July 30, 2014 | 1490 users online

Masks - Oatmeal

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 6:33:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

OATMEAL~my winter face mask base and HG. Sure, Aspirin makes a great mask...over do it tho and you end up breaking out. Yogurt, same deal.
I really love making homemade face masks and love versatility and usefulness of plain oatmeal.
I mix either Dr. Teal's Collodial Oatmeal soak or very finely ground scotch oats with a variety of things. Onion juice, for one. You are going "ew gross!" and I agree. Smearing oatmeal and onion on your face isn't the most appealing thing, and it does stink. I do this mask at night so that the smell of onion doesn't hang around me all day. So before bed I take 3 Tbs of red onion juice and 3 Tbs of oat powder and mix it well. Some might use honey as well, but honey on my skin gives me hives. I slather this mask on my face and wait til it dries, and then rinse with warm water, then cleanse my skin. Onion has this incredible ability to clear up skin, and even out skin tone, and oats unclog pores. I did this onion and oats mask for a week and the clairity of my skin is astounding! Google it and see what I mean.
Another oatmeal mask to try is Oatmeal and peach juice. I do this one in the morning and it makes my face glow.
Try it ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Dinghy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is amazing stuff. I use it as a mask or gentle exfoliant while I'm in the bath: oatmeal with a few drops of water, sometimes honey, sometimes not. I might experiment with other stuff as well, but oatmeal&water alone are great enough- leave my skin soft and hydrated enough. Very easy to prepare, cheap, it even tastes nice...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by aasiangal

OMG!!!! I swear to god this stuff is amazing!!! Half a year ago after going through some tough stuff my clear complexion has started to break out. I didn't realize it until one day I looked and the mirror and I saw acne on my cheeks. The blemishes on my face were red and inflamed. I decided to do something about it. I went to the doctor and I was prescribed Differin gel and 100mg of Apo-minocycline. It seemed to work for the first week or so but then it just got worst-my acne was out of control and i felt so helpless. Luckily recently I was searching up home remedies for clear acne skin on forms. Then I FOUND IT the oatmeal mask. I have read really go reviews on it and everyone loves it. Since my acne got so bad nothing can possibly make it worst. First I was a bit skeptical about this, but after trying it after the first time I was amazed how much this had made my skin glowed. When woke up the next morning I can see the redness of my blemishes died down and it was less inflamed. Right now I have been using this mask everyday for about a week or and it has made wonders for me. Ladies you MUST try this before anything else, oatmeal is so cheap and convenient so why not try it. I can't promise that It will work for you but there is nothing wrong with trying it (it's natural). PS make sure you are not allergic to oatmeal=)))

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by luenaiya

Oatmeal is most effective for dry skin sufferes though it still works great on my normal skin or those of you who wish to retain plump and youthful looking skin. Lush do a great oatmeal mask which I highly recommend if you don't feel like making your own

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by alaintrain22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you have skin that reacts to everything (lots of environmental allergies) this stuff is great. My face will start itching and breaking out turning very red. I take a little of this, grind it into a powder using the coffee grinder and add a little milk or yogurt and apply it. It is immediately calming and eases the itchness. To remove rinse and exfoliate. You are left with calm soothed skin. Thanks Quakers Oats.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

thank you thank you thank you MUA'ers, never would have thought to incorporate oatmeal into my beauty routine if it wasn't reviewed here.

I am currently following regimen from acne.org. Although it has sucessfully reduce the amount of my cystic pimples, pustules etc, it has left me with light scars, hyperpigmentation and dark spots. And to add the agony, my face was so severely dry that it itches all the time, red blotches in several parts of my face, flakey and hurts, it even hurts to smile :(. Tried all kinds of moisturizer but nothing works, even changes my face wash to a more 'gentle' face wash, but only help a little.

Then after I read wonderful review here, I immediately tried the simplest recipe, just mix oatmeal (into the blender first..:)), add few drops of water, smear it onto my face and wait for 5 - 10 min, I do it 2 times a day before my shower. I even use the oatmeal as my daily powder now, ideas from MUA'ers as well.

