La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

on 6/30/2012 9:56:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Background:
I'm 27 Asian girl with normal-combination-dehydrated skin and few cystic acne due to hormonal imbalance. Some times if i use too rich cream, my skin would become oily but if use gel moisturiser my skin just go dehydrated even though i already put serum underneath. I have been using whole set skII for 5 years (well it cleared up my acne eventhough i have to be passion coz in the first 6 month the acne flared up but after that the skin just went smooth) but since last year been experienced dehydration with the skin. Winter in the sydney also doesnt help since the wind my skin more dehydrated and everytime i laugh i can feel my face as if being pulled & stretch.

I tried all skII products(from cellumination mask to skin to LXP cream), laneige, kiehls, dr hauschka (coz i saw a good review of it), estee lauder, decleor, rosehip oil, dr lewins, clarins, la prairie, shiseido, kose, egyptian cream, sbu uemura but the results were if not clogged up the pores then my skin just become more dehydrated then before..

Purpose of buying Creme de la mer Moisturizer:
Treating my dehydrated skin without have to slap 5-8 layers of products every morning and night (which is so common in asian products). I don't have any wrinkles yet so cant talk about that.

Review of the cream:
Yes it's expensive! I did have a thought that i must have been insane to buy this pot after reading the dailymail cost just £25 and have same ingredients with nivea. well, if you google there're also some bad reviews about it too. Oh, about nivea, i did try as well but it's more harder to spread and clogged up my pores. Anyway, back to Lamer, this cream has helped my dehydrated skin. This is the 4th day im using day and night. I use this after Clinique Clarifying Mild Lotion (I dont want to put alcohol during winter time since it'll caused the skin more drying and flared up acne. Also I don't want to use my SKII Clear lotion because i feel it makes my skin drier). All I could say that my skin starting to go back to its healthy state and i couldn't be more happier.
Well, if you want to try i would say give it a try..you wouldn't know if you dont try as everybody skin just different.it might not work for others but it might work for you =)
Will do some update if my skin goes bad ^__^

Review after 2months using it:
I love my skin more and more =) because this cream has bring life to my skin. I didn't experience clogged up the pores at all and i still used this while experienced cyst acne but it didn't make it worse. i noticed combine with vit c serum it help the pimple marks get lighter faster. Another thing that i found also my pitted scarring wasn't as deep as before. Overall, i found my skin quite hydrate and didnt experience flakiness while using this cream. My 30ml pot already go halfway after 2 month using day and night. So prob, I need to buy another pot after 2-3 months.

Review after 4months:
Sydney get into summer now eventhough sometimes still cold, windy & raining, my skin still dehydrated somehow...Also now im finding this creme too rich..Then one day i decided to get Emerge Laser to get rid of the scarring. Due to the clinic girl recommendation i use Dermalogica soothing pack set for a week before back to my normal skincare regime. So after a week, i back using this lamer creme..after a week i found my skin more dehydrated & red & raw & blotchy then i panicked coz u know the story behind this la mer was a NASA scientist who got into the lab accident then created this legendary creme who helped his skin and he died with smooth skin.Of course i got hight expectation and i was confuse because the fact was the creme doesnt work with my skin that have had a laser treatment...or probably it only work for scarring skin from chemical accident...i dont know...anyway i move on now to dermalogica product using the soothing toner, priori serum/lamer hydrating serum & multiactive cream and find my skin in its happier state now..plump, smooth , healthy& hydrate. While for la mer creme, it still half pot to go..so i'll keep it till winter come and if my skin dehydrated i will give it a try again...It's good to try but prob i wont stock it again..

on 6/22/2012 10:41:00 AM

This is definitely the most expensive cream I've ever bought, but it is too much for me...
I have combination skin, when I apply this it gives enough hydrate for my cheek but too much for my T-zone.
If you are around 20 and have combination skin, I wouldn't recommand this but you could try the gel one which I also want give a try.
This price is expensive and packaging is very good, the little jar is very very heavy and I love the design that you could put the little spoon under the box, but its too heavy for travel....

on 6/20/2012 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I started using this product to help fade my acne scars. It works wonderfully for that purpose. I am still suffering from acne and it does not cause me an breakouts which is amazing! My skin is very sensitive also and this does not irritate. The only thing I don't love is after about 7 months of use I noticed it wasn't hydrating as much.(could even be the weather or another product) but I noticed my skin was getting dry so now I rotate this with neurogena soothing cream which works great too. I give this 5 stars because I will continue to buy and use this. I've tried the serums by la mer also but didn't notice too much difference.

