August 23, 2014 | 1057 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 5:13:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

I've only used this for three days so far, but OMG, wow, I don't smell! For some weird reason, my usual antiperspirant/deoderant stopped working for me, maybe due to a change in body chemistry...anyway, it's a mystery. I was getting sick of my own stench at the end (sometimes middle) of the day. So I figured I'd give the crystal a try. This was after trying Laviline Deoderant cream which didn't do squat and perhaps even made my B.O. worse! Well...

...this works great! I apply it to my wet underarms after showering, slather it on about 15-20 times on each pit, then put on my clothes. There's no odor whatsoever, at least from my pits, and absolutely no residue on my clothes (yay!!). One day (I think it was my 3rd day using the crystal), I had noticed that one of my shirts smelled after I took it off, but my pits were fine. So that bacteria on the clothing idea seems to be at play here. I think in the summer, I'll use Certain Dri along with the crystal, but I think I'll keep using this for many years to come!

UPDATE: I have been using the crystal every morning after I shower, KMF Liquid Rock every now antd then (maybe once a week) before I go to the gym, and Certain Dri every 2 weeks. This has been a winning combination! I RARELY perspire (due to the Certain Dri), and when I do, it's a scant amount and I rarely smell (due to the crystal deoderant). The times I do smell some funk are when I'm having a particularly intense upper body workout. All other times, I am odor free!! This combination makes me so happy!! I can't believe I suffered from wetness and odor unnecessarily in the past. And I get NO irritation from the crystal whatsoever. This doesn't bother my skin post-shaving since I only shave once every 6 weeks or so. I had laser hair removal, and only about 5 or 6 hairs grow on each side now, and very slowly at that, so that's probably the reason why I don't feel a sting. But this stuff is truly amazing! HG HG HG!!

Quick tip: I noticed in bikerchick01's review that she mentioned how she and her BF keep this in the shower. I have been doing the same thing for months now and find that it makes application a breeze since my pits are already wet from the shower and provide an ideal situation for the crystal. Just make sure to slather a lot of the crystal on, then let it dry. I'll put the deoderant on, then step out of the shower and dry off. Works for me...=)

This honestly has been a godsend for me and has enabled me to live worry free for the past year. I can't imagine ever going back to conventional deoderants!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2007 10:32:00 PM More reviews by kdelossantos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am like some of the other reviewers. I have more than average BO. For some reason scented deodorants can make me smell worse. I guess it's a chemical reaction with me or something. Needless to say I tried the crystal stick with hopes of getting good results. NOTTHING!!! After about a few hours I could SMELL my pits. Talk about embarrasing. I know if I can smell them im sure others can as well. Not a pretty site to see a woman trying to sneak in a sniff of her pitts to detect BO. My husband says sometimes I smell like onions on a hamburger. GROSS. I wash twice a day with antibaterial soap. So i know it isn't a hygien issue. Any ways I stick now to using Secret clinical strength. It works better than most things I have tried. But if any of you gals out there have ANY suggestions PLEASE let me know. Having under arm BO even if you wash really well will be my curse till the end unless something WONDERFUL is invinted for people like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 12:34:00 AM More reviews by pramy

this is the only deodorant i use nowadays. seriously, give it a try and you won't look back. I'm not a heavy sweat-er and i believe in the more natural and healthy way of doing things. Im tired of perfumed sticks that ruin clothes. anyway. this will NOT stop u from sweating but you wont ever smell.
the trick is to wet it with warm water RIGHT AFTER you shower and apply it about 20 times on each side. it'll last more than 24 hours. trust me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by mostly_harmless

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive skin, and this stuff made the skin of my armpits peel right off. Approach with caution

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2007 2:43:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff really works. It's amazing. No residue, and even though it costs between $5 - $7, it lasts for years. The only downside is I'm sort of a klutz and I've broken a couple by dropping them. They shatter and are difficult to use when they are jagged and sharp.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2007 9:52:00 AM More reviews by mollymonaco

I had been using Dove Sensitive Skin invisible solid all throughout highschool and my first 2 years of college, and it did a solid job, but as I grew interested in more natural options in terms of beauty care and even beyond, I sought out an alternative. The Crystal Stick deodorant seriously can't be beat. There is no residue (you can wear that little black dress), it lasts virtually forever, it's odorless (it won't interfere with your favorite perfume... but then again, don't wear a lot of perfume anyway, because there are people out there who are allergic), and it's pretty cheap at ~$6. The only bad thing about them is that if you drop it, you'll have to replace it (imagine how sharp it would be!). I'm not a heavy sweat-er, but this stick works fine even on warm summer days. On hot hot hot humid days, it works alright, but you may start to smell at the end of the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2007 5:12:00 PM More reviews by pitterpatterson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

**Took lippies off for this because it eventually stopped working and started getting crumbly. I now use Lavanilla's Vanilla Grapefruit deodorant and like it!**

I haven't used this particular brand of product before, but I use and ADORE something that I suspect is the exact same. The salt crystal (aluminum-free of course.)

I sweat a lot when I am nervous, so much so that no matter what antipersperiant I used, it didn't help. And, for all you other nervous sweaters out there, you know what I mean. (And you also know that it smells!)

But, after deciding to go "natural" and stop using potentially toxic, and definitley artificial products that didn't work anyway, I found this.

I stumbled through other natural deodorants, and they were just even crappier versions of synthetic products.

But this! No odour at all, no residue, no white stains, no nothing! It doesn't even feel like anything on, you just don't smell.

I mean, if I spend all day outside, or play sports all day, or do something really labor intensive all day, I smell like a human being, but not like a vagrant.

And I am completely ok with smelling like a human being!

I reccomend this if you are at all inclined toward natural products. And, since a $11 "crystal" lasts for at least a year, its a heck of a bargain!

This product is my HG for sure!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2007 2:58:00 AM More reviews by GreedyLittleThing

I purchased the travel size stick over a year ago from my local health food store. After several uses, I decided the product simply did not work at all and I tossed the crystal into the depths of my "junk product cabinet." On a whim, I recently checked the MUA feedback for this product and I am SO glad I did because it is here that I learned that I was using the product wrong! When I first got it, I was doing 4 quick swipes. Wrong, wrong, wrong! Even though proper use has been highlighted, let me reiterate it: Shower first, wet the stone and then use LOTS of product. Personally, I use 2 layers of 20 swipes each. I've been using it for over a week now and THIS STUFF TOTALLY WORKS! NO funk, NO white residue, NO itchy pits. Thank you p'ville!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2007 11:47:00 PM More reviews by jen8

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The crystal seemed to work for me for only a few hours. I think maybe I have stronger BO than the average person but a couple of hours after applying I could detect my odor. Maybe for people with average BO this would work longer. Overall I like it but I'm going to try the KMF deodorant after reading the reviews. If that one doesn't work better for me then I will repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2007 12:07:00 AM More reviews by jannax212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hear me out! This is the BEST DEO ever!!! If it wasn't for my sister who told me about it's reviews on MUA, I would have never thought to pick this up! The best way to use this is when you get out of the shower. The application goes on wet, and does not take long to dry. It will keep you odor-free all day/night long!!! No staining clothes, and clear application, and unscented!!! (However, it does not stop you from sweating.) But my goodness, I love this stuff! I use it religiously. And it is super cheap, $4-6 at Ulta. It says that the stick will last you one year. But I don't think I have even dented mine, and I've had it for at least 3-4 months!! You can even use it on your feet if you like!
This is my HG deo. I don't think I'll ever use anything else.