November 1, 2014 | 1292 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Smog

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the fact that one of the ladies below me described this as a "hazelly" brown -- that description really hits the mark. To me Smog, is a burnished golden bronze brown (giving it the *slightest* hint of a green "hazel" tint) rather than your typical more coppery/reddish bronze. Smog is dark enough to use as eyeliner or to define the crease, but light enough to wear all-over for a smokey look. It is a very versatile shade but it doesn't set off my green hazel eyes (basically olive green) as much as more coppery bronze shades do. I am not sure how since Smog looks metallic in the pot or when used wet, but when blended over the lid it can get a very "dull" look to it. Therefore I take care to use it with brighter, more shimmery shades underneath to give it some life. Not really a big deal and is probably an easier problem to fix than trying to tone down a too-bright eye when using a more in-your-face bronze shade. Still a very versatile and highly recommended shade. The texture is wonderful -- soft like Stila eyeshadows, but not dusty. Good pigment payoff too. ** EDITED on 8/28/2007** I still think this is a beautiful, versatile color but I just can't get more than a few hours out of this eyeshadow without it creasing like crazy. Even when I use it wet as a liner it fades quite badly by mid-afternoon. I can't see myself repurchasing this since there has to be another bronzey eyeshadow out there that doesn't crease/fade like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2007 12:36:00 AM More reviews by bobonita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is wonderful. The brown is very different and I love using it as a contouring shadow on my eye. (asian eyes). It looks great. My face can handle makeup so the eyeshadow doesn't seem to be the only thing that sticks out on my face but it seems like it contours my brow bones more. I love it. Everybody buy it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2007 12:44:00 PM More reviews by leopardskinny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow I love this colour! It is a beautiful dark burnished bronze. I love to use this in my crease when I am doing bronze smokey eyes. The shadow stays true all day- it never fades or anything. It has quite a soft textue, with none of UD's chunky sparkle! Such a versatile colour- worth buying!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by vintagebeauty102

Such a gorgeous shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2007 6:54:00 AM More reviews by adia1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this shadow. It is a beautiful shade of bronzy dark hazelly brown.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 12:27:00 PM More reviews by illuminate1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is great. I had bought a UD pallatte and ended up returning it due to the glittery shadows, a bit to tweenish for me. I did, however, LOVE the quality of the non-glitter shadows. The pigment is amazing and the texture is smooth as silk. I had seen smog at the store and swiped on my hand.. The shimmer (NOT glitter) is just right, a nice bronze effect. This is my new HG brown.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2007 8:12:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Smog is quickly becoming one of my all time favorite e/s colors. It is a bronzey brown color w/a hint of green. This really makes my hazel eyes look amazing - it brings out both the brown & green in my eyes. There is a slight bit if glitter in this, but it isn't over done like some of the UD e/s. It is soft & blendable as well as long wearing over UDPP. My smog is in the UD Ammo palette so I love the packaging. I will definitely buy this color again & am looking forward to trying this out as a liner too.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2006 1:06:00 AM More reviews by crazylazy1004

i LOVE this color! it is a very dark brown color with a LOT of bronze shimmer and sparkle. it has a touch of gold in it that really draws attention to your eyes. It works very well as an eyeliner or when worn very close to the lashline. I love to combine it with Urban Decay Eyeshadow in "Baked" and powder on a layer of Splash's Eyeshadow in "Beach Chair" on top to get a very shimmery and sparkly look.

It works well with the "smokey" look, especially when it's a bronze/amber toned look. I would definitely repurchase this. urban decay eyeshadows are excellent in quality

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2006 12:25:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

a pretty medium bronze brown...but it doesnt flatter me as much as my MAC mulch shadow...or even my cheap-o Revlon "iced mocha" shadow.....texture and pigment is SUPERB though!!! MMM w/ yellow undertones,C5/C40 skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2006 3:17:00 PM More reviews by elusiveson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great color with a dense concentration of pigment. I apply it as eye liner... it's very subtle and shimmery. Also blends well with other colors from UD.