October 22, 2014 | 2089 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by majestyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I broke out HORRIBLY. Smelled disgusting too.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by kareneap

The smell is a little hard to sit through but it's definitely worth it! My skin feels super soft and moisturised after drenching my face with this for 20 minutes. I leave it out for a few minutes before putting it on so it's not too cold when I put it on. The cooling, tingling sensation is really refreshing and I can't recommend this enough! I don't feel guilty when I do either - it's not as though it'll break the bank!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by anjalisharma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I make my own yogurt facial, usually once a month, whenever I have time. Altho my skin has had many changes this past two years, this works well for me even now. A lot of the skin care products that were my HG have stopped working so...here is what I do.

Clean my face with bottled water (not tap).
Pat dry and apply yogurt. Massage and wait for the yogurt to dry.
After a few mins, apply honey. Careful coz it does not suit everyone. I recommend organic honey.
Apply some grated cucumber on the honey, it will stick.

I usually do some chores around the house and take a shower. I wash my face last of all, and the hot steam in the shower helps soften my skin further. It is soothing and a slight glow is noticeable afterwards :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by emkazicstan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Leave it on my face for 15 minutes and it makes my skin super smooth, minimizes my poors and adds a nice glow to my face. I also hear that it has anti-aging properties, which is an awesome bonus!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by betteefelon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yogurt to the rescue! After a run-in with a too-harsh facial cleanser left my face red and stinging, I was desperate to find something to calm down my skin. I remembered reading that yogurt was good for "stressed" skin. My face certainly fit that description. I pulled the tub of Greek yogurt out of the fridge and slathered a thin layer of goop over my face. There was a nice cooling sensation (although, coming right out of the fridge, it was *almost* too cold). More importantly, fifteen minutes later, it had dried and after washing it off, my face feels so much better. It's not 100% back to normal, but it is at maybe 70%, which is much better than it would have been on its own. I am so relieved. Plus, the yogurt seems to have softened my skin. It's practically glowing. I will absolutely be doing this again, and trying to convince my friends and sisters to give it a try when they have similar situations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by mcalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow. This is the best face mask I've ever used. After trying this, my moisturizing face masks from Clarins and Chanel don't get any use anymore.

First, some info about my skin: fair (NC20), formerly oily and acne-prone but now normal/dry since I'm on Accutane. During the winter it gets really dry and flaky.

I recently had terrible breakouts from a sunscreen (LRP Anthelios AC SPF40) that looked like a million clogged pores in my cheeks. I had to apply topical steroids for about a month until the irritation got a little better, but I still had lots of tiny whiteheads and nothing (salycilic acid, Differin, glycolic acid) helped me get rid of that.

So I decided to try the yogurt mask, mainly because I was afraid that the "regular" masks would break me out even more.
I use this about 3 times a week, for 30 minutes. When my skin is extra dry I mix it with 1/2 tbsp of honey and 2-3 drops of extra virgin olive oil.
Two weeks later, the breakouts on my cheeks were 90% gone. I'll be honest, I can't say they're 100% gone, after all the breakouts were pretty bad and I can't expect a miracle, but I almost can't notice them anymore and my skin texture is much more even.
I also noticed that it helped me a lot with my dry skin issues and it gives my face a glow that no other face masks have ever given.
I have used 0%fat yogurt and I liked it too, but for dry skin the full fat yogurt is definetely much better.

Tip:
I like to get the "dry" parts of the yogurt that get on the top of the cup (if your yogurt comes with a metallic seal, you know what I mean - the yogurt that accumulates there! Yeah, it sounds a little gross). It's much more dense and creamy, and therefore more moisturizing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Irinar

