April 19, 2014 | 1361 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by ShyLola

This mascara had everything except staying power. The formula is smooth and allows you to build and build without clumping, and can lengthen if you wiggle the brush just so. But as I said, it smudges like crazy, so it's no good for workdays (or in my case and others with oilier skin--ever).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by leemitchell

When I was a teenager in high school, this product was a godsend! It was PERFECT.

However, it's become a little dated by now. There are actually much better mascaras out there in a similar price range. It's sad to see something as classic as Great Lash be left behind, but it is just not as good as some of the new stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:21:00 AM More reviews by JazzyDazzle

I got this product at Postie for $14 which is pretty awesome since Maybelline mascaras usually retail for around 22+ dollars. Anyway, onto the review.
This mascara has the wettest, wettest formula you will ever encounter. Because of how wet it is, it is incredibly buildable and does not clump at all. This mascara lengthens amazingly well without clumping.
However, because of how wet it is, it can weight down lashes. This mascara is abysmal at holding a curl. It also takes forever to dry and if you're not careful while applying, you WILL rub this thing all over your face. I am not kidding.
So what's the verdict?
This is not a crappy mascara at all despite my crappy rating, it's just not suitable for everyone. Definitely give it a go if you have curly lashes (people of African heritage usually have very very curled lashes and I bet those lashes won't get weighted down).

Pros:
- Doesn't smell too bad
- Lengthens very well
- Very buildable
- Does not clump
- Separates lashes nicely

Cons:
- Extremely wet and hard to apply
- Weights down lashes
- Cannot hold a curl

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by theeviemeister

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

good actual mascara, brush was too short for my kind of big eyes. using a different brush but the same mascara would be great!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 4:44:00 AM More reviews by belle01987

I am a Hypnose (Lancome) and Noir couture (Givenchy) user. These are, in my opinion, the best volumizing mascaras ever. If I use another brand, my lashes are so small, short, ... Totally no effect.
On a trip I saw this mascara. They don't sell it anymore in Belgium and I remembered I owned one years ago. It was only € 6.50. So I thought, I give it a try.
I get the same results with this mascara. The end result is very comparable to hypnose and noir couture. However, the application is far more difficult. It takes a little more time to apply it. Everything depends on how you use it. You have to zigzag and after my third layer, I use a lash brush for removing the last bit of excess mascara. If you skip these steps, you will end up with spider lashes.
I don't mind spending a few more minutes to apply my mascara. You can have probably 5 of these mascaras, in comparison to one Givenchy or one Lancome.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have NO idea what it is about this mascara's formula, but I find it really nice. I have 4 Mascaras (Almay, Rimmel, and Body Shop) and this one is always my staple. It's formula is seriously black and if I wait just a moment or two, I can get the proper coating...However, if and when I rush it can be a disaster. I will re-purchase as I've been using it for 6 yrs after a friend suggested it as prior all I ever used was Lancome. It's dirt cheap too. I bought my last one for only about 7 bucks. I am able to day or night time it too. Another mega appeal to me is that it is sooo easy to remove. I cannot stand mascara removal, but this is extremely washable, however, never get caught in the rain with it or cry. Lol!! All in all my personal staple.

UPDATE: I do and always will love this mascara. However, I had to take it down a lippie b/c I find it smells so toxic after only a few wks of opening and feel I need to buy one per month. Plus, I've since discovered Lash Blast Volume which is only a few dollars more and gives me what my long (but sparse) lashes crave, lots of volume. I ll go back to it I'm sure, but I prefer to just dabble a bit for now.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by betonyourself

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of the most overrated products out there. It doesn't do anything.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Rahrl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara claims to be the most popular mascara ever (with one being sold every 4 seconds or something similarly ridiculous), and, for all my life, have failed to see why. It's an extremely basic mascara that essentially turns your lashes black and nothing else. This was the first mascara I ever used (my mom had a tube I mooched off of), and I remember not knowing what mascara actually did, because it literally did nothing. It needs around 2 coats to be visible on my light colored lashes, and it kills whatever curl was in them, even if I actually curled them, since it's such a wet formula. I actually have to put on around 4 coats on my bottom lashes to even make them visible. It does nothing in terms of length or volume. I think the sparse spiral brush (almost exactly like the cheap tester brushes they give out at Sephora) has something to do with this.
When you put your 8 coats of mascara on, trying to get results, and then it starts clumping and you realize you have to start over, it's a pain to get off even though it claims to be washable.
In general, it's an out-dated mascara that's one of the worst I've ever tried. I'd recommend this to people who have full, dark, long, perfect eyelashes who don't really need any help, and girls who've just started using makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by alissacupcakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was the first mascara I ever tried (back when I was already 13 or 14) I don't really like it because it doesn't do much to your lashes. No volume, little color, no length. This mascara is outdated and there are so many better mascaras out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by BodyBar

I don't dislike this product as it really did the trick for me for most of my teenage and adult life. I still see my mom using this in the mirror...and then taking a pin and separating her lashes....

Why I wont buy it anymore...well I think it is out dated. There are so many great mascaras (like bad girl from benefit to name one).