September 2, 2014 | 1893 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 9:08:00 AM More reviews by eiffadea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

uber smooth and soft skin!!thats all you need to know you guys..actually i just got out of shower after pampering my skin with this super cheap,easy handmade body scrub. ive been using the body shop body scrub for awhile and i liked it so much till today. i simply mix 2tbs of brown sugar with a tbs of EVOO and gently massage it to my whole wet skin. even though it did left my bathroom with the oil, it didn't even bother me cause when i rinse it with water,OMG my skin can never be better. i did wash it with my dove body wash though, and it makes my skin even more softer. and after that, i just put a thin layer of pure vitamin oil on my clean damp skin,and i could never ask for a better skin than this. in my next body scrub attempt, i would luv to try adding on honey,other carrier oils.i bet it'll be better. go try all you girls out there who haven't try on this cheap DIY scrub. you'll never look back at your normal chemical filled body scrub..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by PinkGlossed

Best exfoliator I've ever used (I used brown sugar instead of normal sugar though). I love it and it's super cheap. The first time I tried it was with a few friends at a sleepover. We used brown sugar and mixed it with some milk (not too much otherwise it will become runny) and it made our skin super soft (all five of us) but it does get pretty messy. Overall, this scrub is amazing. I have no idea why I spent so much money on other scrubs when I can just use sugar.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by adriyah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sugar is the best scrub out there! just mix it with any of your fave cleanser! :) Also use brown sugar! It's better! It's softer than white sugar and won't be too harsh on your skin :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by MacPops

The best and cheapest exfoliator out there. Love it, use it all the time. Face, body, hands...my feet are too bad for it (use a foot file purchased at Sally's for that). Can't imagine why I would ever waste money on expensive exfoliators when the best is right is readily available in my pantry. Try it! You'll like it! ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2008 7:21:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Best scrub I've ever used: with different-size grains for different body parts and their varying needs. This is the only scrub I've ever used successfully on my face (very thin, delicate, sensitive, redhead skin): but only using very very very fine grain caster (or indeed icing) sugar, being very gentle, and only if skin is in a more resilient state (which mine usually isn't).
It's also one of a small number that have worked on the rest of me, ex. pimply upper arms - and the cheapest by far.

As other reviewers have said, caster sugar is great on the face: just mix in with your usual cleanser, rub on gently, rinse off. Can be kept in an elegant container in the shower. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Zevie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use plain ol' white sugar from my kitchen a few times a week on my face. All I do is wet my face, lather my face up with ivory soap (my HG....perfect for oily and acne prone skin!) and add sugar. I scrub my face with the sugar and the soap into it dissolves. My skin is left clean and completely smooth! I glow afterwards. I don't really scrub any other part of my body because I don't really feel the need. However, sometimes I mix sugar and olive oil and scrub my legs when I want to show them off and make them look perfect. Highly recommend using sugar on your face! It's cheap and works.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by acc929

I love using this as a body scrub!! Generally, I exfoliate before using self tanner. Because of this, I don't usually mix the sugar with any oil when using it because I don't want streaks. Plain old sugar, with a bit of water to make it spread easily, it just as good as the other expensive scrubs you can buy at a beauty store but cheaper and more accessible. Even without oil, plain sugar softens my skin and does a great job exfoliating. I have tried mixing sugar with olive oil before, and it made for a lovely scrub, I just don't use it often for the sake of my ST.
Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by toyarosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another use for sugar that I've found wonderful is to use it in hair. I know this sounds strange, but the last time I was at the hairdresser he said that since my hair is SO dry, I should only wash it max twice a month. This seemed crazy to me, especially since I do use product regularly (I have ridiculously curly, med-fine hair) and I was worried about build-up. He told me in the interim between washings to use a combo of conditioner and brown sugar and to massage it into my scalp, and that would get rid of any build-up without drying my hair out. It works!! I just put about a tbsp or two of brown sugar in my palm and mix with conditioner and apply it to my scalp and rub in. I usually add a lil' more conditioner to my ends since they get a bit missed. I do this maybe once a week and it keeps my hair shiny and clean-feeling and no build-up! And oddly enough it somehow has helped with the minor dandruff problem I've had forever! The one annoyance is that I don't have a container for the sugar just yet so it's a slight hassle to get it out to use each time. Otherwise, I'm lovin' this suggestion and my hair has never looked better - because it's not so dry I can use a lot less product too! So great :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 7:27:00 AM More reviews by siameselouise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Although I get regular professional pedicures, I do my own manicures at home. I mix sugar with a little olive oil and use it to exfoliate my hands--I also use a little on my feet from time to time, too, in addition to my pumice sponge. It feels great and is better than any of the commercial products I've used, including Sally Hansen's skin polisher. I do my 88 year old grandmother's nails, too, and she's also a big fan of this treatment. (Who can resist a good hand massage?) For heavy-duty foot exfoliation, I substitute kosher salt for the sugar. Works wonders!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2008 3:18:00 AM More reviews by gesiting

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I just wanted to add that in addition to fine sugar, you can use Lipton's powdered green tea mixed with the oil of your choice for a body rub. It's mostly sugar, I think, but has a very fine texture and spa-like green tea smell. Costs very little but feels like a million dollars! And you can feel free to really slather it on, often.

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No