Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 2/20/2014 8:29:00 AM

I've been using this for 10+ years. With that said, it's something I always grab when my skin is at it's worse. Mix with apple cider vinegar to a paste like consistency and apply. I leave it on then remove in shower since it's very messy. Great product and a must to keep on hand!

I just wanted to add a tip for easier removal: place a damp, warm piece of cheesecloth over your face first then apply mask on over it. When it's dry, the mask/cloth will peel off.

on 2/20/2014 8:06:00 AM

This mask is very intense on your skin and really clarifies. However, it dries out my oily skin and leaves it feeling unhealthily tight feeling. I personally only use this on my nose now, and it cleans my pores really well. Don't rinse this down the drain, it clogged the pipe from my sink!

on 2/10/2014 4:39:00 AM

This mask is pretty intense. It says that it pulsates which is true, nothing too extreme it feels pretty nice. I use it with filtered water. The first time I used it, it made my skin soooooo itchy while drying! I had to let it completely dry so I just fought through it. I left it on for 25 minutes. I looked in the mirror and this mask dried so tight and hard that it pulled my skin down and out, I looked so funny I wanted to laugh so bad but I couldn't. When washing this off, I pat my face with warm water to soften the mask, then I soak a washcloth in warm water and wipe away. After, I tone and moisturize my face. I noticed that the mask really helps with new active pimples, it'll dry it out making it slowly go away. Overall I do like this mask but it's not a must have that'll change your skin so don't get your hopes up when buying this and trying it out for the first time. Don't expect it to do WONDERS.

on 2/10/2014 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Great purging product. I gravitate towards it especially when I've been lax about my regular skin-care routine for a day or two - really prevents my laziness from manifesting into major breakouts. After 14+ years (and probably thousands of dollars) of dealing with skin troubles, it's simultaneously comforting and annoying to know that all I need is a solid cleanser, a topical rx or two, and this mask.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I used this mask from head to toe once a week as a whole body treatment. My enire body is enviably smooth to the touch. I always for this mask with a scrub.

on 2/2/2014 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I wanted to use this for a while before reviewing this and i can safely say this is the best and most transformative face mask i have ever used!! This stuff is absolutly amazing! And i cant believe how cheap it is! I used to believe the higher the cost of something the better! But with this i now believe the total opposite! Im used to using brand like Sisley, La Mer, La prairie and This is by far my best discovery for 2013!! Since using this I have had NO Break outs! It has evened out my Skin tone and redness on my skin is reduced!! I recommended this stuff to my cousin who suffers from acne and after 1 use the next morning her acne spots were majorly reduced! Not completely gone but SIGNIFICANTLY reduced!! That was just with one use too! I used to use this stuff with water which was great but a bit difficult to mix as it would get clumpy.. Ive recently started using it with apple cider vinegar and it mixes great and i can say it is more intense than using water with it.. I leave my mask on with water around an hour and with ACV about 45mins. You can honestly feel your face pulsate where your blood circulation is flowing throughout your face which has numerous benefits alone! This is the total SH*T!! HG FACE MASK RIGHT HERE!!

I had those tiny annoying headless bumps along my cheekbones caused by my N.Y.C. sunny bronzer but thanks to this clay, they're all gone! It did purge some other parts of my face, but I can see that they're disappearing faster than any breakout I've ever had! I have some pigmented acne scars on the apples of my cheeks and I did notice some very slight fading but since I've used this product for about less than a month, I'll update about its effects on acne scars later on. I can't stop raving about this to my friends and even they've jumped on this product too! I can't wait to see the progress later down the road!!

update 020115: I am still in love with this product! Although I don't use it as often because of being on acne meds that dry out my skin, I still use this when I need to dry out a huge, headless pimple. This does help fade scars but It's not potent enough to be used alone. On a bad month, I would apply my retin-a nightly & then every end of the week, I'd skip out on the retin-a and use this face mask and then apply a thick moisturizing cream to avoid skin irritation from dryness.

on 1/25/2014 2:10:00 AM

I've paid $$ for facials and nothing compares to this mask. I mix equal amount of the clay to Bragg's apple cider vinegar with a little bit of honey and a little bit of water, if needed. (2 tablespoons is enough for 2 people) I find that adding the honey makes the mask a little more soothing.
If you have sensitive skin I wouldn't leave it on for too long the first time, just to be safe. I usually leave it on for 20 minutes and after I wash it off with warm water, I put a little bit of coconut oil on face.
The mask leaves my skin soft and brightens my skin. In only a week I saw a big difference in my black heads that were on my nose (no more!) and my skin tone evened out.
I do this once a week. So worth it!

This is by far the best mask I own. It is inexpensive and works really well with ACV. I wouldn't recommend using it with water, it gets clumpy and weird.

After using this, my skin feels so good and all my acne is severely diminished. It feels really great when its on, and it kind of pulses. If you keep it wet, it's easier to remove and I don't notice a difference in the results.

Your face will be pink for a while after, but if you leave this mask on for more than 20 minutes, your face with be as red as a fire hydrant for several hours. Also if you leave it on too long it gets really hard to take off and painful to get off - especially if it managed to get in your eyebrows.

on 1/17/2014 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

First of all I LOVE THIS STUFF! I mix it with the Bragg's apple cider vinegar and half a capsule of charcoal from the health food store. It is a very powerful mask. Very powerful. I don't have acne but I like to make sure my pores are clean and I slough off dead skin from my face. I do this mask twice a week and follow up with coconut oil. My skin looks great and I am In love with this mask. My husband loves it too!

Just a note: I have very strong skin. I would not recommend for those who are really sensitive. It may burn you too much and it is hard to get off.

Happy makeuping guys and girls!

Popular Masks