April 17, 2014 | 1913 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Indianwood

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by triciazohn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very pretty bronzy color that I bet looks best on fair/medium ladies. It is not a very deep color. I like it as just an eyeshadow with my hazel eyes - but never without liner. There is a faintly orange color to the bronze that needs to be balanced with eyeliner. I thought I would use it as a base for other looks - but I haven't found the right combo for that. I will keep experimenting. For the time being, Indianwood has earned a place in my "five minute face" collection of makeup that I can throw on when I am not doing a complete eye look or a "full face". That usually means on my way to my son's lacrosse game. I usually enjoy doing a more complete eye.
About paint pots - love the texture, blendability, staying power. They don't replace paints, in my opinion, but are a nice addition to the MAC line. I would consider other paint pot colors, but I wasn't "drawn" to the other currently available.
Me - 44, auburn/hazel, fair/medium, C3-C4

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2007 8:56:00 AM More reviews by charb3

Nice deep golden color that really emphasizes my green/hazel eyes. Paint Pots Rock!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2007 12:14:00 AM More reviews by daisy888

Soooo pretty... i generally dislike bronzey colours, but this one is gorgeous. someone else described this as a coppery bronze colour, and i'd say this is dead on. It goes on great, can be blended with powder shadows and covers nicely, unlike cream shadows from some other brands. There is a lot of product for the price, and while i'd likely buy this again, it will be a while before this runs out. I highly recommend this and think it would look pretty on just about anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2007 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Cho1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Pretty pretty pretty! This is an awesome bronzey gold brown, goes on very smoothly (I apply with an un-used concealer brush I had lying around), richly, and lasts all day long. Even after I wash my face sometimes I can still see some on my lids, unlike the Liquidlast liners tho, lol, you can actually get this off still. I can wear this with greens, golds and browns, or even alone. I can definitely see myself using this up, and repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2007 6:11:00 AM More reviews by mjacqueline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wondered why I hesitated buying paint pots. They are fantastic. The texture is buttery soft and simple glides onto eyelids. You can use Indianwood on its own. Its a lovely bronze gold colour. When layered with Woodwinked, its beautiful. I have extremely oily lids and this did not crease on me. I put UDPP under it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2007 6:48:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous and amazing, two words that came to mind when I first saw and applied this Paint Pot. Gorgeous shimmery coppery-bronze color, amazing texture and wear. As with the other ones, it applies and wears like a dream and is very flattering. Easily one of the best in the collection IMO. I absolutely love Painterly, thank you MAC for finally bringing out a non-LE collection with so many great shades. I have three and will probably end up getting them all one day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by pinky33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like these paint pots a LOT!!! I bough Rubenesque first and loved it so much I went back and got Groundwork and Indianwood. (I had the light green one too but I returned it because it clashed with my eyecolor.) I'm wearing Indianwood today and it's great for warming up my NW20 skin and this color really makes my green eyes pop! It's just a gorgeous bronzey color but not too dark. I put this on from lashline to crease and then I used naked lunch to blend from the crease up to browbone and then I put rose blanc on my eyelid concentrating in the middle. Voilá! Perfect!
These don't crease either which is why I went back for more. So glad they are NOT LE. And can't wait for more colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2007 3:14:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This imparts a gorgeous, bronzy glow to my eyelids. It also lasts fairly well on my oily lids, though I can't really layer it with any dry eyeshadows. I dropped the pot on the floor and was surprised how sturdy the pot was. There are some good colors to choose from, but personally I possess some variation of all of them. Indianwood was the only one that stood out for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2007 6:59:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

This was the perfect color for the "warm up my face" project. (It has practically taken a face transplant, so high marks already). Indianwood looks like dulce de leche in the generously-sized jar. On my eyes, it is a dark goldenrod-ish antique bronze-gold metallic shimmer-sheen. I also swear it flashes peach, or maybe that's skin showing through. At first I thought it was simultaneously too boring and too Diana Ross, but it really grew on me. Very warm, but not intrusive, and it layers well - sort of (more on that). It really draws you into my eyes, opens up my face and gives me a warm glow when used lightly and carefully. Staying power, however, did not transport me.

The layering is crazy - put on thick the cream is a rough, burnished glittery bronze, JUST like a J'adore ad; but it blends all the way down to a very thin shimmery glow, I swear it's peachy-goldenrod. The texture is sort of wack. It is very dry, like spray-on powder tanner dry. It coats your skin thinly and shows every line, but wears patchy - except for the crease, which is bare immediately. I couldn't blend it evenly from up-close scrutiny. BUT from a little ways away, it's lovely - if you're careful and learn how to work with it to your benefit. This is a consistency you have to be prepared to play with, at least in this shade.

The whole "paint" line seems to have artistic pretensions that are beyond my ken; my craft is still grudgingly retreating from inadequacy. But even used alone as cream eyeshadow this really can be breathtaking, if you're prepared to comply with its demands. Today I lined with Dipdown along the top lid, layered Indianbrown heavy near the lashes, blending up to the eyebrow, then added some Espresso along the lash line to soft-focus it a little. I paired it with a tangerine-pink blush (Melba) and some peachy-pink lip gloss to tone down my lips. It was a gorgeous glow. I know it sounds nuts, but I swear this goes champagne-peach on me in certain lights.

Anyway, I think the fact that bronze works with tangerine and a coral-y peach is testimony to how subtle this shadow can be. And, I guess, what color wheel blasphemies it took to mitigate my God-given Tim Burton pallor. It sounds like Cleopatra, Queen of the Retirement Village, but it was actually pretty subtle. I even got a few compliments.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by kitkatbar2406

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am not sure yet how I feel about this product or what to do with it. The color itself is very pretty & I thought it was the nicest one out of the bunch. The texture reminds me of a MAC Paint combined with a Fluidline. It's soft & creamy but has almost a slightly tacky feel to it once applied to the skin. I first tried to use it as as a base under Woodwinked & Shroom e/s and I wasn't thrilled - looked muddy & it's kind of hard to apply & blend (I think it's the texture). I found it it worked MUCH better alone as an eyeshadow. I really want to like this, but I don't think I would buy it again or in any other colors. It is pretty though (especially in the pot!) and the Indianwood color looks gorgeous on blue eyes.