Becca Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Persea Gratissima (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables), Talc, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Myristate, Kaolin, Cocoglycerides, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Parfum. May contain: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 7 CI 15850.

on 2/8/2006 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am very very happy with this product. I'm not a high makeup girl - don't usually wear foundation. I was looking for a product that would even out my skin tone - just bring the two ends of spectrum together a little. I wanted some of my natural coloring and imperfections to show though, but just be reduced. I looked at all sort of tinted moisturizers and then when I tried this - I just smeared in on and my hear skipped a beat. It was so smooth and seemed to meld right into my face and suddenly I looked luminous! But still like me! I experimented with the shades and thought Cashmere was right (I'm FFF with yellow undertones slightly dominated by pink overtones, blue eyes and a few freckles). But Sephora was sold out. So I drove off to Nordie's and tried Cashmere and Sand and ended up with Sand all over my face but buying Cashmere. But on the drive home in bright bright sunlight I caught a glimpse of my neck in the review mirror where I had smeared a big streak of Cashmere - it was bright orange! It looked like that old lady with miles of orange powder on her face look. I turned the car right around and switched it for Sand. Sand is similar on me but some of the harsh orange tones are replaced by yellowy tones. It's not a perfect match but better. The only problem I've found with this is that it can ball up into rubbery bits if I blend too much with one pump (so I now mix it with my moisturizer before application - sorry BECCA!) and the smell is weird - off-waxy-stale-perfumey-sunscreeny. I'm so so happy with this!

on 2/4/2006 5:26:00 PM

This foundation is extremely light and sheer, but still manages to give good coverage. You can see your own skin, like freckles, but with concealer and a touch more foundation you can successfully cover blemishes. I wouldn't rebuy because of the price. But you get a lot, and a little goes a long way, so you wouldn't have to repurchase for a long time!

on 2/2/2006 12:42:00 PM

Although I like the color range and the spf, this didn't last long on me and I found I had to touch up with powder many many times.

on 1/26/2006 7:13:00 PM

Oh my gosh i LOVE BECCA LUMINOUS SKIN COLOUR!!! This is more like a tinted moisturiser than a foundation because its so sheer but that doesnt matter because your skin as a result looks AMAZING!!! It covers redness and evens out your skin while giving it a beautiful, dewy glow - love that! With just a spot of Becca concealer on top and under eyes you will look so great - ever since I started using Becca I've been recieving compliments on how nice my skin looks, I kid you not! I SWEAR BY BECCA PRODUCTS!!!! The consistency is great sheer but doesnt make my skin go beserk and plus with its moisturising properties and SPF 20 i just love it more!! Its very economical because one pump covers the whole face - I WOULD DEFINITELY REPURCHASE!!!!

this is so greasy & it smells horrible. i wanted to love it so bad b/c i'm usually into the sheer look, but there is no way this product is getting near my skin ever again. it felt like i was applying slightly pigmented vegetable oil all over my face. ughh. i don't understand how it has a 4.0 rating b/c i would give it a 0 if i could. horrible, horrible stuff. & it's not like i just got some bad product b/c i got the wrong color the 1st time, so i went back & got a different one, hoping it was just my one bottle that was rancid or something, but no, that is the actual way it's supposed to be. continued >>

on 12/31/2005 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

TYhis is gonna be on odd review but id give it a 3and a half. The problems with me not the luminous skin....HA it sounds like im breaking up with sum1. But my own fault, site clearly stated undertones and once again becca was another line of foundation that didnt recognise that my DDD skin had golden undertones. Tried it, was great in artificial light and red in daylight (ummm...good for red nose day?). But credit to Becca stayed on all day was light but probly lighter the i intended which is my fault, it is clearly not marketed as a foundation foundation more for just evening skin tone. Ver liquid and moisturising but oily girls dont be scared, a touch of loose powder and this should stay ON AND CONTROL OILYS TO AN ACCEPTABLE LEVEL. No need for any1 to moisturise with this i dont think and really seemed to brighten up my skin in artificial light that is.
Must state once more that this is unlikely to conceal jack but still worth it for a really natural look if youncan get your colour and they can match most people, and if you dont like the feel of layers on your skin.
Hope this was helpful.x

on 12/23/2005 4:40:00 PM

I recently aquired this product, so I can't vouche on its irritability. However, so far my skin has remained clear. Like the other review suggested, this is not a foundation. It scores very poorly on coverage and high on its protective qualities. Becca's philosophy is that of beautiful natural skin, and they acheive this with this product. I love the SPF 20 which I think comes from the titanium dioxide. The product moists the skin when it is applied, so I don't have to bother with moisturizer. I have slightly dry skin and this works perfectly. The packaging is great too - it comes with a pump to keep things sanitized and easy to apply.

on 12/16/2005 12:25:00 AM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

I really like this product, and have recommended it to many of my clients - who have been thrilled with it.

Problem I am seeing with most ratings on this is that people are considering it a foundation. It really isn't. It's a light tinted moisturizer, with SPF. And some here are saying that the system didn't work for them (LSC, Stick Foundation & Powder) because they didn't get enough coverage. There is another option that is discussed on Becca's site in more detail.

If you have very oily skin, use the Mattifying Primer then either the LSC or Stick Foundation, then use a touch of the Concealer, then powder. I like the Concealer better for those who need more coverage, as it has 2 formulas in the compact - basic concealer and extra coverage concealer.

If you are interested in buying LSC, then read through the website and understand what you are buying. It's a great product, but it may not be the right product for everyone!

on 12/13/2005 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I hate most foundations, and three of my friends told me to try this "instead." While the packaging is very nice - I like the matte glass bottle - and the range of colors is impressive, this stuff just turned my T-zone into a puddle of oil by mid-morning. I imagine it's great for dryer skins that just need a little smoothing and SPF, but for me: not enough coverage and waaaay too greasy.

on 12/6/2005 4:44:00 PM

I live in the desert where it is either hot and dry or cold and dry. My skin is very fair and sensitive, but evenly textured, and I was looking for foundation that provided light coverage and moisture, with decent sunscreen. I bought Becca in Sand and loved it immediately. It is easy to apply and blends beautifully. Set with powder, it makes my skin look healthy even when I've been skipping sleep and over-indulging in coffee. I like the pump so I can keep the product fresh and bacteria free. I think the packaging is sturdy and functional, as it has spent a great deal of time traveling with me in my backpack with no mess or spillage.

I do have a couple of issues with it. When I moved to England for a school term, the humidity threw my skin into chaos and I had to purchase a heavier powder to set this foundation effectively. I also get little lumps of product because it sets up in the pump between uses. This is not a major problem as I just flick them out, and I think the benefits of protecting the product from bacteria transfer is worth this minor inconvenience.

The best thing for me is that this product provides me with protection from the sun and also from things like pollution and the drying effects of air conditioning. I am a convert. I love Becca and have repurchased this foundation.