Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 6/19/2006 8:02:00 PM

Received this in the sample kit (free- just pay shipping), and I love it. I am definitely planning on buying a full size of this. I have been on the hunt for a loose powder that would not only set makeup but also help with shine- and my search is now over. Does a great job over any type of foundation, TM, or EM foundations. Great price for a full size $10 - much less expensive than the NARS loose powder I had been eying. **UPDATE** Taking 2 lippies off, this is not good for controlling oil. Sets makeup beautifully, but doesn't help with shine as much as I had indicated in my original review.

This product is tinted cornstarch. Yes it mattifies and creates a soft focus effect just like cornstarch does. I prefer BE's Mineral Veil.

on 6/19/2006 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome! I have very oily, acne-prone skin with rosacea and this, with the EM foundation, or with regular foundation makes my skin look great! It is 90 degrees and I can literally go hours without reapplying. The redness is concealed and I have had no breakouts after using for a week. The company provides free sample kits and fast shipping. All this for a fraction of what I would have paid for BE or Jane Iredale. Try it, you'll love it!

on 6/16/2006 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a GREAT product. I'd been looking for something that would replace BE's mineral veil, due to the oiliness and shine you experience when you wear it out in the sun, for a good while. Other brands flat out tell you that their powder would look weird on darker complexions, so I kept using MV. Thankfully I found out about EM's powder and saw all these awesome reviews! Well it's really worked for me. Yesterday was a REALLY hot day and my makeup looked like I'd just applied it in the morning even after several walks in the hot sun! I'll definitely buy this product for a LONG time. The only thing I miss when compared to MV is that model-, porcerlain-like, absolutely flawless look you get when you first apply it. This one's more mattified. Of course, you don't get the shininess, either, so it works just fine for me.

on 6/11/2006 8:36:00 PM

Fine and smooth. A great finishing powder, comparable to Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder. I usually use the JI Handi Brush to apply it all over. When I really want to matte finish I use a flocked sponge. This is a great product at a great price. When you order it, don't forget to order their free sample kit (3 Foundations, 1 Blush and 1 Concealer/Powder).

on 6/11/2006 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the best powder I've ever tried!! I have super oily skin which gets even worse from wearing sunscreen. I have tried numerous powders to control my oiliness but they either looked to cakey, wore off unevenly or accentuated my pores. This powder provides a matte finish all day without adding any color or cakiness. In fact, you cannot even tell you have makeup on. It holds up amazingly well, so far I have never had to reapply throughout the day, even under hot and humid conditions. Aside from being a great product it is also a great bargain at only $10. You can also try it for free, when you order a free sample kit from EM and in addition you get 3 foundations and a blush. I haven't tried this with the mineral foundation, I rarely use foundation but I will try it with the free samples I received.

on 6/11/2006 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm nearly done with the sample...and I have to admit, this works very well.It's the only item from EM that I liked. I can't believe that it's just cornstarch and mineral color...but in any case, it does the trick. It keeps my face matte a bit longer, and makes my mineral foundation last the entire day. I find that this is easier to apply with a power brush then a Kabuki--something less dense tends to work better. I will definitely be buying the full-sized item.

on 6/7/2006 10:48:00 PM

Yet another unabashed Everyday Minerals lover!
I see no difference (maybe a VERY slight mattifying effect) in the finish, except my pores look smaller, and I look more smooth, overall.
It definitely makes the foundation last way longer on me... I skipped it today since I wasn't going to work, and the foundation didn't last as long (although, in relative terms, a liquid foundation would have been MIA in a quarter of the time versus the mineral foundation). It also delays oilyness, though that is much less of an issue since I started wearing EM.

Do not apply this with a kabuki brush, though... that's what I did at first, and it made the coverage of the foundation worse over blemishes. use a less dense brush and dust it on (I'm using an E.L.F. angled blush/bronzer brush), and the finish will amaze you! Flawless!

This line is absolutely HG material. Doesn't rub off, doesn't sweat off, and it really does make your skin better-- at least in my experience!

slightly warm PPP, combination skin, I wear semi-matte in fair, applied with the "luscious kabuki" from ebay (seller cosmeticville).

on 6/4/2006 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is much better than BE Mineral Veil, this doesn't affect my makeup at all like BE did

on 6/4/2006 10:55:00 AM

I can finally stop searching for my HG powder! I've been loyal to Sonia Kashuk's loose powder in Flesh for years, but the prices keep getting higher and the container has gotten much smaller, plus the formula doesn't seem to be as nice as it used to be, so I started looking for something to replace it. I've tried a number of loose powders-both high and low-end--and my criteria is pretty stiff: make my skin look like my 10-month old daughter's--smooth, poreless, even and with no caking or heaviness. I hate looking in the mirror and seeing a cakey, matte, dull mess! After reading the stellar reviews, I decided I had nothing to lose and ordered some EM Finishing Dust for myself. The shipping was lightning fast and although I was a little nervous at how pale and pinkish the powder appears in the jar, my doubts were laid to rest when I actually applied it. This stuff is marvelous!! It is the perfect finishing touch to any make-up; I've used it over my CDLM tinted moisturizer, PF Loose Mineral Powder, as well as bare skin and concealer and the results are wonderful each time--it's completely transparent (no chalkiness like you get with most "translucent" powders) and so finely-milled that it vanishes on your skin, leaving a fresh and radiant (not shimmery) finish that lasts for hours.

Recommended for Normal Skin