November 24, 2014 | 1160 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying that I am an oil junkie. I love to use all kinds and make my own concoctions which usually work out well. While I love Olive Oil in general, I do have to finally admit that when i continually use it, I will break out. I am prone to breakouts on my chin only and this did give me some small breakouts in other areas which I rarely if ever get. I must say that it is very moistuizing and soothing and agree with another reviewer that said to use it on your eye area only if you are prone to break outs. It is also good to use if you have over done it with an aha or exfoliating product. It will get u back on track quickly. Just dont keep using it after your skin has normalized, again if you are prone to break outs. This is of course wonderful for hair and other areas of your skin. I dont love the smell on my skin - I feel like I smell like a chicken cutlet!!!! It is just very distinct and I prefer to use it for cooking!! There are so many other wonderful oils to use on your skin that I like to experiment with different ones. My favorite right now though is Evening Primrose oil.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 5:08:00 AM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After I used this on my face it gave me a terrible break out.It did not make the skin of my body softer.It worked fine on my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by ragtagbobtail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought EVOO when I read the reviews online. I have horribly sensitive skin; I break out from everything, (even after accutane) even if it's for sensitive skin LOL. I tried EVOO on my whole face and after about a week I started getting cystic acne on the side of my face (where I usually only get that type) so I stopped using it on my face and it went away. BUT---- I have been using it on my eyes, and will NOT ever stop doing so. After I exfoliate with raw honey and sugar, I put the EVOO on my eyes and massage until it's almost absorbed, and then before I go to bed and when I wake up. The dark circles under my eyes have lightened tremendously and my creases have diminished from the massaging.

Face: Use it on your eyes, if you are prone to break out, or if you have very sensitive skin. It does clog my pores, but then again, everything does LOL.

Body: It broke me out on my chest, and my back, but I can use it anywhere else, just make sure you rub it in good.

Hair: Have not tried it yet.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by nkar23

i like to make sugar scrub with olive oil and use it on my face & body in the shower. makes it so smooth and the best part is its cheap, natural, and readily available. i took the tip on here about using it for shaving and it does work! gave me a super close shave and doesnt leave my legs dry and irritated like they usually are even when i use shaving cream & moisturizing afterward! it does gunk up the razor so make sure you wash thoroughly. overall, this product is inexpensive and everyone has at least a bottle lying around their homes. i was suuuuuuuuuuper worried about the smell being a problem because im not too fond of the scent at ALL, but it really does go away after you're done showering. it just makes my skin feel balanced, clean and smooth. so im gonna use it again. i was also worried about how it would be on my face but i just used the sugar+EVOO scrub on my face then washed it off with another cleanser and so far it is fine, no new acne or bumps or anything. so hopefully, fingers crossed, that will keep up. my skin looks amazing!! you guys please try it!

**EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have noticed right after i began using this evoo+sugar mixture in my shower and bathroom sink, a bunch of roaches have showed up! low and behold its bc roaches love sugar and they love oil/grease, and the moisture of bathrooms! so plz dont use this in your bathroom... i have stopped using it at all bc ive noticed roaches in my apartment that DEF werent there before & i keep things very clean in my house. ew~! convinced its bc of this stupid mixture.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by kushiez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it on salad, hate it on my face. Tried taking off my makeup a few nights with this stuff and ended up broken out even after cleansing with a clarisonic. I never missed real cleansing oils more in my life..

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So dissapointed in olive oil. I had thought it was amazing but it only clogged my pores and made me breakout everywhere...I faithfully tried but then just laughed at myself for continuing.

Much better with Clarins Lotus OIl.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 5:37:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Hands down this is the best beauty secret known to man! I bought this based on all the reviews here I suffer with chronically dry flaky sensitive skin that can't tolerate just anything without either drying it up or breaking me out.I use this only as a mask treat every now the first few uses I wasint impressed at how it was making my skin look after leaving it on 20 mins and washing it off I was horrified at how enlarged the pores on my nose and cheeks were and zits I hadint even had before begin to pop out from nowhere.but I bit the bullet knowing this was only all part of its natural purging process and continued to use it despite how ugly my skin was looking.but lo and behold now! oh my how lovely my skin looks and feels soft supple and glowy lit from within. it also took care of some few pesky fine lines that were forming by my nose area I have always had relatively good skin but now it is so much better my skin looks model perfect like I have been using a $150 product used in conjunction with my anr vit c serum I'm left with beautiful healthy looking skin and the price is most affordable I find this fabulous and should be a staple in every womans skin care regime love it:)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Arbybarbie1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ummm hello makeupalley Goddesses!! Thank you for clueing me in on this amazing yet simple product! I originally got my bottle of olive oil took an "egg bomb" deep conditioning treatment(love the effects of it on my hair) but noticed I got some of it ony skin and it softened my skin big time! I then looked up olive oil reviews here and shortly after slathered a thin layer all over my face and neck. It feels luxiorious and I love the smell of my olive oil. I woke up the next morning with a brightened complexion and no new breakouts! Also BONUS..my oily skin is not producing as much oil during the day and my makeup isn't sliding off anymore! So maybe my skin has just been dehydrated all these years?!?! Anyways I've been using it for over a week and love it, my skin is plumper, moisturized, behaving, calmer, and no new breakouts. By the way I uses a bottle of extra virgin cold pressed (first pressed) olive oil! Will keep using nightly!! Also I wouldn't use this under makeup it's too oily and doesn't sink in very fast. I put it on at night after washing makeup off then cleanse again in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Yishabeila

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this with a degree of success on my hair. This review is for EVOO used for facial cleansing.

It doesn't break me out and does remove thick BB creams and sunscreens, but I do feel the need to follow with a foaming cleanser. (I find the regular oil cleansing method, where you emulsify the oil with water and steam, just plain inconvenient.) The foaming cleanser I tried so far (Garnier Light Clarifying Foam) is just too efficient at removing *all* oils, so the net result is dried out skin. It's definitely not the fault of EVOO though, thus I'm giving it a high rating.

EVOO is cheap and good, but I stopped using it until I can find a companion foaming cleanser that doesn't strip my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by thefallenangel525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i've only used this for a day so i really hope it doesn't clog me but so far it is quite magical. Not a miracle product though but well worth it. I have dry skin with clogged pores. There are hard sebum bits in all the pores on my nose and on the sides. The thing is that area is also the driest part of my skin... Yay... So, I used this product yesterday by massaging quite a bit all over my face, and I could FEEL the little gritty sebum bits coming out. I just rinsed my face after and used my normal moisturizer, and this morning, my skin looked a lot smoother. It isn't totally clear of clogs but there is definitely an improvement. I hope continues to work for me!

Edit: Clogged me if I used every night but I still use it occasionally.