December 18, 2014 | 906 users online

Powder - NARS - Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2005 2:56:00 AM More reviews by LiNgCiOuS

This stuff is pretty expensive , but nice. I got this in fiji, which is a little dark i should have gotten deauville instead. The finish is a velvety finish, not powdery or shiny. Coverage i would say is sheer-medium, but buildable. this has spf12 pa++, i like the nice flat packaging, but don't like nar's signature rubber. it dirties easily. i won't buy this again However, as i prefer MAC's studio perfect spf15 pa++ for less $. this would best suit slightly oily ,comi-normal-dry, but neither extremes, as with mac studio perfect

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2005 11:25:00 PM More reviews by JKuhlmorgen

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a regular BE user, but I wanted to have a pressed foundation I could carry in my purse to work, for touchups and travel. I am combo to dry, BE 1.2, and MAC C3, and I chose Deauville. It is a very good match. I had tried MUFE's powder foundation, and was really pleased with it. However, being a huge fan of NARS blushes, I just had to try NARS powder foundation. I have a fair bit of rosacea, which my BE covers up nicely. I put the NARS foundation on my red areas first, with a velour puff. Then I used a kabuki brush to apply it all over my face. My red areas were exposed after just an hour! I can wear my BE all day without this happening. And the MUFE pressed powder foundation gave much better coverage too, without disappearing, for most of the day.

Overall, I would say that if you want sheer coverage, this is a very good option. It does even out the skin tone nicely, and didn't give me any flakies. The color choices are good, and the compact is very classy looking. I guess I will be sticking with my MUFE powder for touchups, however. Covering up the redness is my first priority. I have no idea about breakouts with this product. It just doesn't stay on my face long enough for me to find out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2005 11:12:00 AM More reviews by bofuz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am totally in love with this product! I have Deauville (I am a MAC C3). I have tried just about every powder foundation out there. I have combo skin. This has great staying power & that is something for me. It gives a gorgeous soft finish. I use this with Laguna brozing powder for the prettiest color. The only thing I don't care for is the compact. It is huge! I guess this could be a good point though, you get your money's worth.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2005 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Kbeet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I finally bought NARS powder fdtn. in Sahara and I am glad I did. I love spending time on make-up on the weekends but I just never give myself enough time in the mornings...so I need make-up that is easy to apply in a rush. This powder fdtn. is great! I just swipe it on...and in seconds I have glowy, pretty skin! I even use this under my eyes and it never gets in my fine lines...like many concealers I have. I actually put this on first and if I need more coverage I put my concealer over it. I myself do not like the "feel" of makeup all over my face so I just apply one coat...but I imagine if you needed more coverage you could apply another coat and have great coverage. For reference I am warm toned with some redness...and I do tan. Sahara has more peach than yellow tones to it. Overall it is worth the $45!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2005 9:40:00 PM More reviews by shay2005

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do love this powder foundation but to get coverage I use nars antilles and sedona powder foundation on top and I look flawless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2005 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Asphodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Am quite happy with this overall, this powder foundation gives a liquid foundation like finish. the powder is very fine and gives a natural matte silky finish. A very convenient product with SPF 12, works great when in a rush, I apply this with sponge wedge at home (and only use the sponge that comes with the case for touchups), it sets concealer and have my face even out and shine free in 30 secs! I got this in Fuji which was a perfect match to my summer tan but now a shade darker than my complexion, will probably switch back to my Chantecaille compact foundation for the winter months when my tan fades. I have no problem with the size of the case, I find the 'suede-like' frosted plastic texture of all the NARS cases very nice... hate those shiny silver/gold reflective cases that show finger prints like crazy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2005 11:17:00 PM More reviews by kjjamm808

Fantastic product! I am majorly sensitive with normal/oily skin prone to breakouts. I applied this powder foundation in the morning and it stayed on ALL day with no touch-up...not to mention, no breakouts! It also makes my blush last longer. I am an NC35-37 and got this is Budapest. The compact I agree is a little chunky, but it is super-durable and the product itself is top quality. UPDATE: After using this for about 2 weeks, I noticed major breakouts on my forhead and chin. Stopped the product and breakouts went away. Shame, I liked this a lot, but I guess I will not be repurchasing :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2005 10:13:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

I agree with the reviewer below. This powder foundation is nothing special(same quality as drugstore brands). I also have really oily skin and this did not stay on. The color didn't match my skin at all and not to mention it cost me $65 CAD and the refill costs $45! Totally not worth it. I will be returning this tomorrow at Holt Renfrew. For something that is worth $65 I would expect better overall quality! But I really like the packaging!!! So for that I'm giving it 2 lippies! Overall it's crap! TOTALLY OVERATED!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2005 8:38:00 AM More reviews by lthai

the case is cool, but a bit bulky. the powder goes on like silk, deauville matched my skin perfectly (mac c3). light to buildable medium coverage. oil breakthrough within a couple of hours, though my skin is excessively oily and nothing manages to stop it. i like it, but overall it is not worth the $45, $35 for the refill. it's nothing spectacular. i feel like Cover Girl Tru Blend powder foundation is pretty much on par with this. for that amount of money i expect a HG, alas it is not...the search continues.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2005 12:10:00 AM More reviews by deelasoul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm new to the world of powder foundations. I've always used liquids, but wanted something I could put on quickly when I'm in a rush and for touch-ups during the day. It probably sounds silly, but I chose this simply because I'm a recent NARS convert and have been loving my new mini Lip Lacquer palette.

I'm extremely impressed so far. I'd never have guessed that I could get such a natural looking finish from a powder, but this somehow just disappears into my skin, evens out my skintone and keeps oiliness at bay without appearing too matte or powdery. It's so light that it almost seems like it's not covering anything, but after I'm done, it looks flawless. DH couldn't even tell I was wearing makeup!

I only have a few small gripes. I'm a true GGG with a very strong yellow undertone and chose Sahara because it was a perfect match in terms of depth. The tone is slightly more peach or orange than I'd like, but because it blends so well, it works and looks like my skin. I'm also not crazy about the compact. It's very stylish but a bit clunky. The powder pan itself is very thin, but it lifts up to reveal a huge compartment for storing the sponge. The back of the compact has holes in it, theoretically to allow the sponge to dry, but the directions say to apply it dry, so I'm not sure what the holes are for. The sponge itself is very soft and easy to work with, but you can also apply the powder with a brush.

Overall, I'm very happy. Just keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't break me out!

P.S. I've been asked on the MU board about the ingredients, so I scanned the box and put a pic in my profile.

UPDATE: After using this for about two weeks, I'm pretty sure it caused me to break out in a few small bumps on my chin and an actual zit on my cheek. I haven't used it for the past three days and my skin is clearing up. I exchanged it for the LM Foundation Powder and am liking it much better. continued >>