October 25, 2014 | 1608 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 11:36:00 AM More reviews by enshopper05

I like this much better than the original version. It makes my lips soft and minty fresh! I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2007 4:12:00 PM More reviews by ekdumas19

I think this is the best Rosebud Salve lip product. I love the refreshing minty quality of it, and the jelly like consistency that slides on so nicely. Def a must for any woman's purse!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2007 4:39:00 PM More reviews by queenisabelle29

this is like the original but better! original rose salve is my favorite lip balm to use overnight but the pigment in this one and fresh minty taste, i can use this in the daytime. its very hydrating and i like that it has more pigment in it. the tin is huge for cost and will last awhile. i would rebuy both this one and the original.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2007 2:34:00 AM More reviews by AlisaG

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this balm. 'Nuff said. (-:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2007 1:15:00 PM More reviews by nakeeyark

got this as part of a birthday present, and i must say i might love it even more than the original rosebud salve. i like that its minty and still moisturizes so well, and as other reviewers have mentioned, it seems to leave a bit more color on the lips than the original. the packaging is adorable and there is a generous amount given for the price. overall a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2007 1:18:00 AM More reviews by may_baby

I love Smith's products. I had bought the original rosebud salve just because I thought it looked cool. When I used it, there was something oddly familiar about it. Then it hit me. My mother used to use it on her hands over 20 years ago when I was a little girl. That made me love it even more because it reminded me of my mom. But that's neither here nor there... so... I didn't know they made this minted lip balm until I came across it on Sephora one day and had to have it. This one does tint you lips more than the original. And I don't normally like mint but this isn't too bad. I use it at night before bed and I wake up with the softest lips. And it's not too sticky that you feel yucky putting it on with your fingers. It's fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE IT! It's minty and tingly, but actually moisturizes! It's what I wish Burt's Bee's was! I have already repurchased....I thought it was LE at Sephora, so I bought some more, but I think I'm ok and it's there to stay. Try it, you'll probably like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2007 10:17:00 PM More reviews by ditie12

Loooove this! I was already a fan of the original, though I don't love the strawberry version. This has same texture of the original---perfect and not sticky at all--but leaves more of a rosy tint. The mint-factor is great...not overpowering at all. This is the perfect product to take with you anywhere!! All the rosebud lip tins last forever, too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 12:16:00 PM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This tin seems easier to open and shut than the original, and the minted Rose seems to leave more tint behind. I love the review below mine and totally relate to that cool, low-maintanence vibe that carrying this around imparts. Of course, this is part of a 25-piece "low mainanence" arsenal of products I rely on ha. I like the mint zing although with the origianl Rosebud Salve, I would sometimes use it as a cuticle cream or hand lotion in a pinch and I can't do that with the minted kind because I feel like it interferes with whatever scent I'm wearing. All around, this is a good but probably not an essential product for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by vain_emily

Honestly, the only reason I buy Smith's is a) because of the pretty, vintage-y packaging and b) it makes me feel classic and low maintenance. This stuff is ok, not too heavy, but I'd just use cherry chapstick if I was devoid of the vanity I unfortunately possess. Basically I'll keep buying for the tin just so I can take it out and dab it on, and only carry it and mascara so I can pretend that I only wear that makeup. Haha I wish I actually did. Plus, the mintiness is nice but it makes me thirsty.