August 23, 2014 | 1573 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great consistency...BUT...for the price...I honestly don't know. It lasts a really long time and with a 266 brush ...total precision.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 4:31:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

I can see why everyone loves this..Its pure love.. Great pigmentation and versatility..You get quite the amount of product that should last you quite some time.

And it really is long wear..This baby isnt going to go anywhere once you put it on..Which is great because its smudge and sweat proof..The only con I guess is that if you make a mistake,you gotta be quick in wiping that away.. Because its hard to remove..But other than that,its a true black long wear gel liner which is fantastic.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by MaggieN

I bought a Bobbie Brown set that came with this gel eye liner, eye liner brush, mascara, eye shadow and lip gloss. I bought this set because I wanted to try this gel liner because of the high ratings here. I use the brush that came with this set to apply the liner. The color is true black, not blue-black, which is good, the color is dark enough and it last very long, even when I try to remove it at night the liner is still there but much thinner of course. Each time I use, I barely make a dent in the pot, so I guess for the price -- there's more product than liquid/pencil eyeliners. There is one thing bad about this liner is that it smudges on my eyes everytime I wear it - eventhough I don't line my bottom lashes, and that's the reason that I will not use this again, I gave this to a friend and I guess it works for her, but it doesn't work for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by misz93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this gel liner is pure HG in my stash..i just love it.
i can't stop comparing this to MAC Blacktrack fluidline because Black Ink is much better from every angle. Black Ink makes you look like you line your eyes perfectly with kohl if applied as thick line & if you apply it in a thin line,it gives the look of a liquid liner. very versatile. I also store it upside down like my other gel liners just so it wont dry up.
Plus,it's smoother to apply than other BB shimmery gel liners.

Pros: really dark black,so much blacker than MAC Blacktrack. good staying power,amazing pigmentation,smooth & easy to apply whether you want a thin or thick line..

Cons: hmm,maybe it could be slightly cheaper?

Price: i bought it for RM70..the US price is $21

Packaging: in a small glass jar which contains 3g of product

Repurchase: definitely! it's worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by JustinL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Excellent product. When used with a fine tip brush, this eyeliner is perfection. Whether you want a very thin line or a thicker one, this gel delivers. Glides like butter and stays put. Much better than using an eyeshadow as a liner and having it flake all over. Also much more precise and easy to glide versus a pencil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by krysownzu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have BB gel liner in Chocolate shimmer ink, Espresso, and Black ink. The black is my favorite, I use it almost every day.

It's a great product... deep, dark black, lasts all day long (even on waterline), and the pots last quite awhile. Keep the jar placed upside down to prevent it from drying out. I really love this eyeliner, highly recommend to ladies who wear eyeliner often and want it to stay on all day. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2009 8:00:00 PM More reviews by sillywahine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For some reason I have such a hard time finding an eyeliner that does not smudge! Kohl, waterproof, liquid, pencil, I tried it all. I only found ONE product that would not budge, and unfortunately it is not from Bobbi Brown. Seems everyone is praising this gel eyeliner as their HG, so I had to give it a try. $21 was a bit steep, so I decided to try it out via swap. Very creamy and easy to apply. So far so good. I didn't line my waterline, and so glad i chose not to! Within hours of applying, I checked myself in the mirror at work, an lo and behold - slight black smudges under my eyes!! I was so disappointed...to make matters worse, I had to wipe it off and my concealer came off as well, making me look like how i wake up in the morning...TIRED. I wanted to like this product, but it does not work on me...it budges like no tomorrow. And I don't even have oily skin...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Hasmik19

I have to agree, this is a great eyeliner because it STAYS ON ALL DAY. the reason i switched to this was b/c it is long wear. I always had pencil eyeliners smudge by the end of the day but this doesn't smudge on the corner of my eyes. I'd probably repurchase...it's my first gel eyeliner, so I have nothing to compare it too.

Better than pencil? Definitely. Just use a good brush. I use Benefit Get Bent and it works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by wakeupjuliette

I'm the type of person who is really picky about eyeliner and have tried several that have smudged and cracked after long periods of time. I thought that the best eyeliner that ever lived would probably be the liquid eyeliner of Shu Uemura, but then as we all know, liquid eyeliner can hurt your eyes when you try to put it on your waterline. So while I was in the constant search of the "perfect eye liner" which I can apply to both my eyelids and waterline without smudging, my friend had suggested that I try the Bobbi Brown gel liner her mom had bought her, along with the brush the MUA recommended. I was quite skeptical about her recommendation, yet a few weeks after, I headed to the Bobbi Brown counter in our local department store and had the lady put the eyeliner on me. And my verdict? I LOVED IT. Bobbi Brown's gel liner is thick in terms of consistency, as well as opaqueness, and it is pigmented, so in just one sweep on your eyelids, you'll already get the desired intensity of the liner. Not only that, but you can easily correct it if you make any mistakes.

I guess the only problem I have with it though is that for one, it can be pretty dry after a while and the contents of the jar dry up after a certain span of time. Also, it smudges after around 2-3 hours when you apply it in the corners of your eyelids; but then again, any eyeliner would smudge when you put it there since that's where the oil accumulates. But besides that, the Bobbi Brown gel liner is a must-have in a girl's make-up kit ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by aelgif

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product! I use it to tight-line my eyes with Laura Mercier's flat eyeliner brush. If you put the tiniest amount of product on the brush, it will look surprisingly natural and will be easier to apply. Looking forward to trying more colours.