Stila Perfecting Concealer

3.6

HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE [] TALC [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] SQUALANE [] DIPENTAERYTHRITYL HEXAHYDROXYSTEARATE/HEXASTEARATE/HEXAROSINATE [] HYDROGENATED STYRENE/ ISOPRENE COPOLYMER [] NYLON-12 [] ETHYLHEXYL STEARATE [] STEARALKONIUM HECTORITE [] BORON NITRIDE [] TOCOPHERYL LINOLEATE [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] HEXYLENE GLYCOL [] PROPYLENE CARBONATE [] BHT [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] [ /-(MAY CONTAIN) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) [] ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)]

I use this concealer mainly under my eyes after I've applied Stila's Illuminating Liquid Foundation. I use shade g which is a great match for me. Some might think its expensive, but you use so little that it seems it would last forever. The SA told me she had hers for 5 months and it looked brand new. It retails for $25 CDN if I remember correctly but is well worth the price. I also bought Stila's #26 Perfecting Concealer Brush (Short-Handle) to apply it with. In the past I've used MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 which I thought was too thick and their Studio Stick Concealer which I thought was good but finished too quickly for the price. This Perfecting Concealer is awesome, the best I've tried so far and I will definately repurchase. My new HG!

After careful consideration, I've realized that shade g is too dark for me and after a consultation with a different MA, we decided I was really shade f. I've been using shade f for a few months now and am very happy. Shade g has been delegated to mask the redness around my nose (since its only one shade off - its hardly noticeable). I just recently went to an event and now the MA who did my makeup there told me I'm shade e! What to do? LOL. I still have tons of f and g left - I'm going to stick with f for now and see what happens in a few months. Although I like this, I want to try something new next time - I can always come back to this. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I actually found a perfect match for my pale skin with the "A" shade of this product. It's thick, covers well, and blends flawlessly. My tube will probably last a year because a little bit goes a really long way. Excellent product! I'll be sharing my love for this stuff with all my friends and relatives.

I bought this concealer last week. I like it so far! Pretty good for its price. you need just a bit of it to cover blemishes and dark circles, so the product is not expensive if you think that you can use it for a year or so. Well worth it! The texture is good too. I don't agree with negative reviews. This cocealer, in fact, stays on. It is not shiny at all! One review made me laugh because the person has not even bought the product and has not even tried the product on her face, just on a hand! and already wrote a negative review.
I put a mark "would not buy again", because concealer lasts me a while. I have been using my Clinique airbrush concealer for over a year! I like to try new products and brands, this is why I would try something else next time. But I am very pleased with this concealer. The package is very nice and convenient as well.

I rely on my concealer to cover my bluish-purple undereye circles and look natural with my bare face since I only use foundation or powder on big events. (Stila has the best yellow-toned colors of anyone, imho)

I switched to this from Stila's stick concealer in B, which was too thick but applied lightly was the best color match to cover and counteract the circles. I've tried MAC's cream (too cakey) and liquid concealers (smoother and more liquid, but creases and wrinkles stand out like mountains and valleys) but the colors were ashy and the coverage too anemic; Jane Iredale's concealer was a chalky, greasy mess, and BB/LM tend to be too pale or too dark or the wrong tone.

Stila perfecting concealer isn't a HG concealer, but it is the one I use now. It blends well, coverage is good, the color match is fantastic, and a little dab (the size of three or so pinheads covers everything from inner corner to cheekbone to outer corner) goes a long, long way, so the price ($22 at Sephora) isn't all that high. I repeat: do not use too much! Use too little on the first application rather than too much.

I only put this under my eyes. I put in on my nose and face a couple of times and it clogged pores and broke me out, but it's safe under my eyes (the MAC liquid concealer was the same way). I'm back to using Stila's stick concealer on my face.

Skin needs to be well-moisturized and exfoliated, or the concealer will rub up flaky skin. I apply with the tip of my ring finger and dab away or use my NARS #7 concealer brush.

I just got this product so I've used it once only. It covers quite well with just a tiny amount of product. Quite impressive really...(I have very bad undereye circles so I'm always on a look out for new concealers to try) However, I got it in its lightest shade(shade a) and it was not a light enough match for me. What I do then is to apply this first and then use a lighter concealer over it.

Edit: I've used this concealer for awhile now and I realised shade a is just right for me actually.Nothing too orangey or yellow(a problem with MAC moisturecover concealer). I'm not terribly fair so I think perhaps Stila should have lighter colours so that fairer girls can have better shade selections. I like that this concealer is light and quite pigmented so it covers pretty well. Nothing exceptional (i'm still looking for my HG) but its worth a shot nevertheless.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Have been using this for about 10 weeks and I love it so far. I had been using Stila's stick concealer for three years, but when Sephora was out of my shade, I decided to try this instead. I think it goes on smoother and looks more natural than the stick. I apply it with a Stila brush, can't remember what size at the moment... It covers my blemishes SO well! A little bit goes a long way too.

So I have this running joke with myself that the first time people see me without makeup they tell me I look tired, due to my dark, cavernous undereye region. But I hardly ever wear makeup to work in the morning because...it's in the morning, so people there are used to seeing me bare-faced. But then one day after I bought this I stole to the bathroom and dabbed it under my eyes, hoping it'd make me look more awake. Immediately after I returned to the office, somebody informed me, "You look tired." That's...probably a bad sign.

On the other hand, it covers up blemishes pretty well (at least, I think it does), but doesn't seem to last very long. OK, I'll get back to you on this stuff, because I spent like twenty dollars on it and don't want to feel like a chump.

wow - this stuff really helped this morning ... i had big circles under my eyes ... so i was very happy when i put this on. It settled a tiny bit into some of my creases under my eyes but thats ok ...

very cool indeed ... hopefully it will become my HG!

btw - i am a NC30 and i bought shade d.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am really impressed with this concealer. It gives great buildable coverage for circles & blemishes. I have oily skin and this stays put all day! I'm a 40watt and use shade D.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

OK, let me tell you from the start that this is a partial review. I'm always on the lookout for a new concealer, and after reading about this one, I decided to check it out. It sounded good--creamy (for my dry undereye area) with good coverage (for my dark circles). When in Sephora, I squeezed a bit onto my (unmoisturized) hand, patted it out, noted that it has quite a bit of light-reflecting properties, thought it felt good and covered well and that I would buy it. I also wanted to get the new Fluid Highlighter #3 and had to rummage in the drawers a bit to find it. By the time I did (about 3 minutes), I noticed that the concealer had separated and practically disappeared from my hand, leaving only a bit of shine! I was very disappointed, to say the least, but glad I hadn't purchased it. So try this before you buy, or be sure you can return it, especially oily-skinned girls.

Top Rated Stila Products