Redken Color Extend Shampoo

3.1

Sodium laureth sulfate

I've used two bottles of this product and won't buy it again. I got sucked into the salon hype about it protecting my color. I've hated it since the first time I tried it. My hair is limp and it never feels clean even after shampooing twice. The cheap drugstore shampoos always get my hair clean after one shampooing. I'm currently using the new Pantene for blonde highlights and really like it so far.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I have natural long wavy hair and found that this shampoo brought out my natural highlights. Has a nice scent. Not great at frizz control but the sine and color enhancement is worth it.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Me: Dyed my hair a darker brown, easy to maintain but I wanted something to help extend my color. I have thick, usually dry hair that needs plenty of moisture

Outcome:
I didn't find that this product really improved the quality of my hair (didn't harm but didn't help). My color has been fading at the rate it usually does- it isn't particularly moisturizing and hasn't done anything to improve my hair quality. It's really not worth the money, in my opinion.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am not impressed with this shampoo. I can not put my finger on anything wrong with the shampoo. I just don't feel like it does anything special. I haven't noticed my color last all that much longer, either. I will not repurchase, but I don't want to discourage others from trying it out. Like I said, it hasn't done anything wrong with my hair.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

They recently reformulated both the sham/cond. The new shampoo laters really well and rises clean. My hair feel soft and shiny. I have fine color treated hair and this doesn't weigh it down or strip my color. I find that my color last a lot longer when I use both the shampoo & conditioner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

What happen to the old version of this shampoo? the new cream version leaves my hair oily. I miss the clear version, it cleaned my hair better.

this is the only shampoo hta really saves my color. you must have a professional to advise you on this though. some of the products that contain protein can end up drying out your hair without pro supervision. it is the best for saving color.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have the old version of this shampoo (a transparent see through red bottle and clear shampoo),and it sucks...it dried out my hair but made my hair shiny and smelling fresh.Recently I bought the newer version of this (red bottle,white shampoo)after being persuaded by my hairstylist that the newer stuff was much much better...and I'm so glad I did!The new version is awesome!It makes your hair so soft and shiny,and bouncy too!This stuff rocks!Try it!But make sure its the new version,and not the old!

I purchased this after having my hair dyed red, a color that is very difficult to maintain. I don't believe there are any magic ingredients that can prolong hair color, but I thought perhaps this would be gentler than the average shampoo and therefore not fade out my color as fast. The reviews say this has been reformulated, and I would think that I have the newest version, but I was not impressed. Like other reviewers I had a tough time getting a good lather out of this. I understand that a gentler shampoo is not going to lather as much, but this shampoo lathers so little that it is difficult to work it through the hair. And even after a good rinsing my hair just never felt clean. I also found this way too drying for color treated hair. And I experienced the scalp itch that another reviewer mentioned. I couldn't stop scratching! People probably thought I had dandruff lol. The scent is very fresh and pleasant and that's the best thing I can say about this.

This must have been reformulated since some of the earlier reviews. This has become my "Grail" shampoo. I have a lot of fine, highlighted hair & this product makes it so soft & shiny w/out weighing it down. I usually use Kerastase, but this is so much better. I also love the conditioner. I used these products while vacationing in Hawaii & the humidity didn't even ruin my hair.