Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

4.2

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

on 5/3/2007 12:21:00 PM

I'm not absolutely bowled over by this product but it is very pretty over tanned skin in summer. It provides a very light level of moisturisation, but I suspect many buy it more for the 'gleam' than as a heavy duty emmolient. The one thing I really love about it is the smell! I know, I know, others have hated the smell (but then I hate practically every packaged perfume on the planet - apart from Anais Anais - so I suspect my nose works rather differently from most people), but this smell reminds me of years ago and sunbathing in my teens. Was it Bergasol or Piz Buin that used to smell like this stuff?...one of the two, anyway it transports me staight back to being 16 - bliss!

on 5/3/2007 11:36:00 AM

This is a wonderful, multi-purpose product. It's fantastic as a moisturizer for face and body, and I also like to use it sparingly on the ends of my hair (on its own, or mixed with a small dab of Frederick Fekkai Glossing Cream). It smells absolutely divine. I have a large mister size of the plain, and a smaller size of the shimmer version, and both are wonderful.

on 11/20/2006 11:49:00 AM

I think this is a very expensive item for what you get, however, it does contain some precious oils and a little goes a long way. The scent, I have learned to love. It does, indeed, as one writer put it, smell like Southern France in the summer. I doubted the moisturizing ability from a 'dry' oil, however, this keeps my poor winter hands soft and silky for most of the day, in spite of repeated hand washings. I received this as a GWP but I believe I will purchase this when it runs out.

on 8/11/2006 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I had been using Decleor's Neroli oil for quite some time, and while I love Decleor oils, I hate hate the steep price tags. I discovered this oil accidently, and decided to give it a try (especially since there was a GWP being offered at the time). Well, I love it, dare I say, more than the Decleor...I find that it absorbs perfectly into my skin. I also like to mix it with my body lotion, and it does a great job of giving a healthy shine to my hair. Best of all, I can just pop it into my bag and take it with me wherever I go. Fantastic multi-usage product.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have this oil, as well as the monoi oil from Hei Poa. For those who think the smell of Nuxe is bad, you should try Hei Poa..it's much worse!!!
But Nuxe is a very light oil, and even though I am oily-skinned, it agrees with me! It's a great substitute for my creams and lotions and great for summer when I can splash it on anywhere!
Might want to try the shimmer one now!

on 5/26/2006 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am in love with this product. It really is multipurpose. For the past week I've applied it everywhere...as a light body moisturizer after the bath, on my face to soothe any dry patches, and in my hair to add some gloss and softness. I'm a fan of oils in general, but I've never used one that worked as an all over treatment - literally! Like all "dry" oils, it sinks in quickly and doesn't leave a greasy film. Light floral/herbal smell...kind of hard to describe, but it's very "spa" type of scent. Mildly aromatherapeutic. Pricey, but well worth the splurge. I'm beginning to love the Nuxe skincare/bodycare line. Their products are all agreeing with me :D

on 1/4/2006 5:05:00 AM

I think this scent is just overwhelming. But it can help me with my dry patches on my arms. It is a little too oily consistency, too.

on 11/23/2005 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have never used this on my hair or nails, only on my body, quite greasy, so I only use on dry bits, great smell, love it, would love to try the one with gold flecks.

Discovered this product about 2 years ago. As others have already described it is a light spray that you can use sparingly. I use about 2/3 sprays per arm as I like to indulge myself. It dries really quickly and leaves the skin feeling really silky and with a lovely glow. It also smells divine. Back to its effects though, it really hydrates skin and leaves skin feeling well moisturised up to the next shower. I have used it on my face from time to time for a boost, and also when i have been swimming in the sea I put it on my hair afterwards until I can get into a shower to reduce any damage. My dad has also started robbing bottles of the stuff to use as his aftershave/moisturiser!

I've been using this product for a long time especially during summer. It's completely addictive: smells so good, gives your skin a soft glow and leaves it really moisturized. Can't live without it.

Popular Lotions / Creams