September 21, 2014 | 972 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by awchicago

I have had mine for over a year now and think it has been great for my complexion and even fthe ine lines around my month and forehead have diminished. I do not use it everyday like when I first bought it....a washcloth works pretty well to exfoliate on most days. I wish it was not as bulky for storage. It is also a little cumbersome to travel with. Overall a good investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by crawls2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS! Got it for a Christmas present from my mother and spending a year battling my acne. If you've ever used a Sonicare toothbrush and then go back to using a regular toothbrush, you know what this is all about. I had some purging for about the first 2-3 weeks or so, but almost 4 years later, nothing to speak of.

I think this is a must for a really effective skin care regimen but I also have to: drink tons of water, eat with some sense, wear sunscreen, etc. The one thing I feel certain about is that I give my skin the best chance possible to absorb all the serums, retin A, etc. that I use, thus ensuring maximum benefits.

I've never regretting purchasing this- EVER.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by stacey0125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought my clarisonic from QVC and since I was able to put it on value pay (3 payments) I thought why not try it out. I had read a lot of really great reviews and had been wanting to try this for over a year, but wasnt thrilled about the high price tag. I finally decided to just get it. I have been using this for a little over a month now and although I haven't noticed any outrageous results, I do like the way it cleans my face. When I first started using this I was using it morning and night and found that it was drying out my face a little so I only use it at night now just as a way to better clean all the days dirt and makeup off before I go to sleep and I have found that this works great. I did have a little bit of purging the first week and I almost quit using it because of this. I was getting pimples on places I never get them like on my cheeks and stuff. But I hung in there and I am glad I did. I mainly wanted this just to get rid of my clogged pores/blackheads, and like I said I haven't noticed a really major improvement with that, I do notice that my pores and blackheads are a lot smaller and less visible after I use this at night but the next day as I put on makeup and go throughout the day they go back. So I guess that sucks, but that is partly my fault for putting makeup and other crap on my face I guess. So overall this product will CLEAN your face amazingly and it is really gentle. I thought the brush would be a little harsh for my sensitive skin but I am using the normal brush and it hasn't irritated my skin at all. I didnt use any of the cleanser that came with the brush out of fear that they would break me out/irritate my skin, so I have been using my neutrogena anti-blemish anti wrinkle foaming cleanser and it works perficet. Overall really great product just dont expect this product to make your skin perfect because it wont but it will definitley clean your skin better than anything else.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by crolik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

This brush literally made my face break out worse than what it was before. After reading the reviews on here and watching the you tube videos, i decided go out and purchase it. The sales ladies were so pushy that it was funny. I had three of them surrounding and convincing me to purchase this. I was still kinda hesitate in purchasing it bc of the price, but i gave in. I used it, and broke out with pimples through out my face.I was probably going through the "purging" phase (as warned)...but i couldn't take it. The purging didn't go away, i still kept purging and purging. I probably had this brush for about 2-3 weeks and i returned it. I bought it from dillards so thankfully i was able to return it. It just wasn't for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by babygirl95

I got the Classic Clarisonic brush about 3 months ago. I have the pink one! It is very cute! When I first heard about the Clarisonic I really didn't want it. I didn't see what the big hype was and I thought it was a very expensive device. I just got my esthetician license and people look at me and expect me to have nice skin. When I first started esthetician school, my acne had come back. My skin looked awful. I didn't know what to do anymore. My dermatologist prescribed more over the counter creams but I couldn't use them because I was attending esthetician school and the creams made my skin very sensitive which was an issue when we did facials on each other all day. When I started using the clarisonic I immediately saw a difference in my skin. I think this has a lot to do with the high quality cleansers I used (mostly Aveda) but I think it was also due to the amazing gentle exfoliation this device gives. Depending on your skin type, I don't think you should use this more than once a day. I love this at night. I love seeing how much makeup comes off my skin with this thing. I have found that this device has balanced my skin. I used to have oily skin and now I find my skin is more on the normal side. I don't break out as much as I used to. As an esthetician, people expect me to have great looking skin. I have gotten so many compliments on my skin since I started using this! It makes me feel amazing because I have suffered from acne and breakouts for so long! To receive compliments means a lot...because I have worked very hard to get my skin into the condition that it is in.

