September 21, 2014 | 1816 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by mshin

I have been using creme de la mer for a while, and it has worked miracles on my skin. I used to have pretty bad acne, but after using this creme it has completely disappeared.
I have been taking a break (about 3-4 months) from this creme because it is very expensive and I wanted to try a different product/brand (like Kiehls or Olay) but they have all made my skin revert to its acne prone self :(
Although many people claim that this is very oily, it really is not that bad at all if you liquify it and apply properly. People may be used to putting a lot of lotion on their face because other products are not nearly as heavy as this cream, and may wrongly assume that they can use the same amount (or even half!). My mom went through this problem and her face used to be extremely oily, but now that she is using the proper amount, her skin is pleasantly dewy rather than oily.
I don't have a particularly small face (actually, quite the opposite) but I find that scooping out about half of my fingertip's worth of la mer is sufficient.
The one con I will say is that sometimes this creme is really difficult to melt in the winter time. I suggest dampening your hand in a little hot water and then proceeding to melt the la mer. It will really help! Just make sure your hand is not soaking wet otherwise you are actually diluting the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by scruffmuffin8u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased the 1 oz jar of CrŤme de la mer online in early December of 2011. I had used this product before almost four years ago when I was eighteen and using a lot of prescription acne medication such as Tazorac and Durac. At that time, I loved this product because it soothed and moisturized my irritated skin and was improving its appearance. After I had finished my acne medications, I found the cream a little heavy but that was okay because I had pretty much finished the jar. Since then, I have been using lighter moisturizers. I wanted to try this product again, hoping that it would make my skin feel the way it did when I first used it. I have combination/oily skin which is breakout prone and sensitive. I can say that after using this product for a few weeks I am not a fan and ended up returning it. First of all, Itís just too heavy for my skin type, and even though it was winter time, this left a shiny, greasy cast on my skin no matter how much or how little I used. I actually like the smell of this; it smells of roses which I find pleasant. Another thing that bothered me was that I believe it made me break out. I started developing those large painful pimples that donít come to a head they just get red, itchy and inflamed under the skin. Oddly enough, this made other parts of my skin look great and gave those areas that glow. This stuff is expensive, but for the little amount you use, I donít see it as too terrible. All in all, this didnít agree with my skin. If your skin isnít break out prone and you have the funds to continue to buy this product then I think that it will make you feel special and glamorous, but there are defiantly better skin creams out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by katchan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While waiting at the airport to board, I wasted some time at the duty free shop and impulsively purchased a jar of Creme de la Mer. I had heard so much about it over the years and have tested it at spas and department stores, but felt that it was too thick for my acne prone skin. I was wrong. The creme is thick, and it takes a lot to cover my whole face so it's going quite quickly, but it was the best thing for me to slather on before my long haul flight to Europe, and has been terrific during this cold weather at keeping my skin supple but not shiny. I may have to go for the lighter lotion when summer rolls around, but I'm totally sold on this cult classic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Sunshineyaaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing but very, very expensive at $140.00 an ounce. It is a thick, soothing cream that hydrates better then any other product on the market, IMO. You need to take a very small amount and rub it between your fingers to warm it up and then apply to your face and neck. This is the ONLY moisturizer that does not sting my eyes. I swear that using this product has kept me wrinkle free and I will be 40 years old this year. If you prefer a very light moisturizer, this one wouldn't be for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by roxanabanana

tried few weeks ago and this cream is a joke!first of,has MINERAL OIL IN!full of other oils tht arent good for combination or oily skin,but thats something else..but has so much bad stuff in it..u an find this at £3 not fricking 110..what a joke of cream,doesnt deserves even a lippy..AND IT BROKE ME OUT BADLY

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by kwallis88

I hate the packaging and find this product way to rich for my skin. I don't think this product is anything special, especially for the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by princesskitty21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mom told me that she found out on a Russian forum that La Mer is actually repackaged German Nivea, which is why the ingredients are so hard to find. I found where to buy the German version of Nivea and compared the two. My verdict: it's true, they are just about the same product! If you miss the "amazing smell," just go buy Nivea and sniff it to your heart's content. Please do not buy into the claims made by this company! It's a scam, as are most high-end brands of makeup that are run by the same companies making drugstore makeup.

16 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by kokolani

i've used this cream off and on. it takes barely any and then you warm it up in your hand and pat it on to avoid slathering what feels like crisco on your face. all in all i think it really helps repair very dry dehydrated spots on the face but over time can contribute to acne for me. i keep a tiny bit around to help in a dry skin emergency but never use it regularly. i'm just not dry enough and i think maybe the algae or some of the other ingredients can clog pores. i think for some people it might be much better, and many of my friends swear by it. but in my experience it's not a bad product just not really for me and not worth the high price tag.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mmmm...I fell for the hype and bought this...love the jar but the cream isn't anything special..def not worth the price tag.
I disliked the cream so much, I decanted some lip balm into it and threw the rest away.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by smmalloy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and have been using it at the gym, and maybe it's because I can't dig a small amount out of the jar with my fingers (no applicator in my gym bag) but I HATE this stuff. It's hard to apply and when it's finally on, it feels like a heavy, greasy mess. If I hadn't already been handling it I'd put it up for swap. Ňs it is, I'll probably end up using it as a lip balm or cuticle cream. For the record, my skin is dry and sensitive but in pretty good shape for my age; and my fave night cream is BB Intensive Overnight. Goes on nicely, feels good, makes my skin look good, smells like lavendar, and is a fraction of the price of this--IMO--overhyped product.