prefer the texture of this "Light" version to the original, which feels greasy IMO. I have sensitive skin but am susceptible to breakouts and this hasn't caused any skin problems. I love it, will definitely purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by marie1edwards

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Definitely noticed a difference in oil control. Without this primer, I need to blot less than an hour after after I finish my make-up. With this, I can go for about 4-7 hours, depending on the weather. I also appreciate that it's good for my skin because it has no parabens or yucky ingredients I wouldn't want in my pores. When I take my make-up off, I've noticed my skin is much softer and smoother in texture. I'm assuming this is due to the barrier it provides b/w my skin and my make-up, which is not paraben-free, sadly.

Obviously, the price is kind of ridiculous, especially for a poor college kid like myself. Nonetheless, I will continue to repurchase since I've seen major results. Hopefully one day I'll find something a bit more reasonably priced...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by MelissaH35

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was a bit sceptical about trying this primer as not alot of people give it a good review..so glad i tried it!! I love this primer!! So light and glides on so smooth but makes my make up last all day!! I use estee lauder double wear and it makes it look flawless..so impressed the only thing i would say is that it is a bit pricey however a tiny little sample pot loasted me about 2 weeks and could have lasted longer if I hadnt used it showing my friends how amazing this is! love love love