September 20, 2014 | 1174 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Indianwood

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 12:10:00 AM More reviews by ocelot1

i bought this because i was hoping for a good cream shadow that would not crease on me after 5 minutes.i really liked the color, but the texture sucks. it shows cracks and wrinkles in my eyelids that dont exist without this stuff on (im in my 20's)it goes on patchy and was too dry on when i used udpp, and it creased without it. its difficult to blend too. im returning this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2007 10:24:00 PM More reviews by vmg85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave this a 3 out of 5 overall because it's nothing too scream about. Medium to dark bronze brown shade, kind of muddy looking if you don't apply it right. But it is a nice shade, and with blending and other lighter colors it can look beautiful. I don't think I would buy another paint pot though because of the price, even though a pot would last a long time you would get sick of it by then lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by triciazohn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very pretty bronzy color that I bet looks best on fair/medium ladies. It is not a very deep color. I like it as just an eyeshadow with my hazel eyes - but never without liner. There is a faintly orange color to the bronze that needs to be balanced with eyeliner. I thought I would use it as a base for other looks - but I haven't found the right combo for that. I will keep experimenting. For the time being, Indianwood has earned a place in my "five minute face" collection of makeup that I can throw on when I am not doing a complete eye look or a "full face". That usually means on my way to my son's lacrosse game. I usually enjoy doing a more complete eye.
About paint pots - love the texture, blendability, staying power. They don't replace paints, in my opinion, but are a nice addition to the MAC line. I would consider other paint pot colors, but I wasn't "drawn" to the other currently available.
Me - 44, auburn/hazel, fair/medium, C3-C4

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2007 8:56:00 AM More reviews by charb3

Nice deep golden color that really emphasizes my green/hazel eyes. Paint Pots Rock!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2007 12:14:00 AM More reviews by daisy888

Soooo pretty... i generally dislike bronzey colours, but this one is gorgeous. someone else described this as a coppery bronze colour, and i'd say this is dead on. It goes on great, can be blended with powder shadows and covers nicely, unlike cream shadows from some other brands. There is a lot of product for the price, and while i'd likely buy this again, it will be a while before this runs out. I highly recommend this and think it would look pretty on just about anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2007 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Cho1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Pretty pretty pretty! This is an awesome bronzey gold brown, goes on very smoothly (I apply with an un-used concealer brush I had lying around), richly, and lasts all day long. Even after I wash my face sometimes I can still see some on my lids, unlike the Liquidlast liners tho, lol, you can actually get this off still. I can wear this with greens, golds and browns, or even alone. I can definitely see myself using this up, and repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2007 6:11:00 AM More reviews by mjacqueline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wondered why I hesitated buying paint pots. They are fantastic. The texture is buttery soft and simple glides onto eyelids. You can use Indianwood on its own. Its a lovely bronze gold colour. When layered with Woodwinked, its beautiful. I have extremely oily lids and this did not crease on me. I put UDPP under it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2007 6:48:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous and amazing, two words that came to mind when I first saw and applied this Paint Pot. Gorgeous shimmery coppery-bronze color, amazing texture and wear. As with the other ones, it applies and wears like a dream and is very flattering. Easily one of the best in the collection IMO. I absolutely love Painterly, thank you MAC for finally bringing out a non-LE collection with so many great shades. I have three and will probably end up getting them all one day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by pinky33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like these paint pots a LOT!!! I bough Rubenesque first and loved it so much I went back and got Groundwork and Indianwood. (I had the light green one too but I returned it because it clashed with my eyecolor.) I'm wearing Indianwood today and it's great for warming up my NW20 skin and this color really makes my green eyes pop! It's just a gorgeous bronzey color but not too dark. I put this on from lashline to crease and then I used naked lunch to blend from the crease up to browbone and then I put rose blanc on my eyelid concentrating in the middle. Voilá! Perfect!
These don't crease either which is why I went back for more. So glad they are NOT LE. And can't wait for more colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2007 3:14:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This imparts a gorgeous, bronzy glow to my eyelids. It also lasts fairly well on my oily lids, though I can't really layer it with any dry eyeshadows. I dropped the pot on the floor and was surprised how sturdy the pot was. There are some good colors to choose from, but personally I possess some variation of all of them. Indianwood was the only one that stood out for me.