February 28, 2015 | 1855 users online

Concealers - Stila - Perfecting Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2006 3:44:00 PM More reviews by hellena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this concealer last week. I like it so far! Pretty good for its price. you need just a bit of it to cover blemishes and dark circles, so the product is not expensive if you think that you can use it for a year or so. Well worth it! The texture is good too. I don't agree with negative reviews. This cocealer, in fact, stays on. It is not shiny at all! One review made me laugh because the person has not even bought the product and has not even tried the product on her face, just on a hand! and already wrote a negative review.
I put a mark "would not buy again", because concealer lasts me a while. I have been using my Clinique airbrush concealer for over a year! I like to try new products and brands, this is why I would try something else next time. But I am very pleased with this concealer. The package is very nice and convenient as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2006 8:22:00 PM More reviews by fitnessa

I rely on my concealer to cover my bluish-purple undereye circles and look natural with my bare face since I only use foundation or powder on big events. (Stila has the best yellow-toned colors of anyone, imho)

I switched to this from Stila's stick concealer in B, which was too thick but applied lightly was the best color match to cover and counteract the circles. I've tried MAC's cream (too cakey) and liquid concealers (smoother and more liquid, but creases and wrinkles stand out like mountains and valleys) but the colors were ashy and the coverage too anemic; Jane Iredale's concealer was a chalky, greasy mess, and BB/LM tend to be too pale or too dark or the wrong tone.

Stila perfecting concealer isn't a HG concealer, but it is the one I use now. It blends well, coverage is good, the color match is fantastic, and a little dab (the size of three or so pinheads covers everything from inner corner to cheekbone to outer corner) goes a long, long way, so the price ($22 at Sephora) isn't all that high. I repeat: do not use too much! Use too little on the first application rather than too much.

I only put this under my eyes. I put in on my nose and face a couple of times and it clogged pores and broke me out, but it's safe under my eyes (the MAC liquid concealer was the same way). I'm back to using Stila's stick concealer on my face.

Skin needs to be well-moisturized and exfoliated, or the concealer will rub up flaky skin. I apply with the tip of my ring finger and dab away or use my NARS #7 concealer brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2006 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

I just got this product so I've used it once only. It covers quite well with just a tiny amount of product. Quite impressive really...(I have very bad undereye circles so I'm always on a look out for new concealers to try) However, I got it in its lightest shade(shade a) and it was not a light enough match for me. What I do then is to apply this first and then use a lighter concealer over it.

Edit: I've used this concealer for awhile now and I realised shade a is just right for me actually.Nothing too orangey or yellow(a problem with MAC moisturecover concealer). I'm not terribly fair so I think perhaps Stila should have lighter colours so that fairer girls can have better shade selections. I like that this concealer is light and quite pigmented so it covers pretty well. Nothing exceptional (i'm still looking for my HG) but its worth a shot nevertheless.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2006 3:30:00 AM More reviews by TennisDivaLisa

Have been using this for about 10 weeks and I love it so far. I had been using Stila's stick concealer for three years, but when Sephora was out of my shade, I decided to try this instead. I think it goes on smoother and looks more natural than the stick. I apply it with a Stila brush, can't remember what size at the moment... It covers my blemishes SO well! A little bit goes a long way too.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2005 2:51:00 PM More reviews by quandarical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I have this running joke with myself that the first time people see me without makeup they tell me I look tired, due to my dark, cavernous undereye region. But I hardly ever wear makeup to work in the morning because...it's in the morning, so people there are used to seeing me bare-faced. But then one day after I bought this I stole to the bathroom and dabbed it under my eyes, hoping it'd make me look more awake. Immediately after I returned to the office, somebody informed me, "You look tired." That's...probably a bad sign.

On the other hand, it covers up blemishes pretty well (at least, I think it does), but doesn't seem to last very long. OK, I'll get back to you on this stuff, because I spent like twenty dollars on it and don't want to feel like a chump.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2005 9:47:00 PM More reviews by mjlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wow - this stuff really helped this morning ... i had big circles under my eyes ... so i was very happy when i put this on. It settled a tiny bit into some of my creases under my eyes but thats ok ...

very cool indeed ... hopefully it will become my HG!

btw - i am a NC30 and i bought shade d.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2005 2:50:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am really impressed with this concealer. It gives great buildable coverage for circles & blemishes. I have oily skin and this stays put all day! I'm a 40watt and use shade D.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 11:46:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

OK, let me tell you from the start that this is a partial review. I'm always on the lookout for a new concealer, and after reading about this one, I decided to check it out. It sounded good--creamy (for my dry undereye area) with good coverage (for my dark circles). When in Sephora, I squeezed a bit onto my (unmoisturized) hand, patted it out, noted that it has quite a bit of light-reflecting properties, thought it felt good and covered well and that I would buy it. I also wanted to get the new Fluid Highlighter #3 and had to rummage in the drawers a bit to find it. By the time I did (about 3 minutes), I noticed that the concealer had separated and practically disappeared from my hand, leaving only a bit of shine! I was very disappointed, to say the least, but glad I hadn't purchased it. So try this before you buy, or be sure you can return it, especially oily-skinned girls.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2005 11:05:00 PM More reviews by scute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This covers pretty good, and brightens my dark circles, but it did crease a little about halfway through the day. Other than that, the texture is nice and it is a good match (i chose shade C). I'm a warm LLL.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2005 6:43:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this concealer very much. My skin is combo and I needed a concealer for blemishes, imperfections, and under eye darkness. Even though I use eye cream daily, I had problems with heavier concealers settling into the fine lines around my eye and making them looks worse! This concealer, does just an OK job under my eyes. It looks great in the AM, but by mid afternoon, it has settled into my tiny creases, no matter what AM eye moisturizer I use. I am beginning to think it is me.

It works great for concealing everything else. Use a dabbing technique for blemishes and set with powder. It will last all day and not clog pores. It will seem as though the price is high for a small tube, but it is not. You need such a tiny amount that I cannot imagine when I will need to buy more of this product. I also highly recommend the Stila concealer brush (#11). The proper brush to apply makes all the difference in the world! I can make my face look flawless with this concealer!