April 19, 2014 | 910 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by megabookfreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Good not great. Hydrated my dry skin for some time but the effect doesn't last forever. It was fun to use in the beg but then it just got a little messy. However it cleared up my redness and spots so yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by ShannonRosa

I love, love, love this cleanser! I have acne prone skin, and so I have tried a whole lot of products to help beautify my skin. This cleanser is the only one I have found to date that I love. It does not dry it out at all, it makes it soo soft, it's cleared up my skin (with the help of my perscribed differin cream, which is also why I love how gentle this cleanser is), and it gives my skin a nice evened out tone. The packaging is not the best because when you get water in there you cant really get it out, but oh well! Price isnt too bad either. I love lush products and how theyre all natural. id rather put natural things on my skin than nasty chemicals! plus, it works best :) i recommend this product highly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by alabasterprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just got a sample of this product a few days ago and in these two and half days of using it I have noticed a HUGE difference in my skin!!! Most of my hormonal breakouts have disappeared as well as some red spots from previous breakouts. My skin feels extremely soft, and I love the smell. It did take a few times to get used to using the product as it is more of a paste than a lather or cream which I used before.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by ferndarlin

my holy grail of face cleansers.
It smells gentle and heavenly, mm lavender!
It gently buffs up my skin.
It unclogs my pores.
It helps to heal any marks post-breakout.
It reduces the redness during breakouts.
It softens and nourishes.
It balances my oilyness.
And a little pinch each time means it lasts me a fair while!
**NOTE** I don't use this to take off makeup with - it's best used after taking makeup off!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 8:03:00 AM More reviews by MademoiselleClara

My favorite cleanser ever! It works very well for my combination skin, and does wonder for my oily t-zone. It doesn't remove make-up because it's not meant to. I use it after my usual make-up remover. It cleans my skin and leaves it feeling very soft and fresh. It didn't make me break out at all.
Needless to say this is now part of my daily skin care routine!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by bbbbeth

Made me break out!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by iluvcandy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What can I say about AOBS? It's one of my fave products from Lush! Those who complain that it doesn't remove make-up, well it's not supposed to. It's sold as a "cleanser" but is not one in the traditional sense that Americans are used to. I wash my fave twice a day and this is what I use in the morning. It gives my face a nice glow and is great at getting any flakes away to allow for smooth make-up application.It only lasts about 3 months so don't be going in buying a pound of this unless you are using it on your whole body lol. I buy 1/4 of a pound and it takes me to just about that 3 month mark...although sometimes it's longer and I never have had any issues. As far as complaints that it's not sanitary to keep dipping your fingers into it, well as with any cream,etc., I use a spatula to scoop some out. It surprises me that people dip their fingers into product...I have always been taught not to, which is why I always use disposable spatulas (you can get the mini ones at beauty suppy stores). AOBS is a great alternative to the St. Ives scub-which is way too harsh for most-and other face scrubs. Any scrubs that have almond shells, etc. should never be used and I don't know how people can buy them. They create micro tears in your skin. You always should treat your face like a piece of fine silk.AOBS is the perfect way to start.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not an unpleasant cleanser my issue is that it doesn't do a great deal for me. I have been using Origins Checks & Balances which is working fantastically but I got a sample of Angels on Bare Skin and it sounded nice so I gave it a go.
It is immediately noticable how it isn't as good as the Origins cleanser. It leaves my pores still blocked even if my skin is soft.
However, someone in a previous review mentioned that this isn't really supposed to be a cleanser as it used to say 'use on clean skin' on the packaging. It is nice to massage this into the face so I will use up the rest of this but won't be repurchasing. I like my products to be highly functional!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2011 5:37:00 AM More reviews by ckn23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful cleanser/soft exfoliator. It does a great job of cleansing my super-sensitive, acne-prone, oily-yet-dry skin, which let me tell you is a challenge. I get no redness or sensitivity from this, and so far it has not caused a breakout (been using for a week, will update if anything changes). I use it twice a day, morning and night, but I use more than the recommended amount when i do (they say a pea-sized amount, I need at least 3x this). And it smells divine, like flowers.

*EDIT* when I bought my second tub of this, for some reason, it irritated my sensitive skin and my face turned bright red and horrible :/ maybe they changed the ingredients, or maybe I was just lucky the first time around, I don't know. I won't repurchase it :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by cathyz123

this is a good exfoliating cleanser but the lavender oil can be irritating/harsh. it smells like lavender and leaves my skin soft and clean if i use it occasionally, otherwise it doesn't do too well for my skin.