Crystal Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

4.1

ammonium salts (natural mineral salts). 9.14.09

on 2/8/2008 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

About nine years ago my body just started rejecting deodorants and antiperspirants. My armpits would develop a horrible and painful rash. I basically became allergic to all of them. On a whim, I tried Crystal, not sure if it would work and forking over almost $7 at the time for something that may or may not have worked. Fortunately it worked! The price seems a little higher than traditional deodorants/antiperspirants, but lasts far far longer. There are even travel sizes available now, which is extremely useful for when I'm house/pet-sitting and staying everywhere but home. My boyfriend tried it, very skeptically, and was overwhelmed with how well it worked and that's all he uses now too. We leave it in the shower so we can remember to put it on wet skin right after finishing in the shower. I am allergic to everything, it seems, and get some serious eczema going on from so many products, Crystal has been a godsend for me.

on 2/5/2008 12:57:00 PM

I've been trying different natural deodorants, because I was getting lumps in my underarms from the antiperspirants I had used over the years. This was a good alternative while my system was clearing everything out, and it actually felt good to sweat for once (this will not stop that from happening). I took the recommendation of other reviewers, and swiped this over 20 times on each side, right after getting out of the shower. However, after a couple of weeks this product just stopped performing. I was using this in the wintertime, so it had nothing to do with excess perspiration or humidity. I really wish I could have used this product for the longterm, but I can't justify continuing when I smell by mid-morning! Also, the packaging isn't that great, since the crystal doesn't stay in place & wants to fall out every time I use it. Boo. I had a better experience with the roll-on crystal deodorant by Kiss My Face, which kept me odor-free through my workday.

PS- Cracks also develop in the crystal over a period of time, allowing mold to grow inside. Not cute, let me tell you!

on 1/18/2008 1:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

One word-WOW!!!! For the first time ever I woke up this morning with no B.O.!! No matter what brand of deodorant/antiperspirant I use, I always smell funky the next morning. I am sniffing and sniffing right now and smell NOTHING!!! I applied it twice, per the other reviews and it works WONDERFULLY!!!!! I believe this will be the only brand I will buy from now on!

on 12/24/2007 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This eliminates odor completely.. better than any deodorant/antiperspirant I've tried. Just be sure to rub it on your skin for at least a minute, in order to completely cover any areas which produce sweat. I love the fact that there is no deodorant-y smell messing with any body wash or perfume I use.

EDIT: as well as this worked, I ended up switching back to regular deodorant just because it was inconvenient to always have to shower and clean thoroughly before putting deodorant on.

on 11/20/2007 5:13:00 PM

I've only used this for three days so far, but OMG, wow, I don't smell! For some weird reason, my usual antiperspirant/deoderant stopped working for me, maybe due to a change in body chemistry...anyway, it's a mystery. I was getting sick of my own stench at the end (sometimes middle) of the day. So I figured I'd give the crystal a try. This was after trying Laviline Deoderant cream which didn't do squat and perhaps even made my B.O. worse! Well...

...this works great! I apply it to my wet underarms after showering, slather it on about 15-20 times on each pit, then put on my clothes. There's no odor whatsoever, at least from my pits, and absolutely no residue on my clothes (yay!!). One day (I think it was my 3rd day using the crystal), I had noticed that one of my shirts smelled after I took it off, but my pits were fine. So that bacteria on the clothing idea seems to be at play here. I think in the summer, I'll use Certain Dri along with the crystal, but I think I'll keep using this for many years to come!

UPDATE: I have been using the crystal every morning after I shower, KMF Liquid Rock every now antd then (maybe once a week) before I go to the gym, and Certain Dri every 2 weeks. This has been a winning combination! I RARELY perspire (due to the Certain Dri), and when I do, it's a scant amount and I rarely smell (due to the crystal deoderant). The times I do smell some funk are when I'm having a particularly intense upper body workout. All other times, I am odor free!! This combination makes me so happy!! I can't believe I suffered from wetness and odor unnecessarily in the past. And I get NO irritation from the crystal whatsoever. This doesn't bother my skin post-shaving since I only shave once every 6 weeks or so. I had laser hair removal, and only about 5 or 6 hairs grow on each side now, and very slowly at that, so that's probably the reason why I don't feel a sting. But this stuff is truly amazing! HG HG HG!!

Quick tip: I noticed in bikerchick01's review that she mentioned how she and her BF keep this in the shower. I have been doing the same thing for months now and find that it makes application a breeze since my pits are already wet from the shower and provide an ideal situation for the crystal. Just make sure to slather a lot of the crystal on, then let it dry. I'll put the deoderant on, then step out of the shower and dry off. Works for me...=)

This honestly has been a godsend for me and has enabled me to live worry free for the past year. I can't imagine ever going back to conventional deoderants!

on 11/11/2007 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am like some of the other reviewers. I have more than average BO. For some reason scented deodorants can make me smell worse. I guess it's a chemical reaction with me or something. Needless to say I tried the crystal stick with hopes of getting good results. NOTTHING!!! After about a few hours I could SMELL my pits. Talk about embarrasing. I know if I can smell them im sure others can as well. Not a pretty site to see a woman trying to sneak in a sniff of her pitts to detect BO. My husband says sometimes I smell like onions on a hamburger. GROSS. I wash twice a day with antibaterial soap. So i know it isn't a hygien issue. Any ways I stick now to using Secret clinical strength. It works better than most things I have tried. But if any of you gals out there have ANY suggestions PLEASE let me know. Having under arm BO even if you wash really well will be my curse till the end unless something WONDERFUL is invinted for people like me.

on 11/6/2007 12:34:00 AM

this is the only deodorant i use nowadays. seriously, give it a try and you won't look back. I'm not a heavy sweat-er and i believe in the more natural and healthy way of doing things. Im tired of perfumed sticks that ruin clothes. anyway. this will NOT stop u from sweating but you wont ever smell.
the trick is to wet it with warm water RIGHT AFTER you shower and apply it about 20 times on each side. it'll last more than 24 hours. trust me.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin, and this stuff made the skin of my armpits peel right off. Approach with caution

on 10/8/2007 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This stuff really works. It's amazing. No residue, and even though it costs between $5 - $7, it lasts for years. The only downside is I'm sort of a klutz and I've broken a couple by dropping them. They shatter and are difficult to use when they are jagged and sharp.

on 10/8/2007 9:52:00 AM

I had been using Dove Sensitive Skin invisible solid all throughout highschool and my first 2 years of college, and it did a solid job, but as I grew interested in more natural options in terms of beauty care and even beyond, I sought out an alternative. The Crystal Stick deodorant seriously can't be beat. There is no residue (you can wear that little black dress), it lasts virtually forever, it's odorless (it won't interfere with your favorite perfume... but then again, don't wear a lot of perfume anyway, because there are people out there who are allergic), and it's pretty cheap at ~$6. The only bad thing about them is that if you drop it, you'll have to replace it (imagine how sharp it would be!). I'm not a heavy sweat-er, but this stick works fine even on warm summer days. On hot hot hot humid days, it works alright, but you may start to smell at the end of the day.

Video Reviews & Tutorials