April 18, 2014 | 1480 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2006 5:36:00 AM More reviews by thestarsandyou

this is so greasy & it smells horrible. i wanted to love it so bad b/c i'm usually into the sheer look, but there is no way this product is getting near my skin ever again. it felt like i was applying slightly pigmented vegetable oil all over my face. ughh. i don't understand how it has a 4.0 rating b/c i would give it a 0 if i could. horrible, horrible stuff. & it's not like i just got some bad product b/c i got the wrong color the 1st time, so i went back & got a different one, hoping it was just my one bottle that was rancid or something, but no, that is the actual way it's supposed to be. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2005 10:11:00 AM More reviews by itsjustme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

TYhis is gonna be on odd review but id give it a 3and a half. The problems with me not the luminous skin....HA it sounds like im breaking up with sum1. But my own fault, site clearly stated undertones and once again becca was another line of foundation that didnt recognise that my DDD skin had golden undertones. Tried it, was great in artificial light and red in daylight (ummm...good for red nose day?). But credit to Becca stayed on all day was light but probly lighter the i intended which is my fault, it is clearly not marketed as a foundation foundation more for just evening skin tone. Ver liquid and moisturising but oily girls dont be scared, a touch of loose powder and this should stay ON AND CONTROL OILYS TO AN ACCEPTABLE LEVEL. No need for any1 to moisturise with this i dont think and really seemed to brighten up my skin in artificial light that is.
Must state once more that this is unlikely to conceal jack but still worth it for a really natural look if youncan get your colour and they can match most people, and if you dont like the feel of layers on your skin.
Hope this was helpful.x

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2005 4:40:00 PM More reviews by epukis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently aquired this product, so I can't vouche on its irritability. However, so far my skin has remained clear. Like the other review suggested, this is not a foundation. It scores very poorly on coverage and high on its protective qualities. Becca's philosophy is that of beautiful natural skin, and they acheive this with this product. I love the SPF 20 which I think comes from the titanium dioxide. The product moists the skin when it is applied, so I don't have to bother with moisturizer. I have slightly dry skin and this works perfectly. The packaging is great too - it comes with a pump to keep things sanitized and easy to apply.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2005 12:25:00 AM More reviews by rperrin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this product, and have recommended it to many of my clients - who have been thrilled with it.

Problem I am seeing with most ratings on this is that people are considering it a foundation. It really isn't. It's a light tinted moisturizer, with SPF. And some here are saying that the system didn't work for them (LSC, Stick Foundation & Powder) because they didn't get enough coverage. There is another option that is discussed on Becca's site in more detail.

If you have very oily skin, use the Mattifying Primer then either the LSC or Stick Foundation, then use a touch of the Concealer, then powder. I like the Concealer better for those who need more coverage, as it has 2 formulas in the compact - basic concealer and extra coverage concealer.

If you are interested in buying LSC, then read through the website and understand what you are buying. It's a great product, but it may not be the right product for everyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2005 2:42:00 PM More reviews by lizbert

I hate most foundations, and three of my friends told me to try this "instead." While the packaging is very nice - I like the matte glass bottle - and the range of colors is impressive, this stuff just turned my T-zone into a puddle of oil by mid-morning. I imagine it's great for dryer skins that just need a little smoothing and SPF, but for me: not enough coverage and waaaay too greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2005 4:44:00 PM More reviews by azgibsongirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I live in the desert where it is either hot and dry or cold and dry. My skin is very fair and sensitive, but evenly textured, and I was looking for foundation that provided light coverage and moisture, with decent sunscreen. I bought Becca in Sand and loved it immediately. It is easy to apply and blends beautifully. Set with powder, it makes my skin look healthy even when I've been skipping sleep and over-indulging in coffee. I like the pump so I can keep the product fresh and bacteria free. I think the packaging is sturdy and functional, as it has spent a great deal of time traveling with me in my backpack with no mess or spillage.

I do have a couple of issues with it. When I moved to England for a school term, the humidity threw my skin into chaos and I had to purchase a heavier powder to set this foundation effectively. I also get little lumps of product because it sets up in the pump between uses. This is not a major problem as I just flick them out, and I think the benefits of protecting the product from bacteria transfer is worth this minor inconvenience.

The best thing for me is that this product provides me with protection from the sun and also from things like pollution and the drying effects of air conditioning. I am a convert. I love Becca and have repurchased this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2005 10:49:00 AM More reviews by flick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Another rave for this foundation! I was worried on reading the reviews that the coverage would not be enough but I found that it is equal to prescriptives traceless. I got the cashmere shade (chanel clair, chantecaille chamomile for ref) and its a great match. The coverage is slightly more than sheer and it does a great job of evening out the complexion and looking natural. I didnt find it overly moisturising but I do need to set with powder to avoid a shiny face. I got mine on ebay so didnt pay full price but I'm impressed with the amount you get. Would definately buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2005 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Flamingo1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! I wear the colour 'Nut'. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and have smooth clear skin, so the consistency is perfect for me, as I want something to enhance my skin, not to make it look like a mask. My skin glows when I have this on and it looks so natural and I also find that my eyeshadow statys put for much longer without me having to re-apply every hour.

Also, I do apply moisturiser to my skin before using this item and I don't have any problems with oiliness.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2005 2:23:00 AM More reviews by s70princess

Ok, I didn't like this product at all -- it might work for some people, but it didn't work for me at all. I have decent skin, but I still like a little coverage to even out my skintone here and there ... this one provided none. Becca's Luminous Skin Color Sheer Foundation shouldn't even have the word 'foundation' in its name because it provides absolutely no coverage at all -- very misleading and I probably wouldn't have bought it if I wasn't led to believe it could perform some sort of foundation purpose. After trying it, I found out this is basically just a moisturizer with some luminosity ... and I also don't find it to be a good moisturizer either, as I found my skin getting oily throughout the day after using it. However, for someone who isn't prone to getting shiny and has almost perfect skin who doesn't like much coverage at all and only wants a little moisture, SPF & gleam, then this is your product!! For anyone else who fits outside that description, save your money!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2005 8:05:00 PM More reviews by glimmering

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The negative: I bought Becca's LSC because I love the Becca loose powder so much, but unfortunately, it didn't provide the coverage that I need. I tried the whole Becca system (LSC, stick foundation, loose powder) as advised, but it still didn't even out my skin tone and provide the right coverage. Labeling it a foundation is a misnomer - they really ought to call it a tinted moisturizer, and an even sheerer one than normal.

The positive: I started mixing the LSC with other foundations I already owned, and thereby created something that works far better than most stand-alone foundations that I've tried. My skin just can't seem to "carry" heavier foundations, but I do need more coverage than a tinted moisturizer provides. This lightens up the other foundations and creates something very wearable that meets all my needs. I apply the Becca stick foundation on top of the spots that need more concealing, apply the Becca loose powder and I look fresh and fabulous all day long. For this reason, I'm rating the LSC pretty high, even with my doubts.

I'm a bit torn about whether I'll repurchase once I've used up both the LSC and the other foundations I mix it with. LSC is very expensive, but at least it's saving money by allowing me to use up other foundations that otherwise might have been thrown away! I might try a cheaper TM next time and see if it works as well as the Becca.