December 19, 2014 | 1502 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by pineappleaftermath

I just got this a few days ago, but so far, so good. I like the ingredients - it has shea butter, urea, and lactic acid - which really helps with the keratosis pilaris on my arms (some other lotions just make it worse). It does an ok job on the rest of my body and hands. The smell and packaging are ok but nothing special ... I'm a sucker for pretty packing and delicious smelling products so I wish it were a little nicer, but I suppose the trade off is the cheap price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This has not become my HG body lotion, which is currently Nivea's Smooth Sensation Lotion for dy skin. First of all, this Vaseline lotion smells a little odd, to me. It doesn't really smell like cocoa, more like... caramel, I believe.. I dunno, smells a little funky I guess. Second of all, it's definately not as moisturizing as my Nivea lotion. It does the job for sure but it is not the best for winter time. Might use that during summer, I am pretty sure it'd be moisturizing enough. It is creamy compared to my Nivea lotion, which has kind of a whip-like consistency. I find that this Vaseline lotion is a little more watery, and it is true that this sometimes leaves a little sticky, uncomfortable residue/film on the skin. Packaging wise, I'd obviously recommend purchasing the pump bottle. I didn't just because I wanted a smaller packaging to try this product out. Might repurchase during summer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately it did not work for me. Made me itchy. My younger brother loves it and uses it as a face cream. I am so jealous.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this stuff. The price point is perfect, and you get a ton of product in that big bottle. However the formula left me feeling sticky and wasn't near moisturizing as other brands I've tried. I find the consistency watery, and the smell is like nuts coated in chemicals, it's weird..... just slightly off. I ended up giving this stuff to my Mom, just couldn't get it to work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by JuicyGumdrops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I remember years ago i hated Vaseline lotions. It use to feel watery and sticky.But now i must say they really stepped up there game especially with this cocoa butter one.It's really creamy and moisturizing and I'm really impressed.I think I found my new fav. moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 4:50:00 AM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

It's moisturizing, absorbs fast and is not sticky, smells like vanilla, and it's very affordable! Qualifies for everything you ask for from a body lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by eiffadea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

cheap,come in a huge pump bottle,smells nice,moisturize very well,absorb pretty fast..everything u want in a product..will repurchase all the time..=)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by BlueRose81

Love this lotion!! It keeps my skin super soft during the winter, which is crucial since I live in Canada....the cold can be brutal. The more I use it, the more my skin's appearance improves. I will always repurchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Starjazzmine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Contrary to many of the other reviews, I found the fragrance heavy, clingy, cloying. Like cheap suntan lotion. Could not handle that. I guess I am more of a clean soapy smell person when it comes to lotions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

My coworker bought some of this for her desk and I find myself coming by her desk again and again! This lotion is great for hands -- it is super-hydrating, soaks in quickly, and even smells good! I'm trying to use up some lotions right now, but I'll be buying this nice lotion real soon :)

ETA: The Equate version is really good too!