April 17, 2014 | 1873 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by crolik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

This brush literally made my face break out worse than what it was before. After reading the reviews on here and watching the you tube videos, i decided go out and purchase it. The sales ladies were so pushy that it was funny. I had three of them surrounding and convincing me to purchase this. I was still kinda hesitate in purchasing it bc of the price, but i gave in. I used it, and broke out with pimples through out my face.I was probably going through the "purging" phase (as warned)...but i couldn't take it. The purging didn't go away, i still kept purging and purging. I probably had this brush for about 2-3 weeks and i returned it. I bought it from dillards so thankfully i was able to return it. It just wasn't for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by babygirl95

I got the Classic Clarisonic brush about 3 months ago. I have the pink one! It is very cute! When I first heard about the Clarisonic I really didn't want it. I didn't see what the big hype was and I thought it was a very expensive device. I just got my esthetician license and people look at me and expect me to have nice skin. When I first started esthetician school, my acne had come back. My skin looked awful. I didn't know what to do anymore. My dermatologist prescribed more over the counter creams but I couldn't use them because I was attending esthetician school and the creams made my skin very sensitive which was an issue when we did facials on each other all day. When I started using the clarisonic I immediately saw a difference in my skin. I think this has a lot to do with the high quality cleansers I used (mostly Aveda) but I think it was also due to the amazing gentle exfoliation this device gives. Depending on your skin type, I don't think you should use this more than once a day. I love this at night. I love seeing how much makeup comes off my skin with this thing. I have found that this device has balanced my skin. I used to have oily skin and now I find my skin is more on the normal side. I don't break out as much as I used to. As an esthetician, people expect me to have great looking skin. I have gotten so many compliments on my skin since I started using this! It makes me feel amazing because I have suffered from acne and breakouts for so long! To receive compliments means a lot...because I have worked very hard to get my skin into the condition that it is in.

I do recommend cleaning your brush head weekly with antibacterial soap. I also don't like to leave my clarisonic in my shower even though I often use it in there.

I don't think this device is god's gift to skincare but it's pretty amazing. I think getting your skin into the best condition possible has a lot to do with the products you use. If you are going to invest in this device, go out and get quality dermatologist or esthetician recommended products. Your skin is an investment and so should the products you put on it. This device paired with quality products is definitely the way to achieve healthy, glowing skin. No, my skin isn't perfect now but it looks a lot better than it used to. My skin is softer, more balanced, is more radiant and when I get a breakout it goes away a lot sooner. It makes me happy! I am proud of my skin today and I think the Clarisonic helped my skin a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by SMOOTHGIRL

The Clarisonic has changed my skin completely. Reduced pores, better tone, less acne. A dream come true if you use it as directed. Highly recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by TheMostCake

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved the clarisonic... at first. My skin immediately looked better than ever before. My redness was gone. My pores were clean and almost invisible. My skin was smooth and soft. Then one morning after two weeks of twice a day use, I looked in the mirror and noticed broken capillaries. I got out my magnifying mirror and took a closer look. To my complete horror, my cheeks, nose, and chin were covered in tiny broken blood vessels. I can't prove it was the Clarisonic, but the timing certainly points to it. I beg everyone to start out slowly if you must try the Clarisonic... and pay attention, because broken capillaries are permanent and mine make me VERY sad !

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had my Clarisonic for three years and I've tried to love it but it always causes me to have redness around my nose and on my chin. My skin looks better during the times when I don't use it. I do not have overly sensitive skin. I've tried several different cleansers and only used the sensitive skin brush with a light touch but I find I get more broken capillaries and redness no matter what. Yes, it removes makeup really well, but that's about it for me. I can see it being useful for someone with younger acne prone skin but it does nothing for my 48 year old skin. In fact, it causes more problems for me. I've really tried to love it because it seems to do so much good for so many people but I'm officially shelving it as far as use for my face is concerned.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by becomingshadows

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like so many others I was on the fence about the Clarisonic Pro. I had read so many glowing reviews, but at $225 it is probably an expensive and unnecessary addition to my skincare arsenal. First off, I would like to say that I totally read each and every review on Makeup Alley before I made my purchase. I weighed the pros and cons and was confident that the Pro would change my life! Of course with that high expectations, it is easy to imagine why I was disappointed. While the product did take ALL the makeup off my face, it did not change my pore size or decrease the appearance of blemishes. And because I use mineral makeup, leftovers on my face never caused any breakouts.

All in all I am happy I tried it out, otherwise I would have been in envy of all the other Pro owner. But as for bang on the buck...its eh. Sonic technology is not needed for cleansing and the cheaper alternatives would probably be just as effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by edelk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is truly amazing for getting really smooth skin. I have had mine since July 2010 after weeks of "will I or won't I??" and honestly I think in terms of skincare, it's the best money I have every spent and I have spent (wasted?) a lot of money on cleansers, scrubs, exfoliating masks.

Before I bought it, I read up a lot on it of course and before I took the plunge I did think "can I use a rotating brush on my face twice a day "so bought a sensitive head but the thing is, it doesn't rotate it just oscillates and vibrates against your skin - it is so gentle. I just use mine for 60 seconds at night with an Elemis gentle cleanser. Im 41 and don't get spots but as I have slightly oily skin I used to get those slightly bumpy pores that always show up if you look at your face side on in the car mirror (you know what I mean) and this has got rid of every last one of them. I have also noticed that it really reduces the look of pores.

If I had to describe how it makes my skin look now, its that before my skin was clear but with the odd raised bump and open pores on my cheeks, but now it looks as though I have applied a really fine layer of primer and so pores are less visible, and everything just looks smoother.

I don't use mine twice a day as I don't really need to, but if you were particularly oily or had blocked pores you could. I did experience a purge with this (nothing major) a few tiny red bumps on my forehead but ever since, nothing. I don't use mine on the body either but it did come with a brush head for this which I must try sometime.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by thestacy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would recommend this to someone who has acne.

I would also recommend it to someone who wants healthier looking skin.

It helps my skin to absorb moisturizers. It cleans well, but the real benefit is with the moisturizers. Also, the body brush helped reduce some developing stretch marks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using my Clarisonic for probably 4 years and I still love it! I use it at least 1x a week and ever since I started there has been a noticeable difference. My skin is smoother and using bha, in conjunction, keeps my pores and skin clear!
I like the fact that Clarisonic has more than 1 setting, and you can attatch soft or medium brushes to it depending on your skins needs. I also like the fact that its waterproof! I use mine in the shower and I've never had any problems.
I wish it was a little less expensive, but its a GREAT product and I don't regreat purchasing it! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great product and I can see a difference in my skin - it looks smoother and cleaner.

I didn't have such a rosy experience with the Clarisonic in the beginning though. After about 5 days of twice-a-day use, I broke out in little red bumps ALL over my face. I don't know if this was the "purge" or an allergic reaction. They weren't exactly pimples, just small bumps. I had read some other reviews of ppl who had experienced the same thing so I decided to keep using it. I started using it only once a day for 2 min and I immediately stopped using the Clarisonic cleanser that had come with the product and switched back to my usual Cetaphil. The bumps started going away and were completely gone about 8-9 days later.

After that ordeal, everything was fine and I continue to use it every night for 2 min with Cetaphil. My skin looks better than it did before I used Clarisonic, so I consider it a good purchase.

UPDATE: I have found that if I use any setting other than the LOWEST setting, I start getting those bumps again. So for sensitive skin, use the low setting. I still use it everyday and it works great. (I just wanted to see if it would make a difference if I used the medium or high setting).