Kiss My Face Olive Oil Soap

3.7

Not tested on animals

Saponified Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid (a natural pH balance)

on 8/31/2003 11:04:00 PM

As I was running out of my regular facial cleanser, I purchased a block of Olive & Herbal Soap today. I hesitate to be negative about it, as I've just started using it...my complaint isn't even about the suds or the color, but the fact it seems to leave my combination skin somewhat dry and tight! It left me wondering where the moisturizing olive oil bit was. Other than that, I do like the smell and the way it cleans my face (maybe just a little too well). Perhaps I'll report back on this after a longer use...

on 7/16/2003 12:43:00 PM

I thiught this soap was ok, kinda takes alot to get a nice lather and the color is awful. The smell is ok but it did nothing special for my skin. I probebly will not buy this agian.

on 6/22/2003 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I used this soap for a long time. It's a huge bar, and lasts a long time, although it does get a bit gloppy. It feels very natural, like something that would appeal to a "granola" type, and it doesn't under-clean or over-clean the skin. You can even use it on your face. I finally just got bored with it. It doesn't smell particularly dreamy, and the color can be frightening. (As Chandler5 said, it can make your shower appear as though you puked all over.)

on 6/11/2003 12:32:00 PM

I have been using the KMF Olive Oil Soaps for a long time , & have found them to be among the best...They are completely healthy & natural, unlike most commercial soaps made up of chemicals & harsh detergents...They are so moisturizing, leave skin very smooth--it does take some time to adjust to them...They can be kind of slimy, & can leave residue in your tub...& the scent is very bland & natural smelling...But this soap is a quality product, especially for the low price (try Drugstore.com)...Definitely reccommend to those w/ normal/dry/sensitive/ ANY skin type ...Try it.

I like the cleaning effect of this soap on my face, however, the melting away of the bar and the mess it causes ( I keep it in a soap holder case) will make me not repurchase this product. It would be great if the could make this into a cream type cleanser in a bottle. What a mess ! Such a mess that I threw the bar out at the half way point.

on 5/30/2003 10:28:00 PM

I have purchased this soap several times. The bar is large and lasts a long time if you keep it in the proper soap dish. If not it gets gloppy and gross. The color takes getting used to. It is a really ugly pukey brown color. It does keep my skin nice and soft however. I also like that it does not have a heavy fragrance. I can get out of the shower and use a fragrance without clashing with this soap. I like it.

on 5/29/2003 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I did not like this soap at all. I thought the smell was terrible and the dark color of the soap left a residue in the soap dish that was revolting.

on 5/8/2003 5:42:00 AM

I bought the Olive Oil and Honey soap. It makes me skin very soft. My whole bathroom smells so nice from this soap. I will buy it again.
It doesn't lather much, but who cares?! Lather is just mainly from strong detergents that can dry your skin.
Nice soap for a low price.

on 3/23/2003 1:14:00 PM

This soap comes in two sizes, 4oz. and 8oz. bars, both of which don't cost an exorbitant amount. They clean skin well and have a faintly sweet, very clean 'natural' aroma to them. Primarily made of saponified olive oil, it does take some work to rinse off (just use warmer water) but it leaves skin very smoothed and moisturized. Comes in five 'types,' plain, w/aloe, w/herbs (ivy, calendula, thyme), w/chamomile and w/honey. Use a good, draining soapdish with these, if they're wet they tend to melt and get sloppy. I'd buy again, since I use these when I'm not in the mood for lots of fragrance.

on 1/4/2003 12:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This soap could have been so much better. It not a bad soap, really, it just needs to have a better formula. As a plain soap, it didn't lather as much as I like and I had a hard time rinsing it off. Plus, my shower looked like it had thrown up because the soap liquified and dribbled all over the place. The only I would buy this again is if they improved it big-time.