January 28, 2015 | 1949 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2008 1:59:00 AM More reviews by my_vanity_is_a_mess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love using this as a lip exfoliator especially! works just as well as expensive products, but without all the weird ingredients. Best of all it doesn't irritate my eyes, like when i accidently get one of the grains in my eyes from my other scrubs (st ives) it stings like all hell. I'll have to try brown sugar next!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this as a scrub on my face with 1.5 T. extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 c. sugar and 1 T. honey. After using it once, my face was smooth as a baby's bottom and it lasts for hours after! My face was glowing like the sun which is something I don't really need but it's not bad either. This scrub would be GREAT for someone with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by ManAndWoman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is what I do for a great soft feel:
I mix half a cup of olive oil, a few tablespoons of honey, and half a cup of sugar into a bowl. I steam my body in the shower for a while and then start scrubbing. Do this before and after shaving, or before you hop into bed with that lucky, special guy. He'll be loving it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by aychan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used sugar as a scrub before because apparently it helps get rid of acne and acne scars. anyways, i dont think it actually did much for me... but then again thats just me. it does leave your skin smooth... but honestly, im a very messy person when it comes to face washing... so using sugar isn't the best idea. every time i use it everything gets sticky... and worst of all, it attracts bugs and ants... so yah, i dont use it as a scrub anymore. there are other cheap scrubs out there such as the apricot scrub that i would rather use.... or even asprin. and no shat i will repurchase.. hello.... its sugar! hahaha anyways didnt mean to be a party pooper, just wanted to share my experience =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by ParisFan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, so everybody knows that sugar makes THE best scrub. Brown sugar, white sugar, castor sugar, whatever. When feeling particlarly impoverished, I use this instead of buying a commercial product. (Which is, admittedly, easier that scrabbling around the kitchen!) Making your own products is fun though, and some of my most successful home-spa's have featured sugar, canola or olive oil, and honey. Sometimes I add a dollop of cream, or natural yoghurt for extra moisturisation, but mostly I just put a handful of sugar in a tupperware and take it into the shower to mix with either my showergel or my monoi or cocoa-butter oil, or Fenjal bubble bath, which has an extremely luxurious scent. When I'm in a fun mood, then I use my niece's 'Miss Shipmate" bubble bath for a bubblegum fragranced scrub. I also have a penchant for mixing it with olive oil and geranium or sandalwood aromatherapy oils. Fantastic stuff!
I would never use sugar on my face though, preferring to use salt which is softer, or caster sugar, when we have it in the house. I mix it with my usual cleanser and rinse off with clear water.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by ef604

I LOVE SUGAR!!!!! The best scrub ever!!! I mix it with honey and use it all over my body in the shower. My skin is amazingly smooth afterwards. I will try adding some essential oils to it next time. In my opinion, it works better than some of the higher end scrubs I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 9:08:00 AM More reviews by eiffadea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

uber smooth and soft skin!!thats all you need to know you guys..actually i just got out of shower after pampering my skin with this super cheap,easy handmade body scrub. ive been using the body shop body scrub for awhile and i liked it so much till today. i simply mix 2tbs of brown sugar with a tbs of EVOO and gently massage it to my whole wet skin. even though it did left my bathroom with the oil, it didn't even bother me cause when i rinse it with water,OMG my skin can never be better. i did wash it with my dove body wash though, and it makes my skin even more softer. and after that, i just put a thin layer of pure vitamin oil on my clean damp skin,and i could never ask for a better skin than this. in my next body scrub attempt, i would luv to try adding on honey,other carrier oils.i bet it'll be better. go try all you girls out there who haven't try on this cheap DIY scrub. you'll never look back at your normal chemical filled body scrub..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by PinkGlossed

Best exfoliator I've ever used (I used brown sugar instead of normal sugar though). I love it and it's super cheap. The first time I tried it was with a few friends at a sleepover. We used brown sugar and mixed it with some milk (not too much otherwise it will become runny) and it made our skin super soft (all five of us) but it does get pretty messy. Overall, this scrub is amazing. I have no idea why I spent so much money on other scrubs when I can just use sugar.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by adriyah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sugar is the best scrub out there! just mix it with any of your fave cleanser! :) Also use brown sugar! It's better! It's softer than white sugar and won't be too harsh on your skin :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by MacPops

The best and cheapest exfoliator out there. Love it, use it all the time. Face, body, hands...my feet are too bad for it (use a foot file purchased at Sally's for that). Can't imagine why I would ever waste money on expensive exfoliators when the best is right is readily available in my pantry. Try it! You'll like it! ;)