September 23, 2014 | 1794 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by donnahsueh

This is SUCH a great investment for a dollar! It keeps my brow hair in place all day without making it feel gross and stiff. I know one side is for lashes but I just use both for my brows and I find them to work the same. Honestly, all brow gels work the same for me I've tried the Anastasia one and I really don't see a huge different with the ELF one. And come on, it's only a dollar. You can't go wrong with that. LOVE THIS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

too all the girls & boys spending a fortune on clear brow gels or clear mascaras- QUIT NOW & GO BUY THIS! This duo is absolutely fabulous for so many reason esp the price and performance. Dont let the $1 price tag fool you- it works wonders!
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- This duo ended mascara/gel is only $1!! yes $1 no matter where you pick it up. It can be found on ELF website eyeslipsface or Target.ive also seen them at Dollar Trees, Dollar General, Big Lots, Sears Grand, Klingensmiths. ive seen this a few places but generally always at Target or site. But no matter where, it was always $1
FORMULA- this duo has two sides, a clear mascara side as well as a brow gel side. i find both sides will work for either job- they are both great. the brow gel side is great for setting your brows in place after using a powder to fill your brows in or as i use it, alone for just running the wand thru to make my brows look polished or like they belong like that. it dont leave a glossy like since at first they will be a tad glossy due to the formula but once dried, nothing can be seen, its invisible. And the clear mascara side is great for using to define lashes and lift them without using say a brown or black. it makes it look very natural but defined. lifts and defines very well. i like using it alot when i want a really natural look (rarely but some occasions call for it) but i think the only slight difference i can tell is well maybe the mascara may be a tad bit of a thinner consistency but for real its so hard to see the diff between the two that sometimes i use either side for either job. they both do great for whatever u use it for. what clear mascara or brow gel is also great for is if you need something for glitter to stick to but dont want to go out to buy an adhedsive for a one time thing- try this but also can be used to mix with powders or gels to make your own mascaras or gel liners. i think it would work. either way you use this- it works. my brows stay in place all day, with or w/out powders. and as a mascara it keeps my lashes looking nice & natural for hours.
PACKAGING- this is simple see thru hard plastic. its a skinny tube. its almost like a pencil but a big thick chunky pencil. this duo comes w/ two sides- both sides get the same amount of product since they are divided by a hard plastic piece where you will twist open or close each side. both sides have a traditional bristle hair wand. the brow side has a smaller size wand that ends is flat. the mascara has a slight more rounded edge to it. each one is small enough for precision to get smaller areas but big enough for definition. i love the wands. simple & easy to use. they are labeled on the plastic connecting piece so you will see which side is what. its simple and convienent will def slip into pocket or in any travel bag. slim so storage is simple and wont take up much room at all.
pverall i think everyone should have this for moments when clear gel or mascara is needed. i do have full brows that dont need filled in of any type but i do love to use this gel to put them in their place. they instantly lift my brows & make em look so much better! i love it even after i thought i wouldnt need something like this- i was WRONG! this is fab and def worth the $1! it will last you many uses and i def will repurchase even though i already have bought a backup. whats nice is if you run out of the brow side first, the mascara side will work just fine on the brows. great multitasker
ie

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by avahni

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy cow, ladies. I am absolutely thrilled to have this in my makeup collection. The main reason I bought it was because of the very low price ($1) at Target. I wasn't expecting any super amazing and just decided to use it if I needed it for my weirdly shaped eyebrows. I tried the mascara side and was absolutely blown away! It gave my lashes so much separation and definition. Usually my eyelashes get all clumped together but the mascara just did it for me. I now use it for a primer for my black mascara and it gives me so much control and my eyelashes look incredible. I feel like my eyelashes are these flowers that petals have bloomed to the so long and beautiful.

The brow gel however, was so difficult to shape my eyebrows with. It takes a lot of time to get them shaped because I feel like there is too much gel on the brow brush even if I try getting off the excess.

But overall, I am stricken with love.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by ashleycee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product on a whim, not really expecting much. If I were reviewing just the mascara portion, let's just say my rating would be a lot lower. I completely stopped using the mascara side. But the eyebrow side really impressed me. It keeps my eyebrows perfectly in place from the time I put it on, to the next time I wash my face. I've been saving tons of money on waxing now that I've come across this little gem. It's amazing!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I usually use Maybelline Great Lash clear on my brows and lashes. It helps them grow while I sleep. I also find that my lashes don't do this weird bend, as they normally do, if I use it at night. I was looking for a cheaper version and found E.L.F's. This ends up drying into a crusty substance. I applied it at night and while it's awesome for brows if you want to keep them in one spot, it's not for lashes. Especially waking up to both the bottom & top lashes stuck together from this product. Since it was a $1 I did end up just tossing it.

5/18/13 update: I still won't use this. I re-tried it at one point since it's so cheap. I like cheap products that work. This won't work though. It seems to but once it dries it's just a flaky mess. It makes me look like I have dandruff in my eyebrows.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by wynterxhale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this for my eyebrows, it keeps them perfectly in place. It works fine for my lashes when I dont feel like putting effort to my eyes, because it's a gel, it makes my lashes a bit darker,

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by karen1245

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product retails for $1.00 USD. So this is ELF’s version of clear brow gel which also functions as clear mascara for your eyebrows. This is a dual ended product with two spoolies (one for eyebrows the other of eyelashes). The product is a clear gel, though I believe it’s the same product! As a Brow Gel I find this gel helpful in keeping my brows put. This is definitely a cheaper alternative to Anastasia’s Clear Brow Gel (retails $20 USD). Though once you already filled your brows and applied the brow gel, you’ll pick up some of your brow product and ‘contaminate’ the rest of your brow gel in the container as soon as you put the spoolie back. [The product I have in the tube is now tinted brown gel now.] Using this product as a brow gel I didn’t find that the gel did anything. I applied the gel by itself and prior to mascara application, it did nothing for my eyelashes. Applying the gel only to my eyelash didn’t help me to keep my lashes curled. And as well applying it after mascara application only helped to tint the gel darker. I would use this product as a brow gel. I wouldn’t say this gel is the greatest. But for $1, why not?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by ArtSmartzGirl

I love this product so much! Its really good for only a dollar and gels actually work. I use mainly the brow gel everyday to keep my brows in place, but the mascara works just as well. The brushes on the doublesided wand work really well. A really great product for only a dollar and I would definately buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by katyeridao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

great eyebrow gel, and at only $1! i have to be careful as to not use too much on one brow, or it will look strange/oily... eyelash side doesn't really have a purpose.. definitely recommend, and you can use both sides for your eyebrows!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by SlantySlanty

This is a great product for my eyebrows because it keeps them tamed and in place for the whole day. I don't really use it on my eyelashes since it doesn't seem to do much other than make them shinier. I use both ends on my eyebrows and I gladly repurchase every time both ends of the tube runs out. The only con is the fact that it does give minor blemishes/pimples on the ends of eyebrows (this is because of the wands), but that can easily go away with some tea-tree oil.