July 30, 2014 | 1171 users online

Cleansers - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by eddiecatt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was quite paranoid about this clogging my pores, so for the first few weeks I only put it on about an hour or so before I washed my face, and only gradually left it on longer. I now use this as my daytime moisturizer. It really does work on acne--I had a huge one on my side one day, put coconut oil on it and it disappeared overnight! Doesn't do much for my acne scars though, but that's OK. I melt some in a jar and add tea tree oil to it to boost its antibacterial properties. Thinking of also squeezing a Vit E capsule into it next time. If you have acne, this is worth trying, because it is so cheap and effective and natural--just go slow at the beginning so you can tell whether your skin can take it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by FleurDeCherisier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Do not doubt when you see extra virgin coconut oil in a store! Itís the best hair care product, best facial moisturizer and best body moisturizer. Itís a lifesaver for naturally dry and/or damaged hair.

Hair care: Rub a pea sized amount of the solid oil between your fingers until itís warm and put it on your hair ends an hour or a night before you wash your hair. For an intensive treatment heat a table spoon of coconut oil au bain Marie and rub it in your wet, not yet shampooed hair, wait thirty minutes and shampoo twice.

Moisturizer: Rub a little amount of the oil between your fingers until warm and apply it on your face and all other dry spots. Tip: when you see/feel an upcoming pimple dab a little coconut oil on it before you go to sleep.

My dry, damaged hair and skin love extra virgin coconut oil!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by saromakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Coconut oil is the only oil known to be able to penetrate the cortex of the hair. Therefore, one of the most effective hair moisturizers on earth.

Hair needs to be uncoated (most conditioners/products will coat).

Ideally, should go on hair after use of a clarifying shampoo or baking soda wash and vinegar rinse. Can also be added to shampoo in the coconut oil shampoo method.

When used on uncoated hair, the coconut oil penetrates the hair - and the results you wouldn't believe. Almost born again hair!! When used on coated hair, can result in a crunchy feeling. Well worth experimenting with.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ahhhhh, that's the stuff. I have VERY sensitive skin, and after shaving, my legs are left a mess - red, rashy, itchy, bumpy... it seems I can NEVER get them completely smooth. Enter coconut oil! I put off repurchasing for a long time after I ran out, because 5 or so years ago, I could only find it in health food stores and was paying around $25 a tub! Ouch! Luckily, Swanson has a 16oz tub for around $6! Woohoo! My legs are now smooth, silky and gorgeous again! Oh, how I've missed you, coconut oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Chicagobabe89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love coconut oil! It's one of my HG products. The price can be a little expensive, but it's definitely worth it and more. I buy it from either Whole Foods or Amazon, and one tub lasts quite a while. I use this for making smoothies, deep conditioning my hair, and everyday as a body oil after a shower. It moisturizes my skin and hair like nothing else I've ever encountered, and the smell is amazing. I also have a scar, and I feel as though this is helping to fade it. If you're looking for a natural way to deep condition your hair or if you have dry skin, I highly recommend coconut oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by KMD08

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For everyone that said they broke out terribly, here is a word of advice. That means the product is working! If you use raw coconut oil on a clean face or even to remove makeup, it will not clog pores. What it does is go into your pores and makes the impurities slip out easier. So if you want a beautiful clear face, you will have to have to deal with the breakout until it completely clears up. Don't stop using it, the only way it is going to work is to keep doing what you are doing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to use a make up remover & OH MY GOD do I love it! I knew it was a keeper when it fully removed all of the Revlon Color Stay off of my face (they named it Color Stay for a reason). It removes all mascara too. I'll use this, rinse it off good & then follow with my cleanser & my skin is baby soft & sparkling clean! On the weekends when I come home really late & am way too tired to do this(& probably too drunk, lol!) & my cleanser I'll only use this & rinse it off with warm to hot water. It works just as awesome by it self. I also noticed that it will dry out & shrink the larger pimples I have at the time. Something else I noticed from using this is that my eye lashes are so much softer. I've noticed a difference in the way my mascara has been looking also. I won't stop using this anytime soon.
****UPDATE**** THIS BROKE ME OUT HORRIBLY. IT CLOGS YOUR PORES! I then started to use this only for eye makeup removal & a week later I had 2 pimples on my eyelids!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I initially purchased this with the intent to use it as an eye makeup remover. It worked wonderfully, but found that it smudged my contacts, but that's easily remedied by removing them first. :)

Then, I found that I could make a splendiferous lipscrub by mixing this with raw cane sugar. It tastes amazing and works like a charm.

More recently, my hubby started using this after the shower as a moisturizer. While still in the shower, I put this on like lotion so it locks in the moisture. When you dry off, your skin feels silky smooth and moisturized all day or night.

Amazing product! I buy this from my local whole foods co-op and while it's pretty pricey, it lasts forever and has many, many uses. A great find!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Peri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently developed a serious interest in lessening my dependancy on manufactured products and trying natural oils found in nature on my skin. I've used olive oil, jojoba oil and various blends. While they all served me well (no breakouts, somewhat hydrated, etc) the outcomes were nothing spectacular.

Last night, after I washed my face with my Clarisonic, I tried extra virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer. I simply took a small amount and lightly rubbed it on my face, under my eyes and on my lips.

This morning I woke up to glowing, dewy skin and I noticed the slight tired-looking circles beneath my eyes have started to fade, as has a small cut on my cheek. Also, my nose is alwaaaaaays dry and flaky when I apply makeup, and today it's totally smooth.

I'm excited to keep using this nightly, because right now, I think this might be a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by saffronia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After a nightmarish experience with my usual eye cream that involved having to use a prescription steroid cream on my eyes for two weeks, I was desperate for a new, harmless yet effective eye cream. I had to use Vaseline for a few weeks after the Rx cream, and that was ok, but wanted something that absorbed better. I had some EVCO from a recipe I was making and thought "why not try this?" I have been using it every morning and evening for the last two years. I must say I cannot believe how fantastic it works for me. No irritation, no milia issues, cheap, absorbs nicely, works great under makeup, seems to condition lashes and brows, and best of all: has reduced my crow's feet very noticeably! What a find! I only use it as an eye cream and sometimes a lip balm, but I find it a bit too heavy for the rest of my face and body. Still, in a pinch, I'd use it anywhere...

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No