February 1, 2015 | 2088 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by CurleeGurlee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using my pink clarisonic pro for about two weeks now. I got mine through my sister-in-law who works at a dermatologists office. She was able to get it for me at half the retail price. After reading all the wonderful reviews on here and hearing my SIL rave about it, it was a no-brainer...I HAD to try it!

I was a little worried about the "purging" other reviewers had talked about. I was on Accutane about 3 and a half years ago and even the smallest breakouts are pretty defeating after going through that! Accutane left my skin very clear but it was an intense process! If you've been on Accutane you know what I mean!
I digress...

I'm happy to report that I have not experienced any purging thus far. :)
I am however, experiencing very clear, smooth skin! Yay! My husband has commented on how soft my skin feels and my sister has also noticed a difference in my skin. Now she wants a clarisonic of her own. :)

I use my clarisonic twice a day on the third speed setting (the fourth was a little much) for one minute each time. I use Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser with it. That is the cleanser I was using prior to starting the clarisonic so I know it's the clarisonic making the difference in my skin and not a change in cleanser. I make sure to remove my makeup prior to using the clarisonic. Even after removing my makeup the clarisonic gets even MORE makeup off my face! (kinda gross to think about what I've been missing all these years!) My face feels SO clean...not a clean I've ever felt by just hand washing my face. I feel like the clarisonic helps my moisturizer and other products sink in better. I also notice that my makeup looks better (fresh, smoother application) when I apply it after using the clarisonic.

Would I have purchased the clarisonic pro if I had to pay full retail price?: Not sure. I have been wanting this tool for quite some time now. I may not have gone straight for the pro but I would have definitely considered the mia. (SO glad I was able to get the pro though!)

Would I buy it again? : YES! Since it is not necessarily a product that I will run out of I don't think I will have to repurchase it anytime soon though.

Would I buy it again at full retail price?: If I didn't have the option to buy at a discounted rate, YES! I can't imagine washing my face without the clarisonic now!

Would I recommend to a friend?: Yes! And to anyone else that has a passion for taking good care of their skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by cmesteras

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the results I have received so far. Although, I don't use it everyday. I am concerned about the capillary complaints. I use it according to the directions, no longer than the one minute time most of the time. So I am wondering if people that have this concern are using it longer and on higher speeds to get the damage they are talking about. They never seem to mention that part. I have seen a difference in my pores and I don't brake out as much anymore. I am not sure that I would spend so much money again considering the complaints I have read. I do think it has a great deal to do with the type of cleanser and moisturizers you are using in conjunction with the Clarisonic brush. I will keep watching to see if more people say they are having damage done to their face from the Clarisonic Brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by bambooflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't think twice before spending $200 on a new cell phone. But on a face brush? I mean, that's insane, isn't it?

Well, apparently it's not, because a lot of people seem to endorse the Clarisonic. When I received mine a little over 2 months ago, I quickly realized why. I never thought I would actually buy into the fad, but after all the rave reviews, and a stubborn blackhead that just would not go away, I figured, why not? There was a money-back guarantee anyway.

The first few times I used the Clarisonic, I used it for the full minute on 'low', paying heed to change the area after each beep. I have sensitive skin and figured I should try it on the 'low' setting first. My skin felt very clean, but I couldn't really tell if it was helping my skin at all. After the first few days, I started feeling like the Clarisonic was a little irritating to my cheeks, so I cut the time of use down to 30-40 seconds. That is what I still do now, and I find that is the optimal amount of time.

About 4 days after I started using the Clarisonic, my stubborn blackhead came out! I don't know if it was just time for the blackhead to come out, but I have an inkling the Clarisonic helped shake it out. Since then, whenever I had a pimple, cleansing with the Clarisonic shrank it very quickly. I am amazed at how well the Clarisonic cleans, and I love how it feels during and after my face wash ritual.

I recently purchased an Olay Pro-X Cleansing Brush, and I believe it cleans just as well as the Clarisonic, albeit in a very different way. The Olay Pro-X cleans by spinning the brush head in circles, which the Clarisonic uses vibrations to clean. I think the Pro-X may be less irritating and may clean just as well, but I personally prefer using the Clarisonic. It just feels like a more quality product (but for very good reason - it costs 7x as much!).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by awchicago

I have had mine for over a year now and think it has been great for my complexion and even fthe ine lines around my month and forehead have diminished. I do not use it everyday like when I first bought it....a washcloth works pretty well to exfoliate on most days. I wish it was not as bulky for storage. It is also a little cumbersome to travel with. Overall a good investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by crawls2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS! Got it for a Christmas present from my mother and spending a year battling my acne. If you've ever used a Sonicare toothbrush and then go back to using a regular toothbrush, you know what this is all about. I had some purging for about the first 2-3 weeks or so, but almost 4 years later, nothing to speak of.