on 6/15/2012 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've had La Mer in my closet for over 6 months, but never used it! I think the first time I tried it, I thought it was thick, didn't absorb and made me too oily, the only thing I liked was the fragrance. However I decided to take it with me on holiday as my skin was getting a bit dry and thought I'll use it if my skin was too parched from being in the sun too long. I was in Mauritius for two solid weeks and I used it every night and morning instead of my regular moisturisers underneath sunblock and on its own at night (Ive always used skin ceuticals skin firming cream for night and md formulations anti-oxidant gel for the day). I applied the cream using the the right method, warm between the fingers and press firmly on my face, eyes and neck. I instantly felt refreshed and smooth, I loved the scent. After two weeks of continuous use I could say my skin is visibly brighter, even toned and very hydrated. The creme costs a bomb but I was definitely loving it so got one more jar at Dubai duty free! I continued to use it as I got back from holiday and I can truly say its keeping my skin very dewy, even toned and perfect for make up application. I love it! I will never be without it. I'm chucking my other moisturisers in the closet, just in case.

on 6/3/2012 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is crap.

You people who say "This is my HG...blah blah blah..." are seriously crazy.

This stuff is around $140 for 1 oz!

Yes, you heard that right!

One of the first ingredients is Mineral Oil!
It has nothing special in it!
Its rating is a 3.5, 55% will buy again!
3.5 out of 5 is 70 out of 100.
Your paying 140 dollars for less than a C product

I suggest (strongly) switching to Nature's Gate- Oh what a Night cream

Its phenominal for a tenth of the price.

on 5/27/2012 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted this cream to work for me especially based on all the rave reviews.
This cream just sat on my skin and really didn't do anything for me… followed the directions by warming the cream first etc.
I used the moisturizer at night and lotion during the day.. no glow, no results… its really too bad.
Disappointed I was wandering the counters for a new cream and I fell on the Darphin brand.. Never heard of the this brand.
I was given enough samples to last 2 weeks and let me tell you I instantly noticed a difference! Really the next morning and since then my skin has been glowing, soft, moisturized.. Must try girls~
I have been using the tangerine Aromatic Dry Oil with Arovita C firming cream WOW

on 5/18/2012 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This moisturizer is absolutely phenomenal. I thought the mineral oil in this product would clog my acne-prone, severely sensitive skin, but it did just the opposite. I was expecting to wake up the next morning with a face full of pimples, but instead I had glowing, clearer skin with shrunken pores!!! I LOVE this moisturizer!! Someone very special to me gave this to me for my 23rd birthday, and I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to try this product. I'm in love!

I wish I didn't have to scoop the product out with a spatula very single time, risking contamination from the particles in the air, but I make sure I NEVER allow my fingers of go anywhere near the jar or the lid itself.

on 5/6/2012 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the creme de la mer, since nothing seems to work for me. It felt heavy but didn't break me out. But I did notice some little bumps on my skin. It did reduce the pore size and made my skin smoother. But if u are looking for something with anti aging properties and repair any damages this will not do so much for ur skin. There are many good choices out there with great anti aging ingredients.

on 5/3/2012 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

La No. I tried this in my late twenties and now that I've entered my forties. Same effect now as then. Greasy, dehydrated skin with an overall feeling of irritation. If you don't have particularly dry or sensitive skin, this may work well for your skin. Just didn't do it for me.

I had been very wary of the 'miraculous' claims made for and on behalf of this product, so tried a sample pot three years ago with low expectations. Unfortunately for my wallet, I was immediately hooked. I have reasonable skin (on the dry side now, can be a little sensitive but pore size and overall texture not too bad), and this product had an immediate smoothing and nourishing effect which left it with a very discernible dewy 'glow'. This has not diminished with continuous use, unlike many other products I've used where you need to take a break after a year or so.

It's fantastic for winter use, when constant temperature switches and the dehydrating effects of central heating can wreak havoc, though can be a little heavy for daytime summer use when heat and humidity can tend to make you 'glow' anyway. I'm planning to switch to the Lotion just for summer, should it ever stop raining in the UK and warm up a bit.

I was less impressed with the Eye Cream and will probably go back to Shiseido Future Solution for eyes (my previous all-time favourite regime), but the Hydrating Serum has also impressed me and I will probably continue to buy it, god help me. It is undoubtedly a shamefully overpriced product, and I almost hate the fact that I've been seduced by it, but I have been.