Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

3.7

AQUA (WATER) . CYCLOMETHICONE . GLYCERIN . TALC . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL) . PEG/ PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE . MAGNESIUM SULFATE . TRIDECETH-3 . METHICONE . METHYLPARABEN . SQUALANE . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . “NF8897” .

on 8/16/2012 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This product is horrible. It didn't conceal at all on my dark circles, not even a tiny bit of a difference, and supposedly it's more of a highlighter but even as a highlighter it didn't do anything. I have light skin so even a little makeup looks like a lot on me but this made no difference in my appearance. Maybe this works on darker skinned women, idk. I gave it two lippies because the idea of this product is good and at least it wasn't cakey and the packaging is beautiful.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

First off, let me just say that this is NOT a concealer. It is a highlighter & an awesome one at that. I have seen many negative reviews due to some people assuming that it will cover their dark circles & blemishes, but that is not what Touche Éclat is made for. I am in love with this product & it's a staple in my daily beauty routine. It highlights beautifully. I put it under my eyes to highlight as well as the top of my cupid's bow, along my marionette lines & inner corners of my eyes. It does a great job at brightening the shadows on my face. I have heard some people even put it along the outside of their lip line to make their lips look plumper. The shade: No. 2 Luminous Ivory, is perfect for my LLL skintone. It also looks just as great when I have a tan in the summertime. The first time I tried this product, I bought No. 1 Luminous Radiance & I was not happy with the results as it didn't show up at all on my LLL skintone. Thankfully, I gave it another chance & bought this shade and I'm so glad I did. I completely understand why this product is so popular! My only complaint would be the packaging. It is quite beautiful and I like the brush ok, but I absolutely loathe having to click it to get enough product on the brush. Sometimes I have to click it 6 or 7 times. It takes time for the product to get on the brush, so it's more like: click a few times & wait...click a few more times & wait....well, you get the picture. You either end up with too much product or not enough. It's impossible to see how much or how little product is left in the pen & you can't get every last drop. Because of this, I'm deducting one lippie. Despite the unfortunate packaging, I still adore this awesome little highlighter & I will continue buy this again & again & again. :-)

on 8/5/2012 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think this is probably the first high end piece of make up I ever bought, like most people I guess. It's a nice highlighter under the eyebrow but a concealer it ain't. Like lot's of people I used this like a concealer for a long time,until I learned better. It could actually work ok under a heavier coverage to add some light but I wouldn't buy it again, I think there are better things in the same price range.

on 7/24/2012 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to love this product. The few days after I purchased it, I was trying to see the difference, but really it doesn't make that much difference to my skin. I have been using it as directed under my eyes and on the brow bones after foundation.
Pros: blends well, good packaging, easy to dispense
Cons: not that effective at brightening my eyes
It does highlight skin but only slightly, and for how much it costs I'd want it to do more.

on 7/18/2012 8:47:00 PM

I love this, I have used similar products in the past (Clarins Minute Perfector) and this is amazing. It goes on smoothly and blends in well. I use shade 02 and its perfect for my pale skin. It's functional as well and I can just chuck it my handbag for touchups on the go. I've noticed that it really does make my face more radiant than ever. Love, love, love.

on 7/16/2012 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When I first got Touche Eclat,it was "the only game in town" when it came to this sort of concealer/corrector product (in a clicky tube with an attached brush) and I was thrilled. Since then, so many other companies have come out with products every bit as good and far more affordable AND they're easier to get in retail outlets (I used to have to drive an hour away and then go into a store that was the strangest combination of snooty, bizarre and obsequious that you could ever imagine). Now Sephora (where the SAs are normal and friendly) stocks this but Clarins has come out with a similar product that I much prefer. Add to that the fact that since I've discovered excellent brushes for applying just about any concealer (so "good-bye clicky tube" which often dispenses too much or not enough but rarely "just right") and there is no need to seek out Touche Eclat any longer.

on 7/13/2012 1:26:00 AM

bought this when it came out years ago. the highlighting effect is good but a bit too thick for my liking. i have since switched to chanel's highlighter.

I was so excited to try this. Even though it was so expensive, I had read a lot of great reviews and decided it was worth a shot. The only reason that this gets 2 stars is because it looks very natural. It really didn't do what it claimed to do. No added radiance, and it definitely didn't conceal anything. I know I have some bad under eye circles, but I would be better off using a tinted moisturizer under my eyes for all this did. No help at all. Way too expensive. TERRIBLE packaging. 1 click wasn't enough and 2 clicks was too much. A lot of wasted product. The brush was useless. I will not be buying this again.

on 6/22/2012 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm kind of on the fence with this product. I get all the hype, it's great as an under eye brightener and overall highlighter while not being cakey but really well moisturizing. I don't feel it's worth the high price you pay for it though. The packaging is awesome, but wouldn't repurchase because I think that a lighter shade of concealer does a good job at brightening my under eye area already.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is unbelievable. The packaging is gorgeous (although somewhat inefficient), the product is lovely and the quality is perfect. The product does what it says it will. It is not not not not not a concealer! I hear so many girls call it a concealer and use it as a concealer. This will do nothing to cover blemishes. However, on dark circles over concealer, it works miracles. The formula is silky, radiant and luminous without being shimmery or shiny. I use it around my nose, under my eyes, on my cupids bow, in the corners of my lips and in the hollow of my chin. It's lovely when used with a luminous foundation, NARS illuminator and a sheer wash of pretty lip and cheek stain. The packaging is very pretty, a sleek golden tube that is very stylish. However, it has three faults. 1) It is somewhat unsanitary unless you use alcohol on the brush tip once a week 2) You can't see how much you've used up and how much is left 3) Sometimes the small black button that you click to get product breaks. Overall, I recommend this product. It's most definitely a HG.