October 31, 2014 | 957 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 5:32:00 AM More reviews by srpotu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only reason I don't give this a 5 is its high price. But honestly, for me it's worth it. It's very thick so a little bit goes a long way. I don't need to use it every night, and I usually only use it in the winter. I've tried drugstore substitutes, like Nivea, but there's nothing else so gentle AND effective, moisturizing without being oily. What really sold me on it was when I once got a really bad skin reaction to using retinol plus a random Korean serum - I think it may have had alpha hydroxy acids in it? Whatever the exact combo, it basically gave me a chemical peel. I'd never seen my skin like that - It was red, angry, peeling, irritated and crazy painful. It hurt even when I wasn't touching it. Creme de la mer was the ONLY thing that soothed it and brought it back to normal. I don't know how much it does for wrinkle prevention but it does leave my skin super soft and creamy-looking.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by BXsenorita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Way too expensive, it does do a great job I will give it that but ugh the fragrance from it irritated my nose A LOT I kept sneezing from it, it annoyed me more than anything. I got compliments that my skin looked nice but it was not worth the irritation. felt like my nose was going to start bleeding from all the sneezing I did. if it had a different fragrance that was not as strong or maybe no fragrance at all I would buy it but for now NO

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by spamspam098

I would give it a 2.5

The good:
-It does a good job protecting your skin in the winter and from flaking & dryness. Not many creams can provide consistent protection throughout the day.
-it gives your face a nice glow (shine).
-easy to apply sunscreen afterwards, doesn't ball up sunscreen like many other creams do.
-you only need a tiny bit of it each time
-you can use it around your eyes

The bad:
-it breaks me out a little if I use it consistently
-it's really expensive for what it does (Eucerin can probably do all of "the good")
-it has bad stuff as main ingredients (mineral oil/ petrolatum)
-it doesn't make your skin awesome like it promises, not much of a difference after consistent use (after which I break out)

The fact that I haven't touched my large jar of it in almost a year speaks volumes about how I feel about this. I simply have too many other good options that work to waste energy on creme de la mer. It's been relegated to my bf as a winter moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by mshin

I have been using creme de la mer for a while, and it has worked miracles on my skin. I used to have pretty bad acne, but after using this creme it has completely disappeared.
I have been taking a break (about 3-4 months) from this creme because it is very expensive and I wanted to try a different product/brand (like Kiehls or Olay) but they have all made my skin revert to its acne prone self :(
Although many people claim that this is very oily, it really is not that bad at all if you liquify it and apply properly. People may be used to putting a lot of lotion on their face because other products are not nearly as heavy as this cream, and may wrongly assume that they can use the same amount (or even half!). My mom went through this problem and her face used to be extremely oily, but now that she is using the proper amount, her skin is pleasantly dewy rather than oily.
I don't have a particularly small face (actually, quite the opposite) but I find that scooping out about half of my fingertip's worth of la mer is sufficient.
The one con I will say is that sometimes this creme is really difficult to melt in the winter time. I suggest dampening your hand in a little hot water and then proceeding to melt the la mer. It will really help! Just make sure your hand is not soaking wet otherwise you are actually diluting the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by scruffmuffin8u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased the 1 oz jar of CrŤme de la mer online in early December of 2011. I had used this product before almost four years ago when I was eighteen and using a lot of prescription acne medication such as Tazorac and Durac. At that time, I loved this product because it soothed and moisturized my irritated skin and was improving its appearance. After I had finished my acne medications, I found the cream a little heavy but that was okay because I had pretty much finished the jar. Since then, I have been using lighter moisturizers. I wanted to try this product again, hoping that it would make my skin feel the way it did when I first used it. I have combination/oily skin which is breakout prone and sensitive. I can say that after using this product for a few weeks I am not a fan and ended up returning it. First of all, Itís just too heavy for my skin type, and even though it was winter time, this left a shiny, greasy cast on my skin no matter how much or how little I used. I actually like the smell of this; it smells of roses which I find pleasant. Another thing that bothered me was that I believe it made me break out. I started developing those large painful pimples that donít come to a head they just get red, itchy and inflamed under the skin. Oddly enough, this made other parts of my skin look great and gave those areas that glow. This stuff is expensive, but for the little amount you use, I donít see it as too terrible. All in all, this didnít agree with my skin. If your skin isnít break out prone and you have the funds to continue to buy this product then I think that it will make you feel special and glamorous, but there are defiantly better skin creams out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by katchan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While waiting at the airport to board, I wasted some time at the duty free shop and impulsively purchased a jar of Creme de la Mer. I had heard so much about it over the years and have tested it at spas and department stores, but felt that it was too thick for my acne prone skin. I was wrong. The creme is thick, and it takes a lot to cover my whole face so it's going quite quickly, but it was the best thing for me to slather on before my long haul flight to Europe, and has been terrific during this cold weather at keeping my skin supple but not shiny. I may have to go for the lighter lotion when summer rolls around, but I'm totally sold on this cult classic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Sunshineyaaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing but very, very expensive at $140.00 an ounce. It is a thick, soothing cream that hydrates better then any other product on the market, IMO. You need to take a very small amount and rub it between your fingers to warm it up and then apply to your face and neck. This is the ONLY moisturizer that does not sting my eyes. I swear that using this product has kept me wrinkle free and I will be 40 years old this year. If you prefer a very light moisturizer, this one wouldn't be for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by roxanabanana

tried few weeks ago and this cream is a joke!first of,has MINERAL OIL IN!full of other oils tht arent good for combination or oily skin,but thats something else..but has so much bad stuff in it..u an find this at £3 not fricking 110..what a joke of cream,doesnt deserves even a lippy..AND IT BROKE ME OUT BADLY

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by kwallis88

I hate the packaging and find this product way to rich for my skin. I don't think this product is anything special, especially for the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by princesskitty21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mom told me that she found out on a Russian forum that La Mer is actually repackaged German Nivea, which is why the ingredients are so hard to find. I found where to buy the German version of Nivea and compared the two. My verdict: it's true, they are just about the same product! If you miss the "amazing smell," just go buy Nivea and sniff it to your heart's content. Please do not buy into the claims made by this company! It's a scam, as are most high-end brands of makeup that are run by the same companies making drugstore makeup.

16 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No