I do recommend cleaning your brush head weekly with antibacterial soap. I also don't like to leave my clarisonic in my shower even though I often use it in there.

I don't think this device is god's gift to skincare but it's pretty amazing. I think getting your skin into the best condition possible has a lot to do with the products you use. If you are going to invest in this device, go out and get quality dermatologist or esthetician recommended products. Your skin is an investment and so should the products you put on it. This device paired with quality products is definitely the way to achieve healthy, glowing skin. No, my skin isn't perfect now but it looks a lot better than it used to. My skin is softer, more balanced, is more radiant and when I get a breakout it goes away a lot sooner. It makes me happy! I am proud of my skin today and I think the Clarisonic helped my skin a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by SMOOTHGIRL

The Clarisonic has changed my skin completely. Reduced pores, better tone, less acne. A dream come true if you use it as directed. Highly recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by TheMostCake

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved the clarisonic... at first. My skin immediately looked better than ever before. My redness was gone. My pores were clean and almost invisible. My skin was smooth and soft. Then one morning after two weeks of twice a day use, I looked in the mirror and noticed broken capillaries. I got out my magnifying mirror and took a closer look. To my complete horror, my cheeks, nose, and chin were covered in tiny broken blood vessels. I can't prove it was the Clarisonic, but the timing certainly points to it. I beg everyone to start out slowly if you must try the Clarisonic... and pay attention, because broken capillaries are permanent and mine make me VERY sad !

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had my Clarisonic for three years and I've tried to love it but it always causes me to have redness around my nose and on my chin. My skin looks better during the times when I don't use it. I do not have overly sensitive skin. I've tried several different cleansers and only used the sensitive skin brush with a light touch but I find I get more broken capillaries and redness no matter what. Yes, it removes makeup really well, but that's about it for me. I can see it being useful for someone with younger acne prone skin but it does nothing for my 48 year old skin. In fact, it causes more problems for me. I've really tried to love it because it seems to do so much good for so many people but I'm officially shelving it as far as use for my face is concerned.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by becomingshadows

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like so many others I was on the fence about the Clarisonic Pro. I had read so many glowing reviews, but at $225 it is probably an expensive and unnecessary addition to my skincare arsenal. First off, I would like to say that I totally read each and every review on Makeup Alley before I made my purchase. I weighed the pros and cons and was confident that the Pro would change my life! Of course with that high expectations, it is easy to imagine why I was disappointed. While the product did take ALL the makeup off my face, it did not change my pore size or decrease the appearance of blemishes. And because I use mineral makeup, leftovers on my face never caused any breakouts.

All in all I am happy I tried it out, otherwise I would have been in envy of all the other Pro owner. But as for bang on the buck...its eh. Sonic technology is not needed for cleansing and the cheaper alternatives would probably be just as effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by edelk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is truly amazing for getting really smooth skin. I have had mine since July 2010 after weeks of "will I or won't I??" and honestly I think in terms of skincare, it's the best money I have every spent and I have spent (wasted?) a lot of money on cleansers, scrubs, exfoliating masks.

Before I bought it, I read up a lot on it of course and before I took the plunge I did think "can I use a rotating brush on my face twice a day "so bought a sensitive head but the thing is, it doesn't rotate it just oscillates and vibrates against your skin - it is so gentle. I just use mine for 60 seconds at night with an Elemis gentle cleanser. Im 41 and don't get spots but as I have slightly oily skin I used to get those slightly bumpy pores that always show up if you look at your face side on in the car mirror (you know what I mean) and this has got rid of every last one of them. I have also noticed that it really reduces the look of pores.

If I had to describe how it makes my skin look now, its that before my skin was clear but with the odd raised bump and open pores on my cheeks, but now it looks as though I have applied a really fine layer of primer and so pores are less visible, and everything just looks smoother.

I don't use mine twice a day as I don't really need to, but if you were particularly oily or had blocked pores you could. I did experience a purge with this (nothing major) a few tiny red bumps on my forehead but ever since, nothing. I don't use mine on the body either but it did come with a brush head for this which I must try sometime.