October 30, 2014 | 1654 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by elgruetz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

For a drug store brand, I find this product to be a great bargain - it goes on smoothly and naturally. I brush it on after I apply my liquid foundation and also throughout the day as necessary. The color looks natural and the finish is very nice. I have tried others, but seem to keep coming back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by SleepyLabRat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best powder I've ever used. I bought it based on the reviews here and I have not been disappointed. It leaves me matte but not parched, minimizing pores without accentuating fine lines. I'm not crazy about the packaging (I carry a retractable kabuki brush with it in my purse), but other than that, this powder is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally a great matte powder. I haven't tried a lot to compare only because I check the ingredients first and it is hard to find one that doesn't have some oat, rice or corn type of powder when I shopped for a matte one. ( have trouble with breakouts with the food-type powders.) This Dream Matte leaves a nice finish and helps some hide my larger pores as well. I don't have to blot as often as I did before using this which is a big plus. My only complaint is the design to the puff holder. The mirror is a waste under the puff because it gets blurry. I hope Maybelline keeps this formula if they ever re-design the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- oil control
    - flawless matte finish

Cons

- no coverage

Comments: This is a sheer pressed powder, so don't expect any coverage front this. I prefer using this for touch ups as it does a fantastic job at controlling oil and making my makeup look just as it did when I first applied it.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by cheliocheerio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS!!!!! I was amazed at how well it works. It doesn't need any blotting or retouching for at least 8 hours. Only con is that it doesn't give much coverage. I just use a concealer for that and everything is all fine and dandy.

The little puff/sponge thing is pretty useless though. I just use MAC's Studio Tech sponge or even the brandless drugstore make-up sponges work better than the little rag thing Dream Matte provides.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by jodiebug22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This a good back up powder. I use it on my super oily skin and it helps keep the oil at bay. Not quite my HG, but one of my "must haves".

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by chocolaterocks12

this is my favorite powder! it keeps me from getting oily during the day without making me look "cakey"

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by 17rosenk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic powder! First of all, I've had it for about 3 months and there is barely a dent in it. And I like ALWAYS shatter my powders (because I'm really clumsy) but this hasn't broken yet! This sets my concealer really well and makes it stay on basically all day at school. Also, i have dry skin and it doesn't make the dry patches more noticeable. It looks really nice on my skin and i just love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by missanonymous168

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first powder I have ever used, and I am so happy I did my research and bought this one. I was scared that using a powder would make me look cakey or fake, this does neither! It makes my foundation look more natural, makes my pores look invisible, makes my make-up last longer, and mattifies my (extremely) oily skin wonderfully! When I look at myself after wearing make up all day, I can hardly tell that I am wearing make-up, and my make-up still looks beautiful. I have no desire to ever use another powder. I use the puff thingy that comes with it, no complaints- it does it's job. The swivel out mirror is really nice. My only complaint is that the packaging is a bit thick, but I think it's worth it because it has the mirror and the product itself works so well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by joxbelle

Slightly hard to get my hands on this in Asia but it is definitely worth it, great oil control and my face didn't shine like crazy like how it used to. It didn't break me out either. Overall, a really really good drug store powder