August 1, 2014 | 1178 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nuxe - Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2003 11:29:00 PM More reviews by AmandaMPC

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For various reasons (genetics as well as VERY frequent coloring and highlighting and lightening... oh my!) I suffer from what I refer to as "horse tail hair" - coarse, running to wiry, frizzy in a maddening way. What I'm glad to report is that the suffering has now moved into the past tense thanks to this (agreeable smelling) oil, which I smooth (along with one other hair grooming product - sometimes Fudge One-Shot, sometimes B+B Grooming Creme) into still damp hair and then put up/braid up/air dry. The result is the softest, most touchable hair I've had since, what, fifth grade? Haven't used it for anything else but would imagine it's excellent for all purposes!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2003 4:52:00 PM More reviews by micheledv

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This dry oil softens your skin and leaves a lovely sheen. However, I do not like the powdery smell and would not purchase it again for that reason.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2003 12:59:00 AM More reviews by jmil08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! Gives a subtle sheen, not too "glittery." Someone said they hated the smell, I love it!! I layer it with Marc Jacobs Hair Shine and it smells great, or even by itself. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2003 2:14:00 PM More reviews by okinawa

Way to go! I love this dry oil, softens my skin, doesn't make my face shine, doesn't irritate or sting my skin. Smells wonderful.I use it all over - works great, but I won't recommend it for your hair, though Nuxe says it'll work. It doesn't!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2003 5:46:00 AM More reviews by chase

This is the first time i've used a dry oil and i'm somewhat pleased. I reccomend that you apply after taking a shower as the oil blends better onto damp skin. It'll feel a little oily at first but after a while, it'll absorb right into your skin. The fragrance is quite pleasant but i'm more partial to vanilla scents. I actually really wanted the Nuxe oil with shimmer as it looked so gorgeous...maybe i'll get it next time. :) I also use this in my hair to give it some moisture.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2002 3:14:00 AM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the quality of this dry oil spray but the smell annoys me. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2002 10:56:00 PM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read J Lo uses this for her glow so I was immediately sold! Although expensive and HARD to find, the size of the bottle is well worth it. I've tried it once and it didn't work as well as I had hoped but I'm willing to give it another try and I'm willing to try another shade. Surprisingly it wasn't greasy at all and my face got a great glow but use sparingly on the face or it will shine!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2002 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Though I think this is a very nice dry oil (not greasy at all) it was a bit pricey. I think I will stick with something a bit more affordable, but if you can afford it, it has a nice feel to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2002 12:22:00 PM More reviews by proflady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this body oil. It really helps dryness, sinks in quickly so that my skin doesn't feel oily at all, and smells heavenly. A bonus I discovered -- since it is made with essential oils, it has a healing effect. For example it will help to heal up razor burn or irritated patches. It is kind of expensive, but I can't stop buying it either.