April 16, 2014 | 933 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by flyingcolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The appeal of this product completely eludes me. I'd heard a lot about it from people who absolutely raved about what a difference it made to their appearance, but for me it does...nothing. Not a thing. I was informed that the shade I was buying (No. 1, I think) was suitable for everyone. It certainly matches my skin tone. I apply this around the eye area where I have some slight dark circles, just to brighten the area up. Then I gently pat it in with either my fingertip or a brush only to find that it all but disappears. It doesn't make the slightest bit of difference. Same if I apply it at the sides of my nose or around my mouth, as recommended. If I sweep it across my eyelids it almost immediately creases. I may as well not bother for all the difference it makes.

It seems like this is a HG product for many people, so I'm disappointed at my experience with it. This was NOT a cheap product and for the price it should really be performing well. It seems kind of gimmicky, in my opinion. I get better results with (considerably cheaper) concealers and highlighters.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Something about this product gives me a distinct 'the emperor has no clothes' feeling. Everybody is raving about it, it's like your akeup bag isn't complete without it and you can't board a plane without it in your bag even though you left all your other makeup at home.

For me, it hasn't worked, ever. I have bought into it on more than one occasion and tried a bunch of different colours, however, I end up wiping it around under my eye with the brush and it just doesn't seem to 'stick'. Either I end up with weird orange stains under my eyes, or it looks the exact same as the eye I haven't touched.

However, one of my friends has always had a bit of a problem with dark circles (so have I) and one day I was with her when she went to try this in the department store. Of course I was very skeptical since it had done nothing for me, but lo and behold: her dark circles totally vanished. I was quite amazed. Unfortunately the lady on call tried to make the same thing happen for me, and it just didn't work.

Oh well. This so called Holy Grail is not for me, but I think everyone should just try it out in the shop and see for themselves. My friend won't be parted from hers and I have to say she looks gorgeous with it on.

Update 24 February 2012: I found a highlighter pen that works on me: the Clarins Instant Light thingy :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by matilda11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on sale, which was lucky considering it is nowhere worth the RRP. It's not useless - I still use it in a V on the inner corners of my eye, on my brow bone, and on the top of my cheek bones most days - but it's just insanely overpriced. It's definitely not really a concealer, but I also don't think it's a particularly good highlighter either.
And while I like the aesthetic of the gold tube, the dispensing mechanism and the brush are both supremely annoying. It's like after making it shiny they got lazy and sent the packaging designer on an early lunch.
Disappointing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by courtenayg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

HG! I know I'm late to this party, but holy this is a good concealer/highlighter. I was skeptical because I thought the formula would be too thin to cover my intense under-eye circles. (Anyone else work night shifts?) I thought the pen would be annoying too, but it's actually quite enjoyable to use.

I love this product. It covers up my purple-y sunken zombie eyes and makes me look alive again! It doesn't feel like wearing makeup like my previous thick concealer: Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer. The #2 lightens my NC30 skin nicely. Repurchase for sure. Worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

YSL TE:I have two of these, one to use at my vanity in the morning, and one I keep in my purse, that's how much I love this! This is a surprise to me, because I thought this would just be a glorified highlighter pen, but I was wrong. It does have a highlighting effect, but this is appropriate for dark or sunken TTs because it brings reflective light to where there is excessive shadow. And there is enough pigment to offer light, natural concealer as well (light being the key word, mind you). The color? It is a bit pinky, in the neighborhood of salmon or peach, which is perfect for my dark circles. And no this isn't an all purpose concealer. It can help with that under the eyes, but otherwise it is not appropriate as a concealer for blemishes, very dark circles or other issues. The coverage is obviously not at all heavy, so if just concealer is what you are looking for, do not purchase this. However, the consistency is silky and natural looking, never any flaky, cracked or cakey looks for my under eyes. And as others have noticed, it is also useful as general highlighter. So I always start with this as a concealer, and if my dark circles look especially pronounced, I dot on a heavier concealer where needed. Used delicately, it lasts a while and I will certainly repurchase. My one, tiny complaint is that the gold tube scratches so easily

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Kat0r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was recommended this by my own mother, who has been using their cosmetics for many years. My mum is rarely wrong when it come's to cosmetics so when we saw this on sale in our local department store I had to buy it. It is easy to apply on your skin and although you may be worried about the colour (I have olive skin and was using their 'universal' colour) it blends really well into your skin and skin tone. It also made my eyes more appealing at hiding my dark circles. As I got this on sale the price was pretty reasonable but as it will go back to RRP I may buy this again if I have the money.

Recommended for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by MissMicky88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Bought this for the second time and i still love it. It works easy, makes my undereye area lighter.. like magic. Love it. This is definately my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by xandreaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have the ysl touche eclat in #2 an #8. #2 is a bit light for my nc25/30 complexion but works very well for my slight undereye circles. #8 is more yellowy/gold and i find works better for my complexion. but the product itself is very nice and very useful for touchups and highlighting. the price point is evidently a big issue but ive had my #8 for over 6 months and product still pours out when i click it! And i use it at least 4x a week. will be purchasing again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by LeatherStuddedKiss

This pen is one of my holy grail products, as it is for many others. People need to understand that the Touche Eclat isn't really concealer, it is a brightener. It works wonders for what it is meant for, which is to brighten up under the eyes, plump them up a bit to take away the look of fatigue as well as give the area some shimmer to create a light refracting effect, blurring the area. It is also a wonderful highlight on the cheekbones, and it creates a wonderful base on the lid before eye makeup. I will always repurchase the product for as long as I live. It is AMAZING

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by lolitaexcentrique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I am absolutely in love with Touche Eclat. I have some discoloration around the corners of my eyes, close to my nose and I have never been able to cover it completely with foundation or concealer. This makeup brightens up my skin and is light reflective, but not glittery or shimmery. I usually apply it over my foundation and set it with powder if I want to avoid a dewy look. If that is my goal, I apply it after my foundation and powder. I usually wear it around my eyes, cheekbones and around my nose (I also have some discoloration there). It provides such a natural glow, I just hope the product lasts long (first time buying).