November 24, 2014 | 2011 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Color Extend Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2006 6:37:00 PM More reviews by cmarkle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

They recently reformulated both the sham/cond. The new shampoo laters really well and rises clean. My hair feel soft and shiny. I have fine color treated hair and this doesn't weigh it down or strip my color. I find that my color last a lot longer when I use both the shampoo & conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2006 3:21:00 AM More reviews by casn79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What happen to the old version of this shampoo? the new cream version leaves my hair oily. I miss the clear version, it cleaned my hair better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2006 10:04:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the only shampoo hta really saves my color. you must have a professional to advise you on this though. some of the products that contain protein can end up drying out your hair without pro supervision. it is the best for saving color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2006 11:15:00 PM More reviews by slicedbread13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the old version of this shampoo (a transparent see through red bottle and clear shampoo),and it sucks...it dried out my hair but made my hair shiny and smelling fresh.Recently I bought the newer version of this (red bottle,white shampoo)after being persuaded by my hairstylist that the newer stuff was much much better...and I'm so glad I did!The new version is awesome!It makes your hair so soft and shiny,and bouncy too!This stuff rocks!Try it!But make sure its the new version,and not the old!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2005 12:30:00 PM More reviews by AprilH

I purchased this after having my hair dyed red, a color that is very difficult to maintain. I don't believe there are any magic ingredients that can prolong hair color, but I thought perhaps this would be gentler than the average shampoo and therefore not fade out my color as fast. The reviews say this has been reformulated, and I would think that I have the newest version, but I was not impressed. Like other reviewers I had a tough time getting a good lather out of this. I understand that a gentler shampoo is not going to lather as much, but this shampoo lathers so little that it is difficult to work it through the hair. And even after a good rinsing my hair just never felt clean. I also found this way too drying for color treated hair. And I experienced the scalp itch that another reviewer mentioned. I couldn't stop scratching! People probably thought I had dandruff lol. The scent is very fresh and pleasant and that's the best thing I can say about this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2005 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer2

This must have been reformulated since some of the earlier reviews. This has become my "Grail" shampoo. I have a lot of fine, highlighted hair & this product makes it so soft & shiny w/out weighing it down. I usually use Kerastase, but this is so much better. I also love the conditioner. I used these products while vacationing in Hawaii & the humidity didn't even ruin my hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2005 11:53:00 PM More reviews by marippe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is all that my mother uses - so when i come home from school on holiday, i have to use it too. it lathers nicely, but i am just not impressed with it like i am w/ the shampoo i am using now (halo clarity) i don't think i would buy this on my own.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2005 8:24:00 PM More reviews by chloeann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo and conditioner set definitely extends my color. I dunno how, but it does. I love that.

I'm sure there's another set out there that is cheaper and may make my hair a tiny bit more manageable, but overall I really like this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2005 8:01:00 PM More reviews by SusieQ40

I think this is making my color last longer. But I don't like the way it makes my hair feel. I find that my hair is less manageable and kind of limp. My hair feels clean, but coated with something. Would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2005 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Leigh47

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this shampoo and then read the reviews (I know that's not the way to do it!) I almost brought it back to the store. I'm so happy that I didn't. They must have "improved" this shampoo based on some of the terrible reviews. My hair has never felt softer or looked shinier. I dye my hair red every 4 weeks and the color dries it a little. After shampooing with Color Extend, I use All Soft Conditioner. My hair has never looked better!