August 21, 2014 | 1882 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nuxe - Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2004 9:20:00 AM More reviews by schaetzchen

I'm using it as a moisturiser on my back, shoulders and decolette. I tend to have some acne there, but this is the only moisturiser, which didn't make my skin break out, although it is an oil(dry).
I'm also using it alone or with "Eau Prodigeuse" or John Frieda's "Spotlight" on my hair. The result is beautiful, shiny and healthy-looking hair. I do rarely straighten it, but when I do, I always put, after one part of the hair's straightened, some of the oil on. So it kinda repairs my hair after the damage I've done to it ;) and leaves it healthy-looking. I noticed, that it also helps to keep my straightened hair from getting wavy until I wash it.
A definite must-have!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2004 7:15:00 AM More reviews by Viridian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you put a gun to my head and told me I was only allowed one skincare product. Out of ALL the nonsense I own and use, this product would be the one.

I've used this for a few years now, and I really can't live without it! I use it as a base for my moisturiser in winter, it's easily absorbed and adds a healthy sheen to my skin. The smell isn't too overbearing and wears off quickly.
It's also fantastic for cuticles, you can add it to hair serum for a conditioning boost, and great to use on exposed skin for a nice sheen on evenings out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2003 11:29:00 PM More reviews by AmandaMPC

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For various reasons (genetics as well as VERY frequent coloring and highlighting and lightening... oh my!) I suffer from what I refer to as "horse tail hair" - coarse, running to wiry, frizzy in a maddening way. What I'm glad to report is that the suffering has now moved into the past tense thanks to this (agreeable smelling) oil, which I smooth (along with one other hair grooming product - sometimes Fudge One-Shot, sometimes B+B Grooming Creme) into still damp hair and then put up/braid up/air dry. The result is the softest, most touchable hair I've had since, what, fifth grade? Haven't used it for anything else but would imagine it's excellent for all purposes!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2003 4:52:00 PM More reviews by micheledv

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This dry oil softens your skin and leaves a lovely sheen. However, I do not like the powdery smell and would not purchase it again for that reason.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2003 12:59:00 AM More reviews by jmil08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! Gives a subtle sheen, not too "glittery." Someone said they hated the smell, I love it!! I layer it with Marc Jacobs Hair Shine and it smells great, or even by itself. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2003 2:14:00 PM More reviews by okinawa

Way to go! I love this dry oil, softens my skin, doesn't make my face shine, doesn't irritate or sting my skin. Smells wonderful.I use it all over - works great, but I won't recommend it for your hair, though Nuxe says it'll work. It doesn't!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2003 5:46:00 AM More reviews by chase

This is the first time i've used a dry oil and i'm somewhat pleased. I reccomend that you apply after taking a shower as the oil blends better onto damp skin. It'll feel a little oily at first but after a while, it'll absorb right into your skin. The fragrance is quite pleasant but i'm more partial to vanilla scents. I actually really wanted the Nuxe oil with shimmer as it looked so gorgeous...maybe i'll get it next time. :) I also use this in my hair to give it some moisture.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2002 3:14:00 AM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the quality of this dry oil spray but the smell annoys me. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2002 10:56:00 PM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read J Lo uses this for her glow so I was immediately sold! Although expensive and HARD to find, the size of the bottle is well worth it. I've tried it once and it didn't work as well as I had hoped but I'm willing to give it another try and I'm willing to try another shade. Surprisingly it wasn't greasy at all and my face got a great glow but use sparingly on the face or it will shine!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2002 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Though I think this is a very nice dry oil (not greasy at all) it was a bit pricey. I think I will stick with something a bit more affordable, but if you can afford it, it has a nice feel to it.