November 28, 2014 | 2006 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by nailbunny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I get this in jug size at Culpepers. I mix it 1:1 with Grapeseed Oil and then add 10% of the total volume Rosehip seed oil to make a wonderful body moisturiser for warm months and I add this mixture to any lotion (I like Boots Organic Baby Lotion) for winter (I just mix it in the palm of my hand before applying). I put it in my shower gel to transform it into shave gel. I don't premix the AO into them, I just mix in the palm of my hand before applying, so I can be sure it's uniform and I can vary the amount of AO depending on how my skin and hair are behaving. Another plus: the scent is very light unlike Olive Oil. It's amazingly useful and cheap, hence the jug size volume!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by mg84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews here I decided that I would like to try using this oil as a body moisturizer. I actually just purchased a small bottle of this today, and I applied this to my skin for the first time tonight after showering, and so far, i think it like it! The oil has a constistency that's not very thick or too thin and is fairly easy to apply to the skin. I find that for me it takes a little bit longer than i expected for the oil to absorb into my skin, so i think i will probably apply this only in the evening/at night. My skin does feel very soft, but it is still slightly oily feeling. I'm excited to have this though, and i hope that i will be able to include it into my skin care routine without just forgetting about it or getting lazy about it :P. I am also happy that I will be able to use this as a carrier oil when experimenting with essential oils too! I will definitely update if anything changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by mauigold

I had an old bottle of 'Now' brand sweet almond oil. Cant even remember what I bought it for but I've been on a hair drying kick lately. Which I have NEVER done in my entire life, all my life I've just shampooed, conditioned, towel dried and tied my hair up before bed. I have wavy, THICK, coarse hair that is oddly enough, easily weighed down by products and tends to look greasy if I use too much of anything. I'am SO worried that I'm going to fry my hair with my hot air brush so I bought Tresseme's heat protectant spray. It works fine I guess, cant tell anything except for the smell which is fine. BUT I was still worried that my hair would dry out so I dragged out that bottle, put my hand over the open top, kept the bottle covered with my hand and turned it over so that I got the tiniest bit on my hand, I rubbed my hands together and ran it through my hair and started blow drying away. Usually if I put anything oily into my hair I look like a grease ball but this stuff did wonders. Don't know if its because I put it in while my hair was wet but it worked! I even got several compliments on how shiny and beautiful my hair was. I absolutely love the stuff but we'll see how it does long term and how well it washes out. Don't want to jam up my hair with too much grease.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by lapome

I have been using this for years; I don't really use it as a moisturizer but as a makeup remover. First, I use a standard eye makeup remover, then I apply 4-5 drops of almon oil on the palm of may hands and rub softly all over my face. I remove with a damp cotton ball. Leaves my sking soft and clean and helps remove eye m/u traces (as well as the funny residues that bi-pahse makeup remover leave). Skin feels moisturized so I don't need to use a moisturizer if I feel lazy. BTW, it can be used as eye m/u remover on it's own, but I like my 2-steps approach better, I also use almond oil on my cuticles when I have nail polish on. My mom used to exfoliate her hands with almond oil and a pinch of kitchen salt. Overall, I think it's a great multiourpose product.

I buy it at my local pharmacy, and at least in Mexico it is a very cheap product that lasts for a long time. Better quality brands are of a thicker consistency, ime. Close your bottle tightly and don't keep your bottle for too long (don't get me wrong, any brand will last for a year and still be good). To ensure the product is always fresh I recommend you buy the smallest size available.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by kshydoe

I used to used this as a body moisturizer when I was a teenager and I'm not entirely sure why I stopped... my skin was always baby soft. I added some Jasmine to it, so it smelled good, and it was cheap and made my skin feel so silky smooth!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by cafscafe

I believe every woman should have almond oil in her kit. I have been using it as a night moisturiser on my combination skin. It soaks in perfectly overnight leaving my skin nicely balanced. For sometime now I have been trying unsuccessfully to find a good conditioner for my bleach highlighted hair that has been looking puffy and dull. Tonight on the spur of the moment added about half teaspoon to my latest conditioner (which I have been using about 3 weeks and wasnt that impressed) and how i wish I'd thought of this months ago it has worked wonders. My hair even after a hot blow dry is smooth and glossy and the highlights are much more bright and defined. I swear my hair looks 10 years younger and being a trainee hairdresser am feeling very pleased with myself lol. Go to your local Boots or chemist and ask for a bottle over the pharmacy counter 2 or 3 max.
P.S. my hair is chin length so adjust amount according to hair length.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2008 9:40:00 AM More reviews by MakeupGalinCO

Rad- haha, hven't heard that word in a while (below review). Anyway, I like this stuff. I put it in my lotion for an extra boost, I use it to remove my eyemakeup and I even put it in my face moisturizer. I like the way it makes my skin look.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2008 2:51:00 AM More reviews by ViolentPink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Use this to cut my Jojoba oil and make it a little more moisturizing for OCM. For some reason I thought it would smell sweet, maybe the title?! Haha, but it just smells like almonds, which I certainly don't mind.
The 4oz Aura Cacia Organics bottle is rad. It has this little sealed up flexible lip in the lid, so you don't dribble oil all down the sides of the bottle and onto your counter and make a greasy mess. I am still in the experimentation stage of OCM, so I may switch from this, but I will keep using this bottle because it is so well designed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2008 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Peaches27

Well, I will give it a 5 for now because I have only been using it for 3 days. So far I like it. I mean, it's not a miracle product, but it is making my face look better. I use it at night, I use it over acne medication if I need it- I spot treat with Persagel. I also added some in my moisturizer that I use in the am. I think it brought out a few pimples, but only 2 or 3 and it's slowly helping the ones I had. Overall I have better skin clarity. It doesn't make my skin oily look like I thought it would. I had a hard time deciding if I should use this or EVOO, since there were so many more reviews for that. Not sure why, but I chose this. I may try EVOO later if this works well. I have acne prone skin so I am being careful.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by showmyscars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was considering purchasing a bottle of this after reading an article about the benefits of using almond oil on your skin in a few Natural Health magazines, so when my mom showed up with a bottle of pure sweet almond oil (which she intended to use as a carrier oil) I snatched it up and she's not getting it back! This stuff is AMAZING! At first I only used it on my face at night to moisturze, figuring there was no way I could apply it in the daytime without looking like I had a severe oil problem. The next morning I woke up with dewy, refreshed, soft skin, and my skin wasn't terribly shiny!! Since then, I add a drop or two to my regular daily face lotion (I use Grassroots Happily Ever After cream), mix the 2 together, and end up with radiant skin that allows me to go makeup-free!!!!!!!!! The smell is nice, very light, and I've started using this as a moisturizer all over my body. It isn't a thick, heavy oil, and it absorbs very quickly. What I love most about it is that it makes my skin feel extremely healthy and protected - after sleeping with this on, I feel as though my skin is thicker, more moisturized, and more resistant to irritation. I have extremely sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts, but ever since I started using this my skin has been PERFECT. I could not be happier.
I use this by itself every other night. On the nights in-between, I use Paula's Choice AHA lotion and sometimes the blemish control lotion.

EDIT: This stuff is still nice, but I can't use it every night. It seems to work when used occasionally, but not effective when used constantly.