October 24, 2014 | 1727 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I had heard so many great things about MAC foundations, so when an opportunity arose for me to try the supposedly long-lasting Studio Fix, I was delighted. Studio Fix was my first ever MAC liquid foundation (I have tried MSFN before and it was ok but nothing special) and I was matched to an NC15.

When I first applied this foundation at home, I was thrilled with the finish. Matte, perfect skin which didn't look caked in makeup and instead just looked like my natural skin! The texture of the foundation is fairly thick, which makes it hard to get out of the bottle, but didn't have heavy coverage, in fact it made my skin look even toned and healthy. I always use a non-latex foundation sponge to apply this. I tried applying with a brush but it looked too heavy.

The MAC SA promised me that this was a long wearing foundation, I specifically asked for one that would not come off my face if I sweated (as I do very often, living in Florida). So the first morning when I wore this, I walked the 30 minutes to work and checked my face when I arrived. My foundation still looked flawless, although not as matte as it was when I left the house. I went out again on my lunch break and when I got back into work my foundation was streaky and patchy and clearly visible as foundation. For reference I have very dry cheeks and very oily nose and chin. I experienced most of the foundation coming off my oily areas.

I have worn this every day since then and found that this is only suitable for when I am indoors all day, or in an air conditioned office. Yes it lasts, but it is no match for Florida's humidity and temperatures. I am disappointed as I loved the finish and feel of this foundation. It also highlighted my dry patches, but many foundations do this so I wasn't too concerned about this MAC foundation doing the same. I doubt I will be buying this foundation again, even though it is very nice. I may try others in the MAC range.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by sophglam97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG foundation - always looks flawless with the right primer and setting powder. I wear NC25 in the studio fix fluid and I use it with the studio fix concealer (NC20), and the prep + prime translucent powder. It really gives me that porcelain doll flawless finish, I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I really like this foundation and would like to make it work. I bought the pump to go with it because pouring out just doesn't work for me.

I have combination skin. My nose, cheeks and forehead are oily. My chin is dry and I'm very acne prone. Yet my skin typically reacts to foundation as if I never moisturized a day in my life and avoid water (which is opposite of the truth).

With this foundation I've tried applying it with my hands and I get a natural looking application. I've tried a flat foundation brush and a flat top foundation brush and get a heavier coverage. I'm even debating about getting the Real Techniques miracle complexion sponge to see if that'll work. So far everything's good for application. It's just that on my cheeks & nose this foundation likes to not stay. I have no idea why. It's perfectly fine everywhere else on my face (even my forehead which also gets oily). I just need to find something that makes it work with those areas. Other wise I really love this foundation and it lasts all day for me. I've been in hot & humid conditions with it and it's still there after 10hrs!

I just wish I could get it to stay without using silicone primers which cause acne on my face. I have no idea what else I could do.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Lullipy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the rave reviews. It is SO expensive here in the Philippines, it cost me about 40USD. I got matched for NC30 which they applied and it looked okay, but most foundations oxidize on me so it ended up looking a little dark/orange. Now that I got a Tan, the oxidized color fits me better though so I was still able to use it. I really advise you to try it out and walk around the mall before picking the final color. Also, it does not have a pump. But the most disappointing thing? IT TRANSFERS LIKE CRAZY! I have oily skin and this is really not recommended if you're always on the go. You have to regularly touch up if you want this to work. I still use it because the finish and color-match is great, plus it photographs really well; but I will not be re-purchasing this. My friends tell me the MAC pro longwear is a much better choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Cheer15star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have tried this foundation twice on my face and no able to write an clear review. I love it. I have extremely oily skin and this is perfect. I use Revlon Colorstay before but it's thickness was too much for my skin. So I tried a sample of the the Studio Fix. I Love It. All I need is a one pump and covers my whole face with all my acne scars. It lasts all day over 8 hours with very minimal shine on my nose. Did NOT break me out either

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by sarahashleymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have incredibly pale skin and NW10 matches perfectly. I think it is ridiculous that I had to pay $32 for the bottle and then another 11$ for the pump when all macs other foundations come with a pump. This foundation is a little drying, but not as drying as revlon colorstay. I wear moisturizer underneath the foundation and then mix SFF with a moisturizing gel and macs lustre drops in pink rebel. This makes the foundation a little less flat and drying. It needs to be set with powder so I use either studio fix powder, MSFN in light plus or MSF in lightscapade. The foundation needs to be applied with a flat top brush (i use ecotools custom coverage brush) or with a damp sponge. If you use your fingers or a stippling brush it will look streaky. It lasts about 6-8 hours before I notice fading- definitely not as long as revlon colorstay lasts. It is medium to full coverage but you are able to build it a little (not as much as colorstay) so I believe the coverage is a little better than colorstay. Overall I will be repurchasing and reusing the pump I had to buy.

EDIT: after using this foundation for over a year, I've never had any issues with it causing breakouts. Although this may be because I don't have acne prone skin (just sensitive skin) and I use a clairsonic daily after makeup wipes to ensure all the makeup is removed from my pores. I don't have oxidation issues, and I really love this foundation. It's definitely HG status for me. It covers everything I want it to without looking cakey and it stays matte all day. It also doesn't cling to my dry patches or flake around my nose area like other foundations do. My only complaint would be that it doesn't work well with cream blushes or liquid highlighters.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the shade NC35.

Packaging:
IT DOESN'T COME WITH A PUMP.

Price:
It would be okay.... IF IT CAME WITH A PUMP.

Texture:
I would say that this is quite creamy.

Smell:
Your average foundation smell.

Pros:
-Great buildable coverage
-Lasts all day
-Has a matte finish

Cons:
-IT DOESN'T COME WITH A PUMP
-Can become cakey as well as make your face oily

Comments/Impressions:
I like this foundation. I can use it on its own or with a moisturizer to make a tinted moisturizer, good for every day use. I mix this with my Clinique Moisturizing Gel and they work wonders since they're both matte finishes. You really really need to moisturize for this foundation because it will most certainly highlight your dry spots if you don't. I absolutely abhor the fact that it doesn't come with a pump, and actually becomes more expensive than other MAC Foundations if you purchase the pump! Very lame. If you're going to purchase this foundation, I really recommend you buy the pump because it makes application so much more easier and hygienic.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by heykiddo

This product made my face itchy and gave me tiny little bumps. Awful. MAC is terrible for acne prone skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by soyamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only foundation that sticks to my oily skin, comes in a shade that matches me (nw10), covers redness (i'm irish), covers wet eczema (I have severe eczema breakouts around my eyes), covers acne (cystic acne), and doesn't break me out. people compliment my skin when i wear this. I love the smell, i love the satin/matte finish, i love the lasting power (i use it with the blot powder), i love love love this. I finally have confidence that i don't look like a greasy red tomato. I used makeup forever mat velvet and it didn't work for me at all and i don't know why!! This one though omg i love it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by the_duckie

NC30. With my yellow Asian skin, I've been looking for a foundation that doesn't make it look freakishly orange, and I believe I've found my HG. . I wear it on top of primer and apply with my fingers.

It has a matte texture, which is great with my oily/combination skin. It's also quite opaque and gives beautiful coverage. I have a lot of acne discolorations on my cheeks (as well as some current acne on my chin) and this covers them well. It lasts all day.

As for the container, it comes in a glass bottle with a sturdy screw-on top. I wish I didn't have to buy the pump separately - I recommend you do so in order to save product.