October 24, 2014 | 1635 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea butter

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by kgreene938

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells okay, goes in okay, but lasts for like 3 minutes on me, literally. I switched to Curel Continuous Comfort Fragrance-Free and I am in love. This is like the lame boyfriend you're not ashamed you dated, exactly, but if you see him at a party you're at with a new guy, you'll downplay your relationship a lot, you know?It was okay, but you've found so much better than the fact that you were once satisfied is a little sad.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by gocats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This lotion has done a great job keeping my legs moisturized during the winter. I think that most shea butter products are overrated, but this seems to work. The scent is kind of weird, almost like a coconut suntan product, but it evaporates pretty quickly.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by microcrush

This moisturises moderately, sinks in pretty fast into my skin without leaving me feeling greasy and oily. I have mixed feelings about the scent though, it has a sour hint to it that doesnt go well when you perspire...however on other days its leaves a subtle vanilla smell to your skin. My sister gags whenever i put it on myself though haha!

In conclusion, average moisturising effect with a smell that you'll either like or dont like.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by alishamaria

This is a nice everyday body lotion. It smells sort of like oatmeal cookies, but the smell doesn't linger too long after which is nice. It soaks into the skin pretty quickly and is not greasy. I find it gives average moisture, if you have very dry skin, you may need something heavier. The price is unbeatible for the bottle you get, and the pump is nice esp. when you are applying this all over, it makes it a bit easier. I will probably buy this again someday, but since I am a product junkie I will probably try other lotions for a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2008 12:17:00 AM More reviews by mabethg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved the Oatmeal & Shea Butter body wash, so I decided to try this too. The packaging has a pump bottle, so it's really convenient to use. The lotion sinks in fast, doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy, and moisturizes well. For some reason, I feel like the body wash smells a little better, even though they're the same scent? I know it sounds weird, haha. But this lotion has an okay scent. It goes away after a while. I've been using this everyday, and I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2008 10:10:00 PM More reviews by FlowerPunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before this lotion, I was using Cetaphil but trying to find something that was cheaper yet just as moisturizing. I found that in Oatmeal and Shea Butter. I haven't tried other lotions from St. Ives because why fix what isn't broken? : P I love the smell too, nice and vanilla-y but doesn't linger too long. I use it right after I get out of the shower (using the complementary body wash) when my skin is the driest. It keeps me feeling moisturized just as long as Cetaphil does-- HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely, yummy, am a St. Ives fan from way back. Originally bought them for the European quality and non-animal testing, and am pleased at the range of new stuff they have. Miss the shampoos though!
This new lotion is creamy and rich - you can feel the shea butter! - melts in quickly and leaves really soft skin. Lovely warm scent that won't clash with perfumes in a huge pump bottle for $7. Top marks again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2008 3:36:00 AM More reviews by cheekypig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter cream is simply gorgeous! I absolutely adore the rich, sweet smell - but it's not overpowering - and the way it leaves my skin so soft and smooth. It sinks in easily without leaving a greasy residue. Best of all, it is soo cheap for the huge bottle that will last you ages! This is definitely replacing my favourite body cream at the moment (the very pricey Body Shop Brazil Nut Butter)
Will definitely repurchase once I run out of this gorgeous lotion - not anytime soon though! Love it! <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 1:14:00 AM More reviews by lavenderfleur

This is a great moisturizer. It leaves my skin nice and soft without leaving a greasy residue. It sinks right in. The smell is nice as well. Would definitely purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by kickyouonce

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is really great -- I use this after my shower before I dry off. Very reasonably priced, too, as is the whole line, really. Highly recommended.