Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara

3.7

Love this mascara. Gives great definition and length for me. Hope they come out with a WP version soon.

on 6/17/2007 8:19:00 AM

I love this mascara and have purchased it over and over again. I find that I have to replace it about every 2 months because it seems to start getting clumpy. So kind of expensive but worth it.

on 5/18/2007 2:43:00 PM

OK replacement for my HG Endless Performance. I agree with the others as it does take some practice to get the application "right".
Can get flaky through the day. All in all, one of the best mascaras I've tried.

on 5/13/2007 7:57:00 AM

This is an okay mascara...that's about it. It clumps on my eyelashes, but worst of all, it flakes off into my eye during the day! As far as the volume, it's good, but not for just everyday wear. People are liable to say "look at her mascara", not "look at her eyes."

on 5/2/2007 2:06:00 PM

I absolutely love this mascara. I had been using a few others and I got this one as a gift and have been hooked ever since. It definitely gives my lashes the lengthening and thickening I love and as I read in another post I too only need 2 coats to get the desired effect. I have tried so many mascaras over the years and this one truly is my favorite!

Love it love it love it. I used to use Maybelline Lash Lengthening Washable mascara but it took 4 coats to get the desired length. With the Ultimate Mascara I only need 2 coats. It also has vitamins in it to help re-build and strengthen lashes. I noticed that my eyelashes would break off with non-MK mascara, but with the Ultimate stuff they don't. I recommend everyone try it.

on 4/13/2007 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I regularly use this mascara and like it. It's very pigmented, so that's a plus. The only thing is you have to get it right the first coat you put on, or your eyelashes stick together when applying the second coat (even if you use a comb). I took a lippie off because it gets clumpy after about a month or so.

on 4/5/2007 10:28:00 PM

Yuck! This stuff makes my lashes stiff and dries before I can build the volume I need. If I try to put on more than one coat it just makes my lashes stick together and look spidery. Big waste of money!

While I love this mascara, I know thereare better wonds out there that would do the trick.It does lengthen my lashes and make them pop,but ifit'snot applied properly therewill be major clumps. I love, love, love the fact that I can perfect the bottom rowof lashes though.I would by again ifthe price was a bit better, because it's expensive compared drug store brand mascara that probably do a better job.

on 3/21/2007 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried the Ultimate mascara because Mary Kay discontinued the one I liked before it and this one is horrible. It clumps bad and starts to flake as the day wears on. It's too expensive for the product in my opinion as well. They also changed the brush to a straight applicator from a curved one, and that makes it more difficult to apply. I wouldn't buy this again.