September 1, 2014 | 2239 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Sunshineyaaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing but very, very expensive at $140.00 an ounce. It is a thick, soothing cream that hydrates better then any other product on the market, IMO. You need to take a very small amount and rub it between your fingers to warm it up and then apply to your face and neck. This is the ONLY moisturizer that does not sting my eyes. I swear that using this product has kept me wrinkle free and I will be 40 years old this year. If you prefer a very light moisturizer, this one wouldn't be for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by roxanabanana

tried few weeks ago and this cream is a joke!first of,has MINERAL OIL IN!full of other oils tht arent good for combination or oily skin,but thats something else..but has so much bad stuff in it..u an find this at £3 not fricking 110..what a joke of cream,doesnt deserves even a lippy..AND IT BROKE ME OUT BADLY

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by kwallis88

I hate the packaging and find this product way to rich for my skin. I don't think this product is anything special, especially for the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by princesskitty21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mom told me that she found out on a Russian forum that La Mer is actually repackaged German Nivea, which is why the ingredients are so hard to find. I found where to buy the German version of Nivea and compared the two. My verdict: it's true, they are just about the same product! If you miss the "amazing smell," just go buy Nivea and sniff it to your heart's content. Please do not buy into the claims made by this company! It's a scam, as are most high-end brands of makeup that are run by the same companies making drugstore makeup.

16 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by kokolani

i've used this cream off and on. it takes barely any and then you warm it up in your hand and pat it on to avoid slathering what feels like crisco on your face. all in all i think it really helps repair very dry dehydrated spots on the face but over time can contribute to acne for me. i keep a tiny bit around to help in a dry skin emergency but never use it regularly. i'm just not dry enough and i think maybe the algae or some of the other ingredients can clog pores. i think for some people it might be much better, and many of my friends swear by it. but in my experience it's not a bad product just not really for me and not worth the high price tag.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mmmm...I fell for the hype and bought this...love the jar but the cream isn't anything special..def not worth the price tag.
I disliked the cream so much, I decanted some lip balm into it and threw the rest away.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by smmalloy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and have been using it at the gym, and maybe it's because I can't dig a small amount out of the jar with my fingers (no applicator in my gym bag) but I HATE this stuff. It's hard to apply and when it's finally on, it feels like a heavy, greasy mess. If I hadn't already been handling it I'd put it up for swap. Ås it is, I'll probably end up using it as a lip balm or cuticle cream. For the record, my skin is dry and sensitive but in pretty good shape for my age; and my fave night cream is BB Intensive Overnight. Goes on nicely, feels good, makes my skin look good, smells like lavendar, and is a fraction of the price of this--IMO--overhyped product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by su1717ie

I have oily but dehydrated skin type. Read so much comments about the original creme de la mer .. About how it is too rich for oily skin types but apparently this wonderful product helps control the oil on my face and definitely helps moisturise my cheeks .. tried the moisturising gel creme for 3 weeks but it doesn't suit me thus was given a sample of the original creme de la mer to try. Can see the difference on the first application. Their sale staff even offered a full exchange from moisturising gel creme to original creme de la mer. This is definitely my HG !

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by thejemma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Upon using this product for my sensitive skin; recovering from many acne treatments I found that it deeply hydrated and soothed my irritated skin. I use this product every other day as I find that it can cause very small very mild spots to appear as it is so deeply conditioning. I recommend this before bed time not in the day as it can be quite thick underneath makeup.
Overall I would purchase this again as my skin has reacted very well to it without any redness or blotches which i would usually develop with any other moisturizers.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by crystalized128

Bought this because i wanted to see what all the hype was about...
pros---
nice smell
great on sensite skin
if you order from the website, comes beautifully packed
made skin clearer, smoother and more radiant

cons---
very expensive
akward screwing lid on and off