Here is my experience. I have combined skin, meaning it feels dry AND I get pimples (and I'm way beyond teenage).
I've tried both sour cream and yoghurt in the past three days. I think yoghurt may be better to "clean" your face- it does feel cooling and a bit prickly. For hydrating I would rather reccomend sour cream, although my understanding is that it does open the skin to sunlight. The feeling of both is great, yoghurt gave me a "cleaning" feeling and sour cream a softer one. I think I can see the results, and it's only been three days. Woud definitely reccomend it, possibly alternating between yoghurt and sour cream depending on what you need most. And I've only used the "plain" products yet. Not fruit yoghurt, combined with honey, lemon, etc although it is reccomended. Oh and I've also used yoghurt for hair. Feels nice. Haven't tried sour cream, I'd like to see if it hydrates the hair as much as it hydrated the face skin. Using both is definitely worth the trouble.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by lelam7

I love this mask! First, I scrub my face with sugar and lemon, and then add yorurt (i use greek full fat yogurt, since its thick constency and wont run down your face). I leave it on until it dries, (maybe 20 mins), and when I wash it off, it gives my face a beautiful glow and makes it brighter....dirt cheap and effective, no expensive mask will ever beat this...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by ArretezCharlotte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm torn.

I slapped a layer of good old natural fat-free Greek Yoghurt onto a clean face and left it for about 20 minutes. During that time I experienced no discomfort whatsoever, not even a tingle. However, when I washed it off with a cotton pad and water, my face was COVERED in what can only be described as acid burns. Across one cheek there was a scarlet, linear streak that looked as though somebody had held a needle to a flame and dragged it all the way across my skin. On my temples were strange, bluish marks that looked incredibly like bruises. And my entire forehead just looked badly sunburnt. What somehow made the whole débacle more disconcerting was that I wasn't in any pain at all, aside from a very, very slightly warm sensation that was basically barely detectable, my skin felt as it always did. And yet I looked, in direct light, as though I'd smeared dilute hydrochloric acid over my face, and in shadow I looked as though I'd been in a nasty punch-up!

Considering I had a fashion show to walk a few days later, needless to say, I was pretty alarmed! I immediately applied some Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic from my sample bottle and after that, I slathered on a HUGE layer of my beloved MooGoo MSM Soothing Cream (literally enough to break out an entire football team). Incredibly, not only did I not break out the following day, but within two hours of application, all the angry burns and marks had completely disappeared. The relief! (The MooGoo cream is truly miraculous, by the way. Huge recommendation!)

The reason why I'm torn is that in the days since I tried this, my skin has, as reviews I read suggested might happen, been incredibly soft, even and clear-looking. I used a gentle, adequate-but-nothing-too-amazing old scrub a day or two later and the gunk just flew straight out of my pores - they're still empty! I want to give it minus lipsticks in one sense, but I have to concede that for those it doesn't bring out in hideous burns, it must be pretty damn effective.

On that basis I certainly won't be first in line to actively put people off trying it, but I would never risk using it again myself, and would definitely suggest that people proceed with caution. I hope this was a helpful review!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While I think it's great that it's worked for other people. This doesn't do half as much for my skin as sour cream does. I know they're very similar, and I thought that it would be generally the same experience, but I was wrong. Shame, too. I love eating yogurt so I though that if I could use it in place of sour cream (which I don't particularly like to eat) it would be one less thing to worry about expiring and picking up at the store. No such luck. It calmed my skin down for sure and it had the same cooling sensation. But I didn't feel that I got the same amount of exfoliation and tightening from it. Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm sticking to my sour cream. But for those of you who do like yogurt over sour cream, I think it would work well in the recipes that I've been using. My focus was on gentle exfoliation, lightening of pigmentation, and reduction of redness.
Face Mask (put on clean skin, leave on 20 minutes, rinse):
1 tbs Yogurt
1 tbs Honey
1 tbs Fresh Lemon Juice
4-5 Drops Licorice Root Extract
3 drops Chamomile Essential Oil
Body Treatment (put on clean, freshly scrubbed skin, leave on for 20 minutes, rinse.):
2 tbs Yogurt
2 tbs Honey
Juice of one Lemon
1 dropper Licorice Extract
1 dropper Raspberry Leaf Extract
1/2 grated Onion
1/2 grated Cucumber
These and all the other recipes from reviews can have either sour cream of yogurt. I think it's just a matter of preference. I love that such a cheap, natural product is working so well for so many people, it just didn't live up to my alternative. Still, I totally recommend trying it!