October 25, 2014 | 1646 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Midnight Poison [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2007 3:12:00 PM More reviews by MissTwidge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this as Hypnotic Poison is my everyday perfume, and reveiwers had compared this to Thierry Mugler "Angel", which is another favorite of mine.
    Sadly, at first whiff I was transported to my grandmother's funeral- powdery, old lady-ish, and just depressing. After a few hours, Midnight Poison dried down to a bad imitation of Narciso Rodriguez.
    Very disappointed...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 9:12:00 PM More reviews by cupcakes1

ok, This is it! this fragrance is absolutely beautiful! it resembles Angel by Thierry Mugler. but not as strong, it is as it's name implies. For me it's sexy, alluring & mysterious - my husband co-workers & friends even strangers on the street absolutely love this scent. I hope they make body products for this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2007 6:45:00 AM More reviews by cavewoman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty sure that we will see most of these reviews comparing Dior Midnight Poison to Angel (Mugler) and Nuits De NoHo (Bond.) That is my own first impression of Midnight Poison, too. I don't like Angel and I don't wear it. But I love Nuits De NoHo. I can't explain it. Notes for Dior Midnight Poison are: mandarin, bergamot, rose, amber, patchouli, and vanilla. This is the second fragrance I've found in the last few days that includes rose, amber, and patchouli in the notes. (The first, which I have reviewed, is the new Emporio Armani Diamonds.) I've loved rose-patch in Rose Barbare (Guerlain) and was eager to try the Dior. They bear no similarity. In Midnight Poison, sniff fast to get any of the mandarin and bergamot. This scent runs a marathon to get to the base notes. The patchouli and vanilla keep the amber from becoming too powdery, and the amber holds back the patchouli from becoming 60's hippie-headshop. I think that if I'm wanting to wear this type of scent, I'd reach for Nuits De NoHo first. This Dior is going back to Sephora.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2007 6:22:00 PM More reviews by love1204

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, all of you Poison/Hypnotic Poison/Dune/Addict fans....RUN, do not walk to your nearest Sephora and buy this new scent. It's in the most gorgeous midnight blue bottle (same shape and style as all Poison bottles). I'm only disappointed that there is not a body cream yet. The scent is so sultry and sexy. Notes listed on Sephora are: Mandarin, Bergamot, Rose, Amber, Patchouli, Vanilla. I could not stop smelling myself!! Plus, it's an EDP, so it's strong and has some staying power!

22 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No