I've done this religiously for 3 weeks and the result is great!
Sure, like other natural product, it works slowwwly, but surely - can't expect miracle happen overnight. I can say that right now my face is calmed down meaning no more itchiness, dryness, no redness, no flakey and I noticed that my dark spots and scars has significantly reduced. Overall, oatmeal makes my skin looks fresh and even toned. I don't know about the effect for diminishing acne though, since I am still using benzoil peroxide, but oatmeal surely calms my face.
I found that the longer I let it sit on my face the better the result is.

Update Jun 2012 :
If I may add another way to use this, for several months I'm washing my face a la erno laszlo 'water splashing' (see my review in erno laslo soap' - I dont use his product, though, I use another soap).

This 'ritual' entails filling the basin with hotter than warm water and splashing it to your face. Anyway, in the morning when in a rush and dont have time to do oatmeal mask I just pour a little of my blended oatmeal into the basin, use my face soap bar and wash/splash my face with that oatmeal induced water (30 times!). IMO the result is just the same when I use oatmeal as a mask, it is just as good.

On sidenote, I think with my finicky and sensitive acne prone skin, I will stuck with this oatmeal forever (I dont mind, though, it's cheap :))

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by tojoyamoto

Oatmeal is an excellent home beauty product with so many variations and different uses!
It is emoillient and softening.
~I grind the flakes and keep them in a screw-top jar to mix with cleanser whenevr I need some gentle exfoliation.
~It's also great in a mask-- just oatmeal and water. Or add mashed banana, avocado, etc
~It can be boiled for a bit, strained through a cheese cloth and added to your cleanser or moisturizer!
~A very gentle cleansing milk for dry skin: 2 Tbsp oatmeal flour, 1 cup boiling water, 1 tsp avocado oil. * Mix all and let cool. Massage into skin and rinse with warm water.* Be sure to keep refrigerated.
~If you make your own soap: mix in 1 cup of oatmeal flour (just ground-up oatmeal) per 24 bars you are making. Add a few tbsp of whole flakes to make the soap pretty.

Yay, oatmeal!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a lovely mask/scrub, great for keeping my blemishes in order if I mix it with a drop of honey and keeps my mild rosacea at bay. Love it and will keep using it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

Right after criticizing Queen Helene masks for having useless fragrances, I was suddenly reminded of one of the friendliest facial products out there, oatmeal. Like many of y'all, I was introduced to oatmeal masks by my mother. Just so y'all know, if you're ever in a time pinch, oatmeal that hasn't been ground, but has only soaked in liquid will work as an albeit messy, but useful gentle facial scrub.
Just wanted to mention an oatmeal recipe given to me by lilmama51 when I had a nasty rosacea flare up and my cheeks were burning. Pour one cup of boiling water over a tablespoon of regular old fashioned oatmeal. Let it steep. When it cools, strain it and keep the liquid in the refrigerator--it will be good for twenty-four hours and then you need to make a fresh batch. The liquid is to be used as a gentle facial wash for inflamed skin--splash some on your face and then rinse with water. It does indeed feel soothing and you get to sidestep the usual messiness of oatmeal. So, thank you, lilmama51! Amazingly versatile product that's super gentle, yet gets the job done--and is dirt cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by alias_feline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've tried a few 'natural' home-made skin care recipes, and I've been invariably underwhelmed by them (especially the egg and olive oil hair mask, which made my hair feel very odd indeed), but this was practically magic! My major complaint is very dry skin, and of late it's been looking extremely dull because I've been averaging less than 5 hours sleep a night (sometimes no sleep at all) for the last two weeks, so I needed something quick to perk up my skin. I ground up some oatmeal, mixed it with water to make a thick paste, added two drops of jojoba oil and slathered it on my face and left it to dry. I washed it off in the shower using the oatmeal bits as an exfoliant, and it was the gentlest scrub I've ever used. After my shower, my skin was soft, glowing and radiant, and it looked even better than before all the sleep-deprivation made it dull and dry! Extremely gentle and effective, costs nearly nothing, I can't recommend it enough!