October 26, 2014 | 1408 users online

Crème - Graftobian - HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I wear Showstopper and that is Olive Beige #3 and I also own Graftobian's Neutral #2 Hi-def Creme Palette as well. I love that the foundation does offer a wonderful array of true tone-matching shades. Also, the foundation does provide good coverage and does look highly natural on the face after application. However, Graftobian's Hi-Def creme foundations do have oils and wax in them. And, as a result, it I do find that the only time that I can wear this foundation on my combination-to-oily skin without having to constantly keep powdering my face is when the weather is cool/cold out.

This product combined with a good oil controlling setting powder over it does provide a very natural, flawless look to one's face. Which is why, I can certainly see why it is used alot for providing a professional makeup look .

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2009 4:08:00 AM More reviews by makiyazh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a pretty good foundation (and very inexpensive, too!). I bought the colour bombshell (the fairest of the neutral shades), and it matches my skin tone perfectly. The only drawback is that it wears off very quickly, and usually in blotches. By the end of the day, I have some left on my cheek, but maybe not my jaw, and powdering doesn't seem to help the staying power.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by iabdella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When you first put this on it is beautiful but then disappears within the hour. Color selection is great and believable. Feels uncomfortable. Would be great for a photographs. I read somewhere this is the covergirl of theaterical makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well... huh. This foundation honestly would be perfect if it did not contain petrolatum -- but it's not a moisturizer, it's makeup. It would sit on top of the moisturizer anyway! (Why yes, I do prefer organic, all-natural skin care.) While that one ingredient may give me pause, the color I chose is absolutely perfect. I have Bombshell, which is the lightest shade in the Neutral category. It is comparable to Cinema Secret's 601-18 (a neutralizer and yellow-based highlighter). Bombshell is a very pale neutral ivory with a touch of yellow. This would describe my complexion.
As for the formula, all I can say is WOW. Maybe it is the combination of waxes, silica, and petrolatum, but the coverage is extraordinary. Truly flawless. My face looks airbrushed. Creamy and soft, like silk. I mean, I have never had a foundation give this kind of coverage, and I have used Ben Nye and Cinema Secrets. While I love those two brands, I think Graftobian is better for its concealing power. I really could see myself on high definition television in this makeup. Most of the reviews here say that this foundation does not cause breakouts or clogged pores, which are usually attributed to petrolatum, so I am definitely willing to keep Bombshell in my makeup bag.

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by tanni

This is my choice foundation for in-front-of-the-camera makeup. HD camera, no less, which shows up to 6x that of what you can see with your eyes. Yeah, pretty scary. But this foundation passes quite well as real skin.

Shades-- Shade range is wonderful. They have cools, neutrals and warms, from the fairest of them all that could match Snow White's face, to the darkest, richest deep skintones. They even have specialty colors for fantasy, but I don't use those and won't get into them too much.

Application-- I personally like to apply this with my spatula and blend outward with my fingers and a damp sponge. The cream is almost like a liquid when it heats up, and yet it has near full coverage.

Price-- You can get a palette with five shades for $20, or a half ounce screw-top compact for $10.

Skintypes-- This does surprisingly well on oily skin and doesn't melt off from hot lights or hot weather. It's fine on dry and normal skin, although dry skin with flakes tend to dislike this foundation.

Complaints-- My only complaint is that the foundation accentuates dry flaky areas of the face... horrible for HD, which it's designed for. So you need to pack on moisturizer and sometimes use a primer. For personal use, use scrubs and AHA to exfoliate the dead skin, then use serums and moisturizers to keep the skin hydrated. Minus one point for this problem.

continued >>

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2008 10:28:00 AM More reviews by kangni2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You got a huge amount of product for the money, considering you only need a tiny bit everytime. The texture is not dry or hard to spread out as some creme fundation, however it is very difficult to blend it evenly. It shows all my dry flakes and my skin appear very rough upon applying it.

I would not purchase it again for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 10:23:00 AM More reviews by goldenbrown

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good colour range, good coverage, cheap. Makes my skin look rough, highlights flakes and not long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I find this is comparable to RCMA colour process foundation in every way. However, I like this better because it comes in 0.5 oz instead of 1oz. since this is very concentrate & for everyday use, I just need a tiny bit. By priming the skin first enables me to spread this very sheer & by means of a concealer brush, I picked up more products for those babies under the eyes. Powder, powder, powder, the colourless one's the best., otherwise it will slip & shift.
I do wish they better categorize the colour instead of giving it those stupid names. The Graftobian website does not provide with much info on that either. However I am NC 30-40 and I find Enchantress is a good match. The sticker indicates this is Olive #4, I also purchase Femme Fatale which is Bronze #3 and I find these 2 colours are quite similar. A lighter shade I also purchase is Vixen which is Bronze #1.
I will not wear this nor the RCMA, in summer, this product is great for dry skin or normal skin in winter, it can be problematic for oily skin.
EDIT: a year later 3/19/09 They have been sitting in the drawer & never used until I read a review today & took it out & play with it. I did not find it useful then b/c my liver spot was so dark (purple), but thanks to those acids it has lighten a lot. I used Vixen, which is comparable to C35, amazing result, totally melted in & seamless, I also have femme fatal which is comparable to C4 (according to the Graftobian site) for summer, absolutely surprised & I was lemming for the by Terry foundation which is around $130. I am going to order other shades like buttermilk & leading lady.
July 2009 - I find a great way of using this product, which is to mix it in equal part, with a clear silicone primer, like Smashbox. In this case I used Sana Pore Putty, which is a primer supposed for slight oily control with a matte finish,. The result, fast breezy application, poreless, matte, really high-definition. Did I say the application is fast & easy, even with eyes closed, you can try that with any fdn you may consider to be too thick or pasty. Nothing beats the colour-matching for theatrical fdn, (don't let the term theatrical make-up scare you, its just a name).
Don't forget to mail me if you like this method.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 6:24:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When you have cystic acne, flaky skin from retinoids, and need coverage that's good, not cakey, and actually matches your skin--that's close to a miracle. This is the situation I found myself in when I finally decided to buy this foundation. I got samples first, and once found the color match, got it in Sunlit Linen. I get a natural finish, excellent layerable full coverage, and this does not break me out or sink into lines. Since my skin has dried up quite a lot with retin-A gel, I can handle this foundation well in the winter. We'll have to see if it's too much when it's warmer. I've used higher end stuff including Besame souffle foundation, and use Kevyn Aucoin SSE as a concealer, but neither come as close as Graftobian has for me (additionally they break me out). The color matches are excellent as I have an extremely difficult to match skintone.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by flybysandy

This is my first review. But I must write about this wonderful foundation. I love love love it. This foundation blows me away. In winter I have dry flaky skin, and nothing works for me. But Graftobian HiDef Foundation makes my skin flawless. It´s creamy and it´s easy to work with. The shades are great. I bought a sample from camera ready cosmetics (The store is great too).

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No