I think this is a must for a really effective skin care regimen but I also have to: drink tons of water, eat with some sense, wear sunscreen, etc. The one thing I feel certain about is that I give my skin the best chance possible to absorb all the serums, retin A, etc. that I use, thus ensuring maximum benefits.

I've never regretting purchasing this- EVER.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by stacey0125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought my clarisonic from QVC and since I was able to put it on value pay (3 payments) I thought why not try it out. I had read a lot of really great reviews and had been wanting to try this for over a year, but wasnt thrilled about the high price tag. I finally decided to just get it. I have been using this for a little over a month now and although I haven't noticed any outrageous results, I do like the way it cleans my face. When I first started using this I was using it morning and night and found that it was drying out my face a little so I only use it at night now just as a way to better clean all the days dirt and makeup off before I go to sleep and I have found that this works great. I did have a little bit of purging the first week and I almost quit using it because of this. I was getting pimples on places I never get them like on my cheeks and stuff. But I hung in there and I am glad I did. I mainly wanted this just to get rid of my clogged pores/blackheads, and like I said I haven't noticed a really major improvement with that, I do notice that my pores and blackheads are a lot smaller and less visible after I use this at night but the next day as I put on makeup and go throughout the day they go back. So I guess that sucks, but that is partly my fault for putting makeup and other crap on my face I guess. So overall this product will CLEAN your face amazingly and it is really gentle. I thought the brush would be a little harsh for my sensitive skin but I am using the normal brush and it hasn't irritated my skin at all. I didnt use any of the cleanser that came with the brush out of fear that they would break me out/irritate my skin, so I have been using my neutrogena anti-blemish anti wrinkle foaming cleanser and it works perficet. Overall really great product just dont expect this product to make your skin perfect because it wont but it will definitley clean your skin better than anything else.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by crolik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

This brush literally made my face break out worse than what it was before. After reading the reviews on here and watching the you tube videos, i decided go out and purchase it. The sales ladies were so pushy that it was funny. I had three of them surrounding and convincing me to purchase this. I was still kinda hesitate in purchasing it bc of the price, but i gave in. I used it, and broke out with pimples through out my face.I was probably going through the "purging" phase (as warned)...but i couldn't take it. The purging didn't go away, i still kept purging and purging. I probably had this brush for about 2-3 weeks and i returned it. I bought it from dillards so thankfully i was able to return it. It just wasn't for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by babygirl95

I got the Classic Clarisonic brush about 3 months ago. I have the pink one! It is very cute! When I first heard about the Clarisonic I really didn't want it. I didn't see what the big hype was and I thought it was a very expensive device. I just got my esthetician license and people look at me and expect me to have nice skin. When I first started esthetician school, my acne had come back. My skin looked awful. I didn't know what to do anymore. My dermatologist prescribed more over the counter creams but I couldn't use them because I was attending esthetician school and the creams made my skin very sensitive which was an issue when we did facials on each other all day. When I started using the clarisonic I immediately saw a difference in my skin. I think this has a lot to do with the high quality cleansers I used (mostly Aveda) but I think it was also due to the amazing gentle exfoliation this device gives. Depending on your skin type, I don't think you should use this more than once a day. I love this at night. I love seeing how much makeup comes off my skin with this thing. I have found that this device has balanced my skin. I used to have oily skin and now I find my skin is more on the normal side. I don't break out as much as I used to. As an esthetician, people expect me to have great looking skin. I have gotten so many compliments on my skin since I started using this! It makes me feel amazing because I have suffered from acne and breakouts for so long! To receive compliments means a lot...because I have worked very hard to get my skin into the condition that it is in.

I do recommend cleaning your brush head weekly with antibacterial soap. I also don't like to leave my clarisonic in my shower even though I often use it in there.

I don't think this device is god's gift to skincare but it's pretty amazing. I think getting your skin into the best condition possible has a lot to do with the products you use. If you are going to invest in this device, go out and get quality dermatologist or esthetician recommended products. Your skin is an investment and so should the products you put on it. This device paired with quality products is definitely the way to achieve healthy, glowing skin. No, my skin isn't perfect now but it looks a lot better than it used to. My skin is softer, more balanced, is more radiant and when I get a breakout it goes away a lot sooner. It makes me happy! I am proud of my skin today and I think the Clarisonic helped my skin a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by SMOOTHGIRL

The Clarisonic has changed my skin completely. Reduced pores, better tone, less acne. A dream come true if you use it as directed. Highly recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by TheMostCake

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved the clarisonic... at first. My skin immediately looked better than ever before. My redness was gone. My pores were clean and almost invisible. My skin was smooth and soft. Then one morning after two weeks of twice a day use, I looked in the mirror and noticed broken capillaries. I got out my magnifying mirror and took a closer look. To my complete horror, my cheeks, nose, and chin were covered in tiny broken blood vessels. I can't prove it was the Clarisonic, but the timing certainly points to it. I beg everyone to start out slowly if you must try the Clarisonic... and pay attention, because broken capillaries are permanent and mine make me VERY sad !

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No