April 16, 2014 | 943 users online

Masks - Oatmeal

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by tojoyamoto

Oatmeal is an excellent home beauty product with so many variations and different uses!
It is emoillient and softening.
~I grind the flakes and keep them in a screw-top jar to mix with cleanser whenevr I need some gentle exfoliation.
~It's also great in a mask-- just oatmeal and water. Or add mashed banana, avocado, etc
~It can be boiled for a bit, strained through a cheese cloth and added to your cleanser or moisturizer!
~A very gentle cleansing milk for dry skin: 2 Tbsp oatmeal flour, 1 cup boiling water, 1 tsp avocado oil. * Mix all and let cool. Massage into skin and rinse with warm water.* Be sure to keep refrigerated.
~If you make your own soap: mix in 1 cup of oatmeal flour (just ground-up oatmeal) per 24 bars you are making. Add a few tbsp of whole flakes to make the soap pretty.

Yay, oatmeal!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a lovely mask/scrub, great for keeping my blemishes in order if I mix it with a drop of honey and keeps my mild rosacea at bay. Love it and will keep using it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

Right after criticizing Queen Helene masks for having useless fragrances, I was suddenly reminded of one of the friendliest facial products out there, oatmeal. Like many of y'all, I was introduced to oatmeal masks by my mother. Just so y'all know, if you're ever in a time pinch, oatmeal that hasn't been ground, but has only soaked in liquid will work as an albeit messy, but useful gentle facial scrub.
Just wanted to mention an oatmeal recipe given to me by lilmama51 when I had a nasty rosacea flare up and my cheeks were burning. Pour one cup of boiling water over a tablespoon of regular old fashioned oatmeal. Let it steep. When it cools, strain it and keep the liquid in the refrigerator--it will be good for twenty-four hours and then you need to make a fresh batch. The liquid is to be used as a gentle facial wash for inflamed skin--splash some on your face and then rinse with water. It does indeed feel soothing and you get to sidestep the usual messiness of oatmeal. So, thank you, lilmama51! Amazingly versatile product that's super gentle, yet gets the job done--and is dirt cheap.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by alias_feline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've tried a few 'natural' home-made skin care recipes, and I've been invariably underwhelmed by them (especially the egg and olive oil hair mask, which made my hair feel very odd indeed), but this was practically magic! My major complaint is very dry skin, and of late it's been looking extremely dull because I've been averaging less than 5 hours sleep a night (sometimes no sleep at all) for the last two weeks, so I needed something quick to perk up my skin. I ground up some oatmeal, mixed it with water to make a thick paste, added two drops of jojoba oil and slathered it on my face and left it to dry. I washed it off in the shower using the oatmeal bits as an exfoliant, and it was the gentlest scrub I've ever used. After my shower, my skin was soft, glowing and radiant, and it looked even better than before all the sleep-deprivation made it dull and dry! Extremely gentle and effective, costs nearly nothing, I can't recommend it enough!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Lisajoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just started using oatmeal as a mask to clear up acne.
It seems to be working.
I will update later to make sure it was the oatmeal and not something else
But I would say give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by lavi212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love it love it love it.. This stuff is gorgeous .. It makes my skin so soft and it's smells amazing I just mix powdered oatmeal with water and that's that.. I am trying a concoction (not sure about the spelling :p) with yoghurt on my chest cause I feel my skin is a tat bit sensitive there..can't stand the yoghurt smell..I will update on my results with oatmeal + yoghurt mask soon..(fingers crossed) but I would definitely recommend every1 to give the plain oatmeal mask a shot which followed by rose water will make u feel o so soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love oatmeal! i eat it and make masks out of it.

my favorite mask at the moment is finely ground oatmeal (i grind it in my coffee grinder) mixed with a few drops of youthing strategies sesame oil face and body formula, and water.

i make a very thin paste of it and smooth it on.

when it is almost dry i roll it off into little balls. it takes dead skin away and leave my skin moisturized and smooth.

after this i just splash with water and make sure it is off and leave a bit of the 'oat juice' on my face and then add a few drops of oil.

this is the most gentle exfoliation that i have found. i can use this every day if i wish.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2009 12:04:00 PM More reviews by hyt

Perfect: low price and great quality! After blending it with a coffee bean binder, I mix it with fresh lemon juice (I have oily skin) and a spoon of water, or with organic milk only. Will keep using it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

With a combination skin that is very sensitive, I am always looking for ways to calm down facial redness. I had heard about oatmeal a long time ago and have tried it on my skin however, I did not see any reduction in my facial redness so I gave up on it.

After watching a youtube guru, bubzbeauty's video on oatmeal as a facial cleanser, I decided to try this again. And my skin loved it! I guess I had been using oatmeal the wrong way before and now, I can see why so many people rave about this natural, cheap product.

For my oatmeal cleanser I put a handful of instant oats onto a bowl and put some lukewarm water into the bowl, you will get this milk-like water when you mix the oats with water which I put on my face. The milky water works wonders on reducing my red face. Love, love! This a great product for those with a lot of redness on your skin!

Not only is this cheap, if this doesn't work for you, you can always eat it for breakfast. Try it!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by cestlavie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My mother has used oatmeal as a scrub since she was a teenager. I always thought that using home remedies for face care (and body and hair) was great and all, but didn't actually believe they would be as efficient as fancy and expensive products. Well, let's just say I'm a believer now.

Today I was lurking around MUA searching for a miracle product that would soothe and heal my skin. I'm acne prone, with quite oily T-zone and dry cheeks and on top of that I have horrible blackheads and always some flaky spots on my face. Lately I've been getting painful pimples on my cheeks, they're not big, but there's a lot of them. And I just couldn't keep my hands off of them, which of course made it worse.

I thought I'll give oatmeal a try, because nothing else seemed to help. I ground up some oatmeal in a grinder (some of it became powdery, some became granules). I mixed some of it with water and plastered the paste on to my damp faced. As the mask tried I brushed my teeth, then rubbed my face gently with dry hands so most of the mask dropped to the sink. As I rinsed the remains off I felt that my face was very smooth and silky. The blackheads had shrinked a bit and the redness around the acne wasn't that bad anymore.

I can't believe I hadn't tried it before! I can't stop touching my face, it hasn't been so soft in ages. I know it's a bit soon to jump for joy, as I just tried it and hour ago for the first time, but I definately plan to keep using the oatmeal mask again and keep you updated.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No