December 20, 2014 | 1059 users online

Foundations - SKII - Air Touch Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2007 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Anna_Copa_Cabana

I've been using this for 6 weeks now and I am just about to buy a refill. I spray it on after concealer and a light dusting of cdp loose powder. I absolutely love that it evens out my complexion without all of the face rubbing and brush cleaning of liquid foundation. I haven't had breakout problems or gotten oily from this and overall I'm really really happy with it. It's also easier to travel with than the glass bottles and jars I was using. Basically, it evens everthing out while somehow managing to remain invisible. For reference, I'm pretty pale and yellow-y and I use the 3 shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2007 6:01:00 PM More reviews by ilikegirls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading up on this product and the magic it creates, I had to buy it. So after waiting about a week and a half, I finally got it. The packaging is really amazing and high tech. I couldn't wait until the next morning to try it on. Somehow the applicator turns the powder makeup into liquid! So I tried it and it feels like a light, light snow breeze or something. Like a small amount of flakes are blowing against you. Well anyway, I'm still getting used to it. It does take some time to master how to apply it, and I would really appreciate some tips lol. They say it is best to apply it 4 inches away. I found that I get a perfect finish everywhere except under my eyes (due to light bags, but that can be evened out) and my nose.
I do have a gripe about this item though, (maybe it's not the item, maybe it's the way I apply it) but I see that this makeup comes off VERY easily on my nose. Did anyone else get that? Even after an hour or so when the makeup was supposed to "set" with my skin, if I touched my nose, you can see it the spot where I touched it, and it made a blotch. Is that normal? Is it supposed to come off that easily? Why does it set everywhere except my nose? Am I applying too much there, or applying too closely? Please help me. It kind of looks a little cakey or oily on me, am I applying too much? Please someone expaling to me how I can improve the way I do my nose. PLEASE lol. I want to get the most out of this product. I mean isn't is supposed to set with you skin and make it feel natural?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2007 1:30:00 AM More reviews by kr1ss

Best foundation ever! The spray is so smooth, I thought it was just a wisp of air on my face. Makes my face flawless, photo-smooth and radiant! It lasts all day. My skin is oily on the t-zone, dry on cheek. Expensive, but so much worth it for the end result!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2007 9:16:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

UPDATE: This has a high percentage of propylene glycol which won't matter to most of the population but if you have rosacea and know to watch out for this ingredient, approach with caution. After wearing this for 3 days this is burning my rosacea and turning me beet red. It's a *&%$*&^ shame! Still gets 5 lippies. Original review: We're all addicts, that's why we're here. But all of us are searching for different things: the best mascara, the newest product, the perfect skincare, etc. For me the makeup chase has always been about the perfect foundation. I thought I'd found the best I could 10 years ago when I discovered mineral makeup: it felt weightless, made my skin look flawless, lasted and worked well with my oilier skin. And then my skin got dry and subsequently minerals didn't work that well anymore so the foundation chase started all over. I took a chance on this foundation. Yes it is ungodly expensive but that price is not just for the makeup but for the delivery system, which delivers flawlessness. Yes, I said it. The sprayer is like no other if you think you've tried spray on makeup. The spray is so fine you can't feel it. Nothing gets on your hair or vanity. The first time I used this, I ended up spraying the device 3 times because initially I thought it defective--nothing seemed to be coming out. But after 3 times, my face seemed a little damp so I stopped. My face looked just like I moisturized but with no pores, no uneven coloring, my broken caps completely obliterated. My face looked just like I always dreamed it could look. And the makeup was weightless! It felt lighter than minerals. And it covered but felt like nothing. (I know I just said that but it bears repeating since it seems like a miracle.) I am in awe of this product. Yes I paid the horrible price, and I hope that one day soon this will go down in price or someone will make something like this cheaper but if you too have been chasing foundation perfection and would like flawless glowy coverage with a weightless feel you should get yourself to Saks to try this. Amazing stuff! Note: By the by they put me in a BR color since the Asian Sa I talked to over the phone said this would be best for my warm-toned LLL skintone. I still wonder about the O colors cause if I overspray this I can look a trifle bronzey but if I use only 2 sprays or less the color is undetectable and I'm very picky. It would be best to go to the store and check it out in person but unfortunately my stupid Saks doesn't carry this so once again I had to order and work with someone over the phone. AARGH!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2007 8:02:00 AM More reviews by mimimakeup

I had been reading the positive reviews on this product for some time and decided to go and investigate for myself. At the counter the SA was applying the foundation to a customer who had some redness and blotchiness to her skin. The spray was invisible, yet the application on the skin was both smooth and flawless.......hello, new convert here! I bought the OP3 shade which is a light gold/cream shade which perfectly matches my fair mixed race oriental skin tones. The unit is extremenly easy to use and delivers what feels like a light wisp of air. Very deceiving as you think that there is nothing coming out of it as it feels so light! At present, my skin condition is good, with minor uneveness. I also have fine lines under my eyes which can often be accentuated with foundation causing creasing. I would say the finish is light/light medium coverage but extremly smooth. Lines are not accentuated and remain creasefree for the full days application. There is a slight waiting time for the product to 'dry' on the skin but I have had no problems applying powder blush or eyeshadows if I bear this in mind. I have found applying blush and eyeshadow beforehand to make things quicker and there does not appear to be any problem with blush being masked too much, if at all. I have also tried this base on my mother who is in her 70's and who has some discolouration and lines. Again the base applied flawlessly to her skin and looked 'airbrushed' but not not fake or cakey as I would expect some bases to appear on more maturer skin. My mum was blown away with the beautiful finish and I can honestly say she looked radiant! This is a very expensive product and I don't know yet how long a minuscule sachet will last, however I am personally happy with the product (not the price!). My last favourite HG foundation was the Elizabeth Arden ceramide plumping foundation-again a lovely product which does not settle into lines and has a good finish. My choice between the two products is SK11 as it has a finer, airbrushed finish. I have tried other airbrush products such as ERA classified-this pales into insignificance compared to SK11. ERA feels like a rollerbrush application compared to the lightness of spray of SK11. My recomendation is to try it out at a counter first before splurging £££

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2007 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Mouray

I saw this in a magazine months ago then forgot about it. Meanwhile I was contemplating buying the $300 airbrush machine which comes with two bottles of makeup on ebay. Well I came across the SKII again in a more recent magazine and figured I'd go to Saks and try it out before I bid on the airbrush machine.

The girl there asked me to close my eyes while she tried it on me ... I swear I had no idea she was applying it because the application was so micro fine. All I felt on my skin was a light puff of air and BAM my skin was flawless. Now, I'm a firm believer that the lights at the makeup counters make us all look like WOW!! so I wanted to hold off on a true verdict until I tried it in my own bathroom at home. Verdicts in .... It's amazing.

I'm beaming when I wear this on my face because it's completely new to me to have such a flawless complexion. I would recommend to anyone looking for a beautiful flawless complexion to go to Saks and try it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2007 8:16:00 PM More reviews by sherisse

This foundation is fantastic... if there is a shade that perfectly matches you. The very fine electrically charged particles really tend to cover and fill each crease, open pore, and imperfections in my skin. Its a flawless, matt finish. Its so easy to apply, and the coverage is the most even i can get with any foundation. Its expensive, yes it is, but once the make-up is removed, i feel like my face is actually hydrated still unlike the effects most other foundations leave. Fantastic product and would love to use it daily if i could affort to.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Focused2BFit

I am in love with trying the different types of new makeup and I am very picky about the ease and natural finish of a foundations. I don't mind paying for quality but I expect it to be perfect when I pay a high price.

So anyway I heard about the SKII Air Touch and of course had to try it. I was and am BLOWN AWAY. This stuff is the stuff dreams are made of. So Easy, So flawless and the technology of how it just goes where its needed and doesnt stick to your hair and clothing is amazing. It last all day and looks absoulutely flawless. Your makeup is literally perfect in under a minute! SO EASY....anyone can apply perect makeup, with total ease. It is so nice not to need my hands or foundation brushes. This keeps your skin free of all that bacteria and oils....

The only thing that I found useful with this was a concealer brush by Chanel. This helped to smooth out just a touch around my eyes, where the makeup layed in some small lines. No biggie and just takes a sec...

I cannot say enough, I am hooked and I say it is worth every penny! I would pay more if I had to! You will LOVE IT!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Cornellian

Normally, I hate liquid foundation. It feels icky, mask-like and fake. This stuff, however, is fabulous. I am amazed at how natural the finish appears-- I have been using mineral makeup (Alima) for about 8 months and loved it. The Airbrush, though, beats Alima hands down. I mean, it is really no comparison.

You are supposed to apply your eye-makeup (not mascara) and blush before using the Air Touch. I was amazed that by doing so, the airbrush stuff "sealed" it in and my blushe lasted all day. No way that would've happened otherwise.

There are a couple of negatives to this product-- no SPF (like the MMU) and it is very expensive. Beyond that, though, it is a must buy.

BTW-- I'm a FFF to MMM in the winter (green eyes, dark brown hair, about a 30 to 35 in Mac products-- very neutral). I purchased the B-2 from an Ebay seller (Cyber-Emporium-- who has all the Asian market colors), but when I replenish it, I'd probably be an O-3 in the US market.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2007 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Mistik

I originally bought this before buying the line's powder/cream foundation but have found that the best combination is to start with the powder/cream, put on the rest of my makeup and then finish it using the Air Touch foundation. The results are excellent: it sets my makeup, goes on sheer and even, and eliminates the need for powder later in the day. I have used other airbrush systems and my big complaint was that the foundaton inevitably clogged the nozzle. This has not happened with the SK-II product. I have used it daily since Christmas; this is supposed to last a month to six weeks, and for the outrageous price, I hope the SA was right about that. I am very happy with the product quality but wish it was less expensive!