September 19, 2014 | 1871 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Um....WOW!!! Not much I can add to prior reviews, but IME: I usually can keep chapped lips at bay w/ Blistex or Chapstick or the like - last week, for whatever reason, nothing was working (not Vaseline, Aquaphor, coconut oil - nothing) and my lips were REALLY chapped and sore. In addition, my cuticles also decided to get really dry (again nothing helped) = I was rather miserable. Came across this review and thought to myself - no way...well YES WAY!! Got myself over to Target, bought a tube and (I still cannot believe this) overnight relief for both problems!!! 2 nights = problems solved!!! I have removed all other lip and hand tx from my nightstand! :)

It is VERY thick which is why I will probably only use overnight and I do wear gloves when using on my cuticles.

Whodathunk??? Yet another gem found via MUA!! Thank you ladies!!!

PS - my DH saw this tube and TOTALLY freaked out - no honey, I don't have any big newsflash to share! :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

This was yet another product I stumbled onto by accident on this sometimes-dangerous site we so love. MUA has yet to fail me - this came at a time we really needed it in the household.

When I was breastfeeding my second baby, I refused to apply anything to my extremely sore and painful nipples, so I never tried Lansinoh for that. I wish I had, though, because if it works as well for cracked nipples as it does for chapped lips (which makes this holy grail in our house now), I might have been saved from a couple of months of sheer pain.

My eight year old son is prone to chapped lips, and to make it worse, he licks his lips. During our cold Canadian winters, there's little I can do for him, other than to urge him to stop licking, leave a tube of Chapstick in his coat pocket and remind him to drink more water. The poor thing has looked like he has a third lip - the chapping has been that bad, that red.

Lansinoh to the rescue. This is very, very thick and waxy; it almost has the texture of stick glue. In a cold house, it's even worse. It can be difficult to squeeze it out of the tube, but it never hardens - it just takes some elbow grease to get it out. But boy, does it ever work. Overnight, this heals the lips fully. I can't go without this at night now, and my little guy is so grateful he no longer suffers from "third lip." Can't recommend this enough. It's a little pricier than Aquaphor, which I still use (but only during the day), but there's quite a bit of product and I can see it lasting a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product based on reviews here and elsewhere. It is a thick, very thick gel which is hard to squeeze out of the tube, and it is a bit pricey, but the results are great. I use some on my cuticles and lips each night before bed, then appy Aquaphor over them, and no cracked or chapped or split fingers or lips thus far this winter. It's been very cold and very dry here where I live, and it's been wet and cold as well and so the skin gets quite a workout trying to figure out what to do.

I've read that folks who grew up in intensely cold regions (which I did) develop cracks in cuticles more easily than those from temperate zones, and so now I'm not just thinking these cracked areas will get better and be gone. I work with my hands and at times these cuticle cracks are painful. Lansinoh heals them quickly, and probably is preventative too. I ought to mention that if one is lanolin-sensitive, then this product is not for you.

The stuff can be warmed to make it more viscous but I'm too lazy to do it so I just use my fingers to work it into the areas where it does such wonderful healing.

Definite re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by DeadNinjaPixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After reading the reviews I really wanted to get this product. Unfortunately it was almost $9.00 but I figured since everyone said it's so great I'd buy it. I could care less about the packaging. I like that it lasts a long time and adds a bit of shine. What I don't like is that my lips are still chapped in some places. It worked better for me in the beginning and now it doesn't seem to work as well. It's still the best thing that I found so far. It does make my lips softer and keeps them hydrated but I still have a couple of dry rough spots.Overall I like this product and will continue to buy it unless I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by ivette1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was told about this awesome product by some lovely ladies here, I used it for it's original purpose, then on a particularly cold day I found myself without my chapstick, so i reached into the diaperbag and squeezed a bit out and put it on, OMGoodness, this lasted until the next day! I'm never looking back, this stuff is great, a little pricey but totally worth it since a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by A9M8L

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only thing that works for my super dry lips.....I started using retin-a and also because its wintertime my lips have been crazy dry, and painful. I kinda wish they had this in like a little travel tube or something, possibly something that doesn't say 'for breastfeeding mothers' because i would love to keep a tube on my desk at work, but am a little embarassed to have that out.....i have some in a little plastic container, but it would be so convenient to have it in a little tube. oh well.....this stuff is just too good to complain about!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Love this product. I've been using it for years. When I had my son 7 years ago, I used it for it's original purpose for about a year or so. Then a friend told me to try it on my lips, elbows, knees... basically anywhere that needed a little extra TLC. I was hooked. I live in Texas, so it's really only ever dry/cold 2 months out of the year, but I have eczema on my hands and this stuff is my saving grace. I put it on at night and then wear gloves. I honestly couldn't live without this. I keep a couple of tubes in the house and small jars in all of the travel cases.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Well, sign my name to the believers. I bought my 1st tube very sceptically but after the first few times, my lips were still hydrated the next morning. This stuff is not greasy but more waxy but it goes on and stays on. I also use it on my cuticles. It's hard to get out toward the last but worth the effort. Thanks to all who turned me onto this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 2:50:00 AM More reviews by ashjmcc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. Bought it a year ago during my journey to find the best lip balm. For years I was using Aquaphor but last winter my lips cracked so badly I found by morning my lips were dry again after the night application and still cracked. Then I found Lasinoh! I was browsing Walgreen's late night for balms and stumbled across it. I thought eh, what the heck. Fixed my lips within a couple of days and was back to good. Fell off from use during the summer then during this fall my lips cracked again. I forgot about the Lansinoh and was using Aquaphor again to no use. Then I remembered this and tore my house upside down to find it. Fixed my lips again! This time I will not forget about it. Thick consistency, nothing quite I can compare it to. No smell or taste. After its warmed up on lips has a super smooth texture. I'm thinking of emptying out a couple of those Clinique eye cream sample containers that come in the gift with purchase so I can carry it around in my purse. Also, sometimes I add pure vitamin E oil to the Lasinoh when my lips are super bad and raw and I feel it helps them heal up faster. God send!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by streetsofyourtown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product cares for my lips better than any I have come across. I have used a wide variety, moving from Vaseline and Lucas Pawpaw to Lipsmackers, Nivea balms, Palmer's lip butter, Blistex, Carmex, Chapstick and a range of "natural" balms (Yes to Carrots, Suvana etc). These worked to varying degrees of efficiency but I was far from satisfied with any.

Since I began using Lansinoh many months ago, my lips have cracked perhaps twice, and not at all seriously. This is a vast improvement from before! They feel softer, smoother and are, surprisingly, definitely plumper and pinker. I'm not sure how this is possible, but I assume it's just the result of my lips being adequately moisturised (although it could be a slight allergic reaction). I should note that my lips sometimes feel dry, slightly burny and uncomfortable underneath this product, despite not actually drying out. This is quite annoying so I sometimes apply a drop of oil (olive, jojoba or macadamia) before the Lansinoh.

Lansinoh IS sticky, and wearing it on a windy day does cause my hair- and goodness knows what else- to stick to my lips, but I have otherwise grown used to it.

I also use Lansinoh to help heal sores/pimples without flaking.

I have repurchased several times, buying three 7g tubes ($6 each) before committing to a 56g tube ($20). For convenient (and potentially less embarrassing!) transport I transfer product from this tube into a small MAC tester jar, which is perfect.