Lemon Juice

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

5% to 6% (approximately 0.3 M) citric acid, Vitamin C, pH 2 to 3

I love using lemon juice, I have typical teenage skin, although not too bad, and lemon juice just makes my spots go down over night! I read this on makeup alley about 2 months ago and Ive been using lemon juice very night ever since. Its the best treatment I can recommend for your skin, it makes it so so soft, and lemons are cheap. I love how it has that natural feel about it being a fruit and all.
I cant recommend it enough especially for spot prone skin,
Sometimes it can sting because it's so acidy but thats totally weighed out by the good stuff, go get lemons!

well, after reading the rave reviews of lemon juice, i went out to get a bottled version. The first few nights of this seemed to work, but it actually INFLAMED the little flesh colored bumps on my forehead and now they're even more visible than before. I may return to this after i've gotten my skin under control, but for now i'm gonna start using my Alba toner again.

EDIT: so it's about 3 weeks since i've started using this daily, and i really do like it. The pimples on my forehead cleared up eventually, and now my skin feels super soft and more even toned. I have changed the way that i used lemon juice though, and i find that this new method is way more effective.

After cleansing my face, i put some lemon juice on a cotton ball and use it as an overall toner. Before it dries completely, i put on moisturizer and let everything dry. The moisturizer relievess the stinging sensation immediately! If i have any huge blemishes, i'll go back and spot treat using a q-tip. This has helped tremendously in clearing up my skin. It hasn't completely stopped my breakouts, since i still get new pimples every other day or so, but it draws out the whitehead and helps it mend faster.

I don't think it helps all that much with scarring...but i do see a little bit of a difference.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

edit: after two uses, this has now faded into oblivion, a scar from hot oil (cooking related obviously) that i've had for over a year on my hand, i've tried all sorts of things on this scar including creams, serums, and rose hip oil. THIS is the only thing that worked, and so fast! i had diluted the lemon juice with a bit of aloe vera gel and honey and left it on overnight.

---
edit: i make a fresh batch quickly at night now. a bit of lemon juice, a bit of honey, a bit of aloe vera gel, a bit of milk, all mixed together, applied like a watery lotion or serum. let dry and apply night cream on top. no more irritation.
Just a couple of drops mixed in with my night moisturizer is what I do. Wash off in morning. The moisturizer helps dilute it, distribute it evenly across the skin, and counter the drying effect.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a large lemon tree in my back yard and I was so excited this past season when they were ripe because I heard such good things about lemon juice toner. It worked really really well! I have mild-moderate adult acne and I'm very picky about what I put on my face. Natural ingredients (except oil) seem to work well with my skin. Lemon juice kinda stings my face, but it's totally worth it; I can feel it cleaning out my pores. I leave it on for about 20-30 minutes, then rinse. My face feels refreshed and squeaky clean afterwards. And it's so cheap! Love it! Maybe I'll mix it with witch hazel (my other favorite natural product) next time!

Lemon Juice is my HG!!! I don't think there is another product I have ever tried as a facial cleanser/toner that I love this much! No need to go out and pay for expensive products when lemon juice does more than an amazing job. Use lemon juice with salt for oily skin or lemon juice with sugar for dry skin and you will be able to see the results RIGHT AWAY!!! After I end my routine with a mint julep mask and I'm all set with flawless fresh looking skin! <3

the first time i use lemon juice when my aunt who
has an amazing skin recomended it . she said lemon will help you get
red of rough skin & get back you real skin she was righ but I complained that lemon juice really sting when you apply it
for a while , However I found a trick to get the more benifet of lemon
with no sting. the trick is to add some other good ingredients for
lemon juce so I simply add powder milk & a couple of water
drops the result was amazing soft , fresh& clearer skin

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very good for acne. Make sure to use a moisturizer!

Wow! Lemon juice changed my skin in a matter of one week. I had three zits that would just not go away for months. Now, I am not someone who has horrible acne, just the occasional zit around the time of my period. But in the matter of 3 days, after putting lemon juice on my face, my skin has greatly improved. My skin looks brighter, more toned, and I currently have no zits. Right now lemon juice and a good moisturizer is my everyday face routine and I intend to keep it this way! :]

Oh wow!after having so much success with vitamin c and yoghurt after learning this here, i decided to try using lemon juice.. I just bought the concentrate out of a yellow bottle for this, put some on a cotton pad and ran it over my face-it did sting a bit, but no pain or itchiness...
then all of a sudden, my face started bleeding (!) in two spots on my chin!! they were clogged pores, but ouch, i should have diluted this!
I will try this again some other time, maybe in a mask or diluted-but first i have to let the two spots/wounds heal... I was hoping for the lemon to diminish some light scars on my cheek, but duh!!

..what has worked great for me are full fat yoghurt as a mask and sometimes as a cleanser-love that, and products with vitamin c <3

I love lemon juice! I made a toner out of it with witch hazel and some water, it works wonders. I use fresh lemons and after im done squeezing them, I take the lemon and rub it all over my face like im washing it (throw some sugar on the lemon, rub in circular motions and viola you have a sugar scrub) I find that it works awesome and really clears up my skin and makes it less oily. Plus i feel like im not using all these harsh chemicals on my face.

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products