April 17, 2014 | 1850 users online

Lipstick - New York Color - 309B Sheer Red

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2006 12:04:00 AM More reviews by etain_anders

Pretty nice. *Incredibly* smooth going on, though it won't stay long w/o reapplying. Very bright color, though lighter than in the package, and a bit pinkish, not brick red. I put a tiny bit on my bottom and rubbed my lips together and it made them look very plump and pouty. Color is a bit much for my pale neutral skin, though. But then, I prefer nudes, so other pale-skinned girls might still like it.

Did I mention how smooth it is? Wow. Like Vaseline w/o the grease.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2006 5:44:00 PM More reviews by lost_american516

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

love love love!!! gives me a sheer red stained i-just-got-done-eating-a-cherry-popsicle look. great for an interesting look, and its only a dollar.<3 kADY

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2006 10:49:00 PM More reviews by adachic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

N.Y.C. Sheer red is quite blatantly, simply awesome! I usually never buy those $1 lipsticks since they tend to dry out my lips and are, for the most part, poorly manufactured; however, on a whim, I decided I'd give this color a try. I wanted a sheer red lipstick and for $1, if it sucked, I'd just toss it. I had tried other reds from other department store brands like covergirl, but hadn't found the one that looked good with my skintone. I used to love Loreal Shine Delice in Cranberry Pop, but that's been discontinued. NYC in sheer red is VERY similar to cranberry pop. The staying power is alright. For only a $1, I don't care if I have to reapply it sometimes. The color isn't an overwhelming red, it's just as it states- very sheer, yet not invisible. The color reminds me of tinted cherry-colored lipbalm. As for the smell of the product, I don't sniff makeup, but I haven't noticed any overwhelming scent. The packaging isn't too bad either. Sure, it's not high-quality, but the lipstick hasn't broken on me at all yet and I use it almost everyday.

Now, as far as suggestions... I would NOT recommend this color for dark skinned girls. This is more of a red for lighter-skinned girls (being as it is blue-based). I have blue eyes, pale skin (light ivory), and brunette hair. This red is just right for me, but with someone with darker skin and features, it would probably just resemble their natural lipcolor, if not just a tint darker.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No