April 20, 2014 | 928 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE IT! It's minty and tingly, but actually moisturizes! It's what I wish Burt's Bee's was! I have already repurchased....I thought it was LE at Sephora, so I bought some more, but I think I'm ok and it's there to stay. Try it, you'll probably like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2007 10:17:00 PM More reviews by ditie12

Loooove this! I was already a fan of the original, though I don't love the strawberry version. This has same texture of the original---perfect and not sticky at all--but leaves more of a rosy tint. The mint-factor is great...not overpowering at all. This is the perfect product to take with you anywhere!! All the rosebud lip tins last forever, too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 12:16:00 PM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This tin seems easier to open and shut than the original, and the minted Rose seems to leave more tint behind. I love the review below mine and totally relate to that cool, low-maintanence vibe that carrying this around imparts. Of course, this is part of a 25-piece "low mainanence" arsenal of products I rely on ha. I like the mint zing although with the origianl Rosebud Salve, I would sometimes use it as a cuticle cream or hand lotion in a pinch and I can't do that with the minted kind because I feel like it interferes with whatever scent I'm wearing. All around, this is a good but probably not an essential product for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by vain_emily

Honestly, the only reason I buy Smith's is a) because of the pretty, vintage-y packaging and b) it makes me feel classic and low maintenance. This stuff is ok, not too heavy, but I'd just use cherry chapstick if I was devoid of the vanity I unfortunately possess. Basically I'll keep buying for the tin just so I can take it out and dab it on, and only carry it and mascara so I can pretend that I only wear that makeup. Haha I wish I actually did. Plus, the mintiness is nice but it makes me thirsty.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by jhyman

I bought the original a few years back and was very underwhelmed by it ("I know you can be underwhelmed, and you can be overwhelmed, but can you ever just be, like, whelmed?") This, however, is FANTASTIC. I keep it at work and it keeps my lips soft and minty and ever so slightly tinted throughout the day. Super cheap for the size, cute tin, and fabulous product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2007 5:03:00 PM More reviews by brigidmarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this balm. It's ever so slightly (definitely not overwhelmingly so) minty and very shiny and soothing. Plus it lets me feel low maintenance. I just open the little tin, brush my finger through, and instantly shiny lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by jenjuliet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ohhhhhhhh this is so amazing. Feels great, looks great on my lips, smells AWESOME, and will obviously last forever. And the tin is too fabulous for words, every time I pull it out around other people (okay other FEMALES) they're like "oh gosh that's adorable what is it?" I would take off a lippie for not containing sunscreen but I just can't bring myself to do it. PS I've never used the original version but I did have a tin of the strawberry for a while, it wasn't horrible but I wasn't that impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by workandgirl

I like this better than the original, especially when I am using this as a lip balm. i don't know if it is as multi-purpose as the original rosebud salve because of the peppermint oil.

previous reviews have mentioned the deeper color, which is true. it is a deeper color, but not so much that it's a dramatic difference between the two. another large difference is the consistency. this product is a "looser" consistency - it smears more and takes more product to use it since it spreads thinner. (edit/ 4/3) i will say, this makes it easier to wear as a lipgloss and mix with other stuff (e.g. eyeshadow, powder, lipstick, etc)

my one complaint about this is that it really isn't as multi-purpose as the original rosebud salve. i know this is literally called "lip balm" and the original is called "salve" but i can't use it as a moisturizer on dry cracked spots in a pinch like i can with the other.

bottom line? buy it if you want to use it as a lip balm only. otherwise, don't go for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by mper1327

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, I have to say that this was a complete impulse buy when I was at Sephora. What really took me in was the color of this balm. It was soooo much darker than the original. I had bought the original, and I hated it. Didn't moisturize well, no color, smell was off, and the lid would come open in my purse. I almost didn't buy this because of that.....

I AM SO GLAD I DID!!!!! I love this stuff!!!! It had a decent smell, a very sheer red tint that looks so great when I'm at work and not trying to "look" made up, just pretty. It moisturizes alot better, and the lid is a major improvement. I'm going to buy about 10 more tins of this stuff....just in case it is a limited edition. I don't ever want to be without this stuff!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2007 8:49:00 AM More reviews by seesheer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The first thing I thought when I got this was 'HOLY WOAH, THAT THING IS HUGE!'
I'm somewhat of an obsessive lip balm user and don't have overly pigmented lips, so I prefer something with a tint. My Blistex wasn't holding up and after an elaborate adventure into the world of lip balm, I stumbled across this. It's divine smelling, gives my lips a fresh tingle and a lovely tint. It moisturises very well and the large tin will last me for quiiiiite a while. I'm definitely going to repurchase, when I manage to use it all up :D