January 24, 2015 | 1831 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by sunkissedgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after my MAC Fluidline dried up and is getting very difficult to work with. I must say that I prefer the Bobbi Brown one. I wouldn't say it's a gel liner (even though it's called that), it's more of a cream liner. It's very easy to work with, and it dries to a matte finish which I love. The texture of this liner makes it so simple to draw a perfect line and perfect "wing". When I used the MAC fluidline, I sometimes had to tug on my eye for the liner to go on smoothly...but with the BB liner I can hold my brush with one hand and mirror in the other and my liner looks perfect all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by ojf226

I love this eyeliner! Easy application with the proper brush, and it stays on. Don't let the small container fool you, the product lasts a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I was one of those who got sucked into buying this gel eyeliner by the good reviews. All I am going to say is that I am still looking for a gel eyeliner that doesn't smudge/run/dissappear/etc on my oily lids in the summer heat... guess I'll have to keep it to try out in winter...

For those girls who are worried about drying out gel eyeliners, I suggest that instead of closing the lids between applications, simply dig a small amount of gel and put it on the back of your hand, and that's easy application. But I forgotten to mention that when I did this with the BB gel eyeliner, it dried right out while I was lining 1 eye. Also, when you are not using it, store gel liners upside down so it doesn't dry out.

Edit: I gave it more lippies now that I use it along with UDPP, it didn't budge as much as my other gel liners. Now that's something!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by carmenners

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Black Ink is honestly the blackest black ever. BB's gel liners are amazing, and Black Ink is an amazing black. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2009 8:23:00 AM More reviews by colleenwin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product. Couldn't wait to try it after reading all the good reviews. Well, unfortunately I was very disappointed. This product smeared and smudged just less than an hour after I put it on and after a few hours it looked like I wasn't wearing any liner but had definite smudges way below my lower lash. I tried wearing this several times since I had spent so much but always got the same bad results. Not for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great consistency...BUT...for the price...I honestly don't know. It lasts a really long time and with a 266 brush ...total precision.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 4:31:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

I can see why everyone loves this..Its pure love.. Great pigmentation and versatility..You get quite the amount of product that should last you quite some time.

And it really is long wear..This baby isnt going to go anywhere once you put it on..Which is great because its smudge and sweat proof..The only con I guess is that if you make a mistake,you gotta be quick in wiping that away.. Because its hard to remove..But other than that,its a true black long wear gel liner which is fantastic.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by MaggieN

I bought a Bobbie Brown set that came with this gel eye liner, eye liner brush, mascara, eye shadow and lip gloss. I bought this set because I wanted to try this gel liner because of the high ratings here. I use the brush that came with this set to apply the liner. The color is true black, not blue-black, which is good, the color is dark enough and it last very long, even when I try to remove it at night the liner is still there but much thinner of course. Each time I use, I barely make a dent in the pot, so I guess for the price -- there's more product than liquid/pencil eyeliners. There is one thing bad about this liner is that it smudges on my eyes everytime I wear it - eventhough I don't line my bottom lashes, and that's the reason that I will not use this again, I gave this to a friend and I guess it works for her, but it doesn't work for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by misz93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this gel liner is pure HG in my stash..i just love it.
i can't stop comparing this to MAC Blacktrack fluidline because Black Ink is much better from every angle. Black Ink makes you look like you line your eyes perfectly with kohl if applied as thick line & if you apply it in a thin line,it gives the look of a liquid liner. very versatile. I also store it upside down like my other gel liners just so it wont dry up.
Plus,it's smoother to apply than other BB shimmery gel liners.

Pros: really dark black,so much blacker than MAC Blacktrack. good staying power,amazing pigmentation,smooth & easy to apply whether you want a thin or thick line..

Cons: hmm,maybe it could be slightly cheaper?

Price: i bought it for RM70..the US price is $21

Packaging: in a small glass jar which contains 3g of product

Repurchase: definitely! it's worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by JustinL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Excellent product. When used with a fine tip brush, this eyeliner is perfection. Whether you want a very thin line or a thicker one, this gel delivers. Glides like butter and stays put. Much better than using an eyeshadow as a liner and having it flake all over. Also much more precise and easy to glide versus a pencil.