November 26, 2014 | 1780 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Lana1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wonderful product. The smell is very nice, you can smell the lavender strongly and a hint of clay, so it's very earthy.
I love how you have to use it. It's something vey different and I don't think it's messy at all. I don't like using milks and cotton balls and whatever else there is, so this is a very good alternative.
Angels on Bare Skin cleanses quite well (well enough for everyday use in combination with a mask now and then) and gently exfoliates. Again not very thouroughly, but it is a nice addition to this cleanser (a more thourough scrub might be needed once in a while).
Angels on bare skin really makes me WANT to wash my face. Not only because it's so good for my skin, but because it's so much FUN to use.
And that is something rarely seen in cosmetic products.
During the first week of using this product I did notice a few dry, eczema like patches on my skin. They disappeared in time however (it is said that ones skin needs time to addapt to LUSH-products) and now my skin is super smooth when I use it. I even notice that the few pimples that pop up now and then are gone in a amazingly short time thanks to this cleanser.
This won't help with acne (LUSH has other products for that), but it does help with the occasional pimple and reduces the redness, without drying the skin too much.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Trancent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must admit, I really gave into the LUSH hype, and I was in love with their products, even though they didn't really seem to work for me, though some things smelled amazing.
Firstly, the smell. I don't enjoy this particular earthy, lavender scent. It's not the smell I would expect or want in a cleanser. It doesn't exactly come across to me as fresh, but more, unrefined and undeveloped.
I used to use this cleanser (as well as Herbalism) when I was more naive, acne-prone and had much oiler skin than I do now.
A warning, these cleansers may work at first, if at all, but will eventually (probably after one tub) have no effect at all or break you out if you have sensitive acne-prone skin.
I also find the tub packing to be unhygienic, as you're continually sticking your hand into the same concoction, then taking parts away from it, while touching the whole product.
It can also be a messy experience using this cleanser, if you want something practical, worth the time, longevity and money, I recommend not purchasing the facial cleansers from this brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by bllhjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This probably would've been my HG cleanser if it hadn't broken me out. Every time I used it, it made my skin feel so soft and comfortable. Angels on Bare Skin did a great job of balancing my combination skin. I really looked forward to using it every day, but for the whole week I used it, I noticed that my acne slowly got worse and worse. It truly is a wonderful product, but I would be weary if at all acne prone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Xiaored

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not dislike this product, but I don't get the hype. I bought $15 worth and used it all. I did not feel like it ex-foliates enough for me. I also felt like it left a film on my skin. I developed cystic acne after the first week and over the two months I used this it did not go away. I loved the smell, but that is not enough to get me to buy again. I am a true Lush fan, but this one I can pass.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Mazzified

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is great, not too rough but it still does the job. I have normal skin on the oilier side and i use this about 3 times/week. Since it contains lots of almond oil i think a oily skin could get even more oily of this. I tried the black one that is similar to this one, dark angels or something and that one was just way too rough. You dont need much so it lasts a pretty long time. the packaging could be better, you easily get water into it which makes the cleanser thinner. lovely fresh and natural scent from lavendel

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by angieleehenry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use this every morning on my bare skin and it made my skin super soft. I have acne prone skin (adult acne) and this stuff made my skin feel clean without stripping it.

UPDATE: I now use Glycolic Acid to exfoliate. I no longer need to use this but still like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by 23Melanie23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a pot of this as I fancied a change from my usual lush cleanser - "herbalism". I found that it does cleanse my skin to a degree but not as well as I was hoping. It doesn't have much texture to it so i felt the need to really scrub it to get my face clean. I have combination skin and found that my cheeks and forehead which are quite medium to dry were left soft and fresh, my nose which can be quite oily felt coated and my chin, which is the only even skin area on my face broke out the day after I used it. Not impressed! I'd reccomend this for people with quite dry skin as I didn't feel the need to moisturise after using this cleanser, it seems a little bit too nourishing for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Blossom79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is pretty good for using over the whole face, including around the eyes, but I have managed to get small bits in which don't sting, but are anoying.
It is much more fiddly than a normal cream cleaners, with the same results. I don't find it exfoliating at all (the ocean scrub is the level of exfoliation I like).
It is fine, but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by nailgrl81

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought 2.64 ounces of this at a LUSH store for about $9. Although it seems expensive, a little goes a long way, as you only use a pinch of it in your hand and mix it up with warm water. I recommend wetting your face before before using this. Don't use too much, like a big chunk or something, and only use a few drops of water for a pea-sized amount.
The lavender in the cleanser generally helps balance my oily/combination skin and my skin feels really smooth after using this. However, I'm not that big a fan of the texture of the product and the way it is packaged. The packaging could have been nicer and more secure, as when I take it with me somewhere, some of the little lavender sprigs fall out or wilt.
I would say this is pretty good for anyone's skin, although I will not be buying it again and looking for other cleansers due to the reasons described above. If you are looking for your HG cleanser, this could be a pretty good option to try out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 7:22:00 AM More reviews by eleseisgreat

I love Angels. It is my favourite facial cleanser ever. The ground almonds are perfect to give you a really gentle, everyday exfoliation and it smells divine. One of Lush's best products in my